Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2013
I ended up selecting this table while trying to find the best option under $1000. My requirements were at least a 3/4" wood top, foldable/rollable, and sturdy enough to last.

Quality wise the table and materials are excellent. The steel used is suitably thick and nicely welded-- to spot welding or rivets here. Assembly instructions were clear and easy to follow (although it might help to be visually oriented when examining the drawings since there are no text step-by-steps for what to do). With two people working it took us two hours, 15 minutes to fully assemble including unpacking, inventorying parts, finding tools, etc.

True to German form there was exactly the right number of parts in the box. No more. No less. Not even a leftover washer.

It is helpful to have two 10mm socket wrenches and an electric drill/driver with a large Phillips head bit (also with a clutch/torque limit on the driver). If you had to use box wrenches and a manual screw driver I could easily see assembly time taking well north of three hours.

The table surface is very nice-- ours is perfectly flat and smooth as it should be. The steel edge should help eliminate nicks and cuts on the exterior edges. Fold-up is easy and it rolls smoothly on the included wheels. The folding legs do not sit perfectly flush against the back of the table when it's folded up-- this is smart-- since it means the legs can't bind up or bend the wrong way when lowering the table which could damage the cross bracing (a failure point of a lower cost table I had years ago).

If there's one complaint it would be that the latches that hold the table 'up' when it's folded for storage really require two people to operate to lower each leaf. (One person on each side needs to press down on a latch on either edge while lowering the table leaf down.) No doubt this is for safety since it almost forces you to have two people for the job (which does make lowering the weight of the panel down that much easier).

Playing with one side down and the other folded up for some one person practice wasn't optimal-- there's a large gap near the net with that configuration which makes it easy for balls to go a-roll'n... That having been said, it wasn't a feature I was really looking for (I don't even know if it's advertised as such) so I won't fault the product for it.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. The table was delivered by CEVA which wasn't totally smooth (after a week I checked the tracking log to see that they had supposedly "contacted recipient to schedule delivery"-- a call that I never received-- but after calling Amazon to straighten it out it was delivered promptly the next day). The box was beat up with holes in two sides and a missing nylon strap on the outside, but the product inside had no damage.
on October 3, 2007
This is a very good table. But amazon has the description all wrong. This is not and outdoor table. It has no synthetic laminate top. I called customer service and they did not care. I needed and outdoor table and I got stuck with an indoor one. Now if I want to return it I have to pay shipping and it's expensive!!
on February 8, 2013
I was a little skeptical about ordering a ping pong table online. I was affraid of the quality without having a chance to look at it before buying it. I have been very happy with the purchase. A solid table, well designed and finished. Putting ti together was not too bad, I strongly recommend laying out the parts and nuts and bolts before you get started. Very happy with purchase
on August 21, 2012
Arrived on time in a very large box. HEAVY. The instructions were in German and the diagrams were sometimes vague. It took my wife and I the better part of an evening to assemble this table. But, once you finish it's great entertainment. Easy to handle when its time to fold it up and put it away. We've had great fun. My son is also impressed and that's hard to do with a sports minded teen.
on December 27, 2012
Very solid, well-made table, we spent many hours playing on it over the Christmas holiday.

Took about 4-5 hours to assemble, the directions were accurate but some of the illustrations were slightly difficult to follow.

When finally asssembled, the table was level and easy to raise to the half open position for practice. I feel with Butterfly we made a good choice.
on December 4, 2014
I have been looking for a good quality ping pong table for a while.

See a few brands in my friends place but can't satisfy with the quality. Then I happened to see that my local library has this butterfly professional 1 inch thick tables for people to play. It's been used for many years and seems to be no problem. I also got confirmation with a friend of mine whom is a coach for table tennis. I wish I can get the same 1 inch thick one but that's over $1k and pricey for my budget. That push me to this one. I am glad with my choice.

Pros:
Nice design. Made in Germany. My kids love this table right away. It can hold 4 paddles and up to 8 ping pong balls. It can also easily folded up.

Cons: (deduct 1 star)
poor package, my box is damaged and so does table, but still functional
very challenge to assemble (same as other comments), instruction written in Germany, have to read the chart carefully, especially certain case where you should NOT tight screw all the way but leave 0.5mm gap, need lots of focus. It took me 4 hours to put together.

Assemble Advice:
1) lay down all parts, count it and make sure you have no missing parts before you start
2) do it slowly, as you don't want undo any work in case you used wrong screws in the first place.

Glad we only need do this assemble work once. After that, it works well.
on August 21, 2015
This table is a challenge to assemble. It takes about 3 hours, two people at times, and very close attention to the instructions which are mostly pictures. There are numerous bolts that are 5mm longer or shorter than each other and you have to lay them on a paper ruler to make sure you are using the right one. There are also quality isses with some of the attachment points. Once I got it together it has been a very playable table and feels pretty stable, but I have concerns about its long-term durability in situations where raucous teenagers are the primary users. They can be just as unpredictable.
on March 25, 2011
Great product, easy to assemble and nice surface. Took about 2 hours to set it up. High quality material and good feel after brief play. Would be perfect without the shipping delay and rejection of the first shipment.
on November 11, 2013
Great table, A few issues though (and hence the 4 rating). First issue was that it came without two nuts that put the installation at halt in the middle and I had to buy it from home depot and then continue with the installation. Second the table was a little damaged (two tiny holes towards the middle of the table near the net).

Overall its a great table. Beautiful bounce. Installation does take time but after all is said and done, the greatest thing is the ease of folding and unfolding it everytime you play. One person can fold/unfold it. The wheels could be designed to move better but it works.

Thanks.
on July 10, 2015
Pros
- Table is really high quality in terms of parts and engineering.
- Well protected in shipping - arrived in perfect shape.

Cons
- Instructions call out the wrong bolts in places (in my opinion) requiring you to partly disassemble in order to free up bolts to complete the table.
- One side of the table was miss-drilled so it wouldn't fit on the center mechanism. Fortunately the other half was correct so I was able to work out the correct dimensions and re-drill it.
- Mostly because of the first two cons, it took 3-4 hours to set up (mind you with power tools it would have gone a lot faster).