Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 5, 1999
If I could trade in every start-up book for entrepenuers I own and keep this one I would do so in a heartbeat! The author is a mentor all entrepenuers can look to for practical advice and specific information. This book works with you every step of the way providing ideas for marketing strategies, finance management, and legal start-up issues. This book also helped me to view the written business plan as a creative planning tool and not just a required document for finacial institutions. There is so much information packed into this book that entrepeneurs in all stages of business development will turn to it again and again. I only wish the margins were wider to accomodate all my notes!
on December 24, 1997
After having jumped ship from a Fortune 25 firm many years ago, I became an entrepreneur with my own consulting business. In addition, several years ago I began teaching entrepreneurship at California State University, San Marcos. I am writing to rave about this "Business Start-Up Guide". It is an excellent resource for any entrepreneur, or anyone considering becoming their own boss. This book is an easy read with priceless, up-to-date information that can save us all a lot of time and mistakes. "Business Start-Up Guide" will be required reading in all my entrepreneurship courses in the future!
on January 13, 1998
This is an excellent, information-intensive book written and approached not only by an exceptional college business professor (who definitely is an authority on this subject) but a business/tax attorney with many years of experience. A "must read" for anyone considering starting and owning their own business. This is also a great book if you already have your business up and running and need some current ideas and information. Tom shows you not only how to find the information you require but also how to apply it. A road map for eliminating many problems and questions entrepreneurs are faced with. He's going to raise the business successes ratio with this new book.
on February 28, 2001
What a source of knowledge?
A great book to learn, teach or help start a new business. It covers basic principles helpful not only if you are starting a business but if you are a stakeholder in an existing, new or forthcoming business.
If you already own or have partnership in a business this books helps you to see if there are any holes or if you missed something or find out why something is not working hte way you thought it would.
I learnt in this book about "How To" start a business that I didn't in the business school.
A GREAT GIFT.