5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time, September 9, 2009
This review is from: Business Technology: A Guide for Midsize and Small Business (Paperback)
I am a small business owner and while the wine/food business is normally not the type of enterprise where "technology" is front and center I have made mistakes in the past and was looking for a new perspective. After reading this book the term "business technology" has taken on new meaning. In short, technology is not so much about technological things, of course there are tangible things that are technological, but more importantly technology as it is to me now is much more than that. Technology has come to mean enlightened working...applying big business concepts in small business settings, driving operational efficiencies, expanding services while cutting costs, and connecting my business with customers and suppliers in new ways I never knew.

Having come from the corporate world I knew there were insights that could be applied to small business, I just had no idea these insights could be so succinctly and easily put together in such a relevant way. My business will never be the same now that I have these insights. I am recommending this book to everyone I know who is in business for themselves. I consider it indispensable reading for the small business in the 21st century. This book has now become my right-hand man, and I plan to continue to use it as a reference guide.

It is an easy to read book, without all the 'techno-talk' that usually would turn me off to these kinds of books. In fact, I think it's the first of its kind out there and I expect it will be very popular among those who understand that whether you own a flower shop, restaurant, bicycle store, small factory, public relations co., distribution co., medical clinic, or any other small enterprise, doing business and making a profit will depend on your ability to understand and leverage technology for your business.

I think the author definitely gets it and I absolutely praise this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for any business who wants to keep up with the curve, November 10, 2009
A modern business that doesn't embrace technology is a foolish endeavor. "Business Technology: A Guide for Midsize and Small Business" is a guide to embracing the newest aspects of technology to best improve one's small business through integrating the latest technologies of the twenty first century into the mix. Outlining the most vital of these technologies, Michael W. Johnson brings readers a highly informed read, making "Business Technology" an absolute must for any business who wants to keep up with the curve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biz tech, November 9, 2013
Ryan Heath (56 & Fowla,Tmpl TerS,TPA,FL,US, NaMERiCA,3rdRck,Solr Sys,MlkyWayGalxy,SubQuad-0|0-,11thDmnsion,8x10^) - See all my reviews
Good book! Don't plug in a toaster at your office until you read the first five chapters of this book.

Business Technology: A Guide for Midsize and Small Business
Business Technology: A Guide for Midsize and Small Business by Michael W. Johnson (Paperback - December 15, 2009)
$15.95 $14.12
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.