Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2007 11:55:10 AM PDT
Who cares what a collection of books by diverse authors who contradicts each other, written thousand of years ago has to say about the morals of today? Homosexuality is a natural, harmless variation of humanity's sexual orientationm and two adult consenting homosexuals making love and respecting each other, other people and the law commit no sin!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 2:09:46 AM PDT
rossuk says:
Evidently God cares, where is the contradiction? I cannot find any, the scripture is quite clear, same-sex intercourse is a sin. You suggest that morals change with time they do not. You also suggest that love makes sin OK, it does not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2008 3:23:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 5, 2008 3:25:21 PM PDT]

Posted on May 8, 2009 9:58:01 AM PDT
John Noodles says:
Right, Rossuk...there is no contradiction. The Bible consistently condemns same-sex sexual relationships, unequivocally. The condemnation appears both in the OT and the NT. It is explicitly forbidding in Paul's vice lists. There is no ambiguity whatsoever. Yet gay "theologians," in their desperation and dishonesty, try to confuse and obfuscate that simple, direct truth.

As an aside, I see that a lengthy review I posted a number of years ago--and which had been up for years--has been removed. I guess I should not have gone to such lengths to refute Helminiak's thin, dishonest arguments. This obviously angered some homosexual, who then complained and petitioned to have the review removed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2009 9:35:33 PM PDT
M. Decker says:
Scripture is quite clear? According to Scripture, it's ok to rape women--after all, Lot, the righteous man, is all ready to hand over his daughters to the mob, and the angels have no problem with that solution. According to Scripture, it's best to slaughter and destroy our enemies completely--women, children, everyone, God says so. And let's not forget Jephtha, the judge cited in Hebrews, who sacrificed his daughter--that was ok, too, apparently. Bears devour little boys who make fun of the prophet--that's God's will as well?
If that's the God you believe in, if that's the inerrant line of revelation you claim, then I have news for you--Jesus proclaims a different message. Jesus calls us to love God and love our neighbor. Over the years Christians have discovered that when he said love your neighbor, he meant the neighbor in slavery--and so we don't think slavery is ok. He meant the woman in childbirth--and so we think it's ok if we use drugs to reduce pain then. He meant neighbors of other races, poor neighbors--we've discovered all sorts of moral duties not mentioned directly in the Bible. It's possible, just possible that he meant the homosexual neighbor as well. That's what I'm thinking, and that's why your mean, judgemental interpretation of the Bible just doesn't hold up anymore.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 3:26:16 PM PDT
Jesus spoke to and "recruited" from his among own, Jews. I personally have no problem seeing why the issue of homosexuality was never addressed by Jesus because the law given to the Jews was very, very clear on the matter - it was not OK. Therefore, it simply never would have been an issue among his followers. Once gentiles were recruited, after Jesus' death, it became an issue and the apostle Paul addressed it under the theory that, as he once wrote, "all scripture (not just the NT, is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching and setting matters straight." - 2 Timothy

However, it is true that the love Jesus spoke of surely encompassed a principled love that would simply let the gay community be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 4:45:03 PM PDT
Jesus spoke to and recruited Jews and Gentiles, alike. If you take what Jesus did say as the most important, you'd have to agree that we are to love all people - Jew, Gentile, Carpenters, Fishermen, Tax Collectors - all sinners - as we love ourselves. Turn the other cheek - love your brothers and sisters in Humanity, just as the Lord Jesus does.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality
What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality by Daniel A. Helminiak (Paperback - May 1994)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (117)