5.0 out of 5 stars I wish all textbooks were written this way!
Fantastic textbook. It is clear and concise and gets right to the point. It provides numerous examples and sample cases making every concept very easy to understand. Sections and subsections are color coded making it easy to follow. Generally only 2 or 3 pages of "extra stuff" between chapters. It is expensive but well worth the cost.
Published on November 7, 2011 by 10isne1

3.0 out of 5 stars Renter Beware
Published 18 months ago by heather

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish all textbooks were written this way!, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Business Law: Text and Cases: Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Renter Beware, August 28, 2013
I rented this book for my business law 1 and 2 class and although the price was great and it came on time--I received what looks like a chewed up book. (maybe an animal possibly a child) I was informed when I called amazon that the book was brand new when it was sent out and that they would note the account for when they charge me for the damages. I would like to understand how receiving a damaged book calls for me being charged for those damages...I made that call specifically so such an incident would not occur. Needless to say I think I will need to be renting/purchasing my "brand new" books else where from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars got at a great price and in good timing., August 27, 2013
This book was so expensive at my school bookstore. This was way cheaper then the asking price at my school. Got before I expected it to come in the mail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the dry, boring thing I thought it would be..., September 30, 2013
It's actually a very approachable text and interesting. I actually dropped this class (to take next quarter instead) but I'm keeping the book. I can't imagine covering all the information thoroughly in one quarter. I'm going to read it on my own so I can make sure to get all of it in...

5.0 out of 5 stars Law Exists As Much as You Exist, October 23, 2012
I did not expect this business law book to succinctly explain today's economy: "Ethical problems in many fiancial institutions contributed to the onset of the deepest recession since the Great Depression of the 1930's. Not only did some $9 trillion in investment capital evaporate, but millions of workers lost their jobs. The point is clear: the scope and scale of corporate unethical behavior, ... skyrocketed in the first decade of the twenty-first-century-with enormous repercussions for everyone."

I also didn't expect a business law book to include criminal law, or tort law (compensation for those who have suffered a loss or injury due to someone else's wrongful fact.

But, let's face it, law is everywhere, and to be in business; to be a consumer; or, to be an employee of any business, you will be at risk for causing injuries. You will also be at risk for crimes against the government.

"Business Law: Text and Cases," is an excellent resource that walks readers through: responsibilities, liabilities, solutions for anyone who is in an industrial nation.

I especially appreciate how this book anticipates what readers might ask as they read the provided lessons. The authors of this book have used different font colors to indicate main topics, subtopics, and cases that demonstrate what they teach throughout this book.

The only downside to this book, for me, which I managed to get over was while reading this book was that the book started off with an emphasis on law that was unexpected and familiar to me, then seemed to quickly move to subjects like corporations, partnerships, and related topics.

Perhaps that is because I became so comfortable with the style of this textbook.

I recommend this book to anyone looking to be more aware of what is expected, and how to protect your interests.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Textbook I have gotten yet! Packed with loads of information in an easy to ready and understand format., July 8, 2013
I bought this book for my Los Angeles City College Business Law 1 and Business Law 2 classes over Summer 2013. The teacher had us buy the online 2-Semester course access for this book which is $150 on CengageBrain. That package includes online access to this book for 365 days from activation of course key, course work and assignments/tests sent out by my teacher for us to do instead of handouts and such. The teachers did not require anyone to have the real book as all of the work is done online at home and thats where our reading was done. It was all lecture in class. BUT... I felt that having THIS hard cover book would make a difference in my education. My school does not offer this book, but instead a special edition that's made for Pasadena City College, and it only has half the information that is in the full version (the book here on Amazon). And the best part is... Even after buying this book for 248 on amazon (pre-tax) I still had to buy the online Course access key for 150 which had the ebook and all that stuff just so I could participate in class. BUT this review is not for that product, its for the actual hard cover book.. which I LOVE! My grade would not be anywhere close to what it is now (an A) if I did not have this book. I personally just cannot learn as well from reading on a screen versus actual paper. In addition, the book is so well written, has an awesome flow to it that takes you from one subject of law to the next, how they tie in together and other sections of law, etc. Overall AWESOME Book.

If your a student and thinking about buying this book in addition to the online course key's that your instructors are forcing you to use.. I highly recommend it. Not only do you get to have a hard copy of it, you get to KEEP it after that 365 day lifespan for the online ebook. I have a bookcase that is dedicated to my school books, and now a whole shelf just for the start of my law library.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a large book full of legal information and ..., July 10, 2014
This is a large book full of legal information and cases in different fields. I used this book in my MBA Law class (a lot of reading). It made the course interesting and facilitated some animated discussions among the students.

4.0 out of 5 stars College Book necessity, April 8, 2011
Grandmom Mary (Blue Bell, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased this book as needed for my course. Very good. Uusally try to sell it again because of the cost, but I find this one book I may keep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rental Price, June 12, 2014
I'm gonna completely honest and say I opened the book once the whole semester. I rented it thinking I was gonna need it (I always do this and then never end up using it) however considering the one at my campus wanted over 180 to rent, this is a steal and it arrived quickly. It's an okay read if you enjoy the subject.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok..., June 3, 2014
Said it was in good condition but more like acceptable. The cover had a lot of wear and even a bit of tear along the spine. Otherwise it was ok.

Business Law: Text and Cases: Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment
Business Law: Text and Cases: Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment by Kenneth W. Clarkson (Hardcover - November 29, 2010)
Used & New from: $14.95