4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Book On Physical Gold/Silver Investment
Published on April 27, 2012 by Daniel Mega - Pulp Fiction Author

3.0 out of 5 stars History lesson on the finances of the United States takes ...
History lesson on the finances of the United States takes up far too much of the book. By the time you actually get to buying the gold and silver safely, you realize the book could have been written in 4 chapters. It just doesn't get to the point quickly enough!
Published 6 months ago by Richard Magnan

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Book On Physical Gold/Silver Investment, April 27, 2012
I found Doug's book to be both informative and helpful. Like other reviewers stated it starts off with the WHY you should buy physical gold. This is important especially if you don't know what the big deal is. Why is gold is worth so much? The book explains the bigger picture. Chapter 1 talks about the Federal Reserve and politics. Chapter 2 gives you a broader history of the Federal Reserve, and you come to understand just how much power they have over the economy and the US Dollar which is directly tied to the point he is making about gold importance as an investment.

Chapters 3 - 4 cover more of why the financial industry is flawed, especially banking and the stock market. He goes into more depth, but it gives you an idea why it is a good idea to store physical gold in your house as part of a diversified nest egg.

Chapter 5 - 6 covers common misconceptions and directly addresses how you should fit gold into investing (not just personal conjecture as the previous chapters provide).

I found Chapters 7 through 11 to be the most interesting, and I feel they will give 90% of readers the actual information they are looking for, which is the HOW of buying gold. Where to get it, what it's going to cost, how to store it, etc.

Chapter 12 is gold investments which I didn't enjoy but other people will find interesting as they can learn to leverage gold in a 401k.

Chapter 13 covers the actual selling of the gold when you are done holding onto it.

The next section covers silver. I guess my biggest complaint is the Silver part of the book seemed almost an afterthought. Mr. Eberhardt does not go into nearly as much detail.

That being said he does cover silver buying and selling pretty well in 6 chapters. I found Chapter 17 "Gold/Silver" ratios the most interesting.

Overall I recommend the book for anyone interested in investing in physical gold. I think you will get most of your information from chapters 7 - 13, with the rest still being interesting reading.

If you enjoyed this book you may also like Buy And Sell Gold which covers similar topics, but talks more about gold as a business rather than an investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, August 13, 2013
I liked that the information was simple to learn and understand for someone who knows nothing about buying or investing in gold and silver. As I am venturing out in this new territory, I am able to have my eyes and ears open and know what to buy and have an idea of how much to buy. Many thanks to the author for deciding to go against the mainstream grain and give the little man a heads up on real money, not worthless paper money. I give five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only wish I had bought this book 1st. instead of last, but happy I read before investing., July 23, 2013
This review is from: Buy Gold and Silver Safely: The Only Book You Need to Learn How to Buy or Sell Gold and Silver (Paperback)
Anyone who`s given "Buy gold and silver safely" less than 5 stars was either looking for shiny pictures, or searching for "Fools Gold"....Very informative and easy to digest. Truly everything you need to know about buying and selling precious metals without all the inexpensive filler to sift through. Thank You Doug for saving me from all those Financial companys you see advertised on T.V. Sorry Goldline! See ya! Lear Capital and Merit Financial. I`ve talked to them all and they did just what Doug Eberhardt said they would. Try to sell me what they wanted me to buy. This book is as relative today as when it was written. And will make a great reference to turn to year after year. Thanks again Doug! I look forward to doing business with you. P.S. Just hope my enthusiasm doesn`t make my review sound like a paid ad. I`m a real person from Vermont. If not for the fear of people stealing my gold, I`d give my full name. Signed Charlie....P.S.S. Looking forward to your new book "Illusions" of something. Can`t remember. Anyways. Buy this book peeps. You won`t regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars found out the government can take gold away from people - history, May 13, 2013
omg good thing I found out the government can take gold away from people
they never taught that in history class. (our schooling system sucks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Current Events 2011, April 10, 2011
This is a good read on how to buy gold and silver, all the information makes sense. The first half of the book is all about how we got to this point in history. You have to consider the credit contraction and weak US dollar for what they really are. There is a method to buying gold and this book will help you from getting taken to the cleaners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and insightful into our economy., June 14, 2013
A must read for those who are realizing our economy might be tanking. The author has provided great informative insight which I found most useful. I have been contemplating the decision to buy gold and silver for months and now I feel ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 19, 2014
Concise and to the point. Good book to get started on investing on precious metals. Covers the basics and makes sound recommendations.

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know that, February 15, 2014
I learned quite about about the historical trends in the gold and silver markets from this book. The author makes some interesting suggestions about buying gold and silver.

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth it, January 6, 2015
I recently bought 4 kindle books on Investing in Gold and Silver and this is by far the most informative/practical. I would have preferred to see more information on Platinum and Palladium and not just mainly Gold and Silver.
Additionally, the author goes into an extensive discussion early in the book about why to invest in gold, fiat currencies. Decline of the dollar, etc. I really didn't buy the book for that - I have my reasons for considering presides metals. The 2nd half of the book is what gave me the information I was looking for. That is why I gave it just 4 stars.

Rich M

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond in the Rough!, November 18, 2014
There are SO many investment books out there, but if you're new to gold and silver, _this_ is the book to read. Actually if you're new to investing in general I would still recommend the first 4 chapters. He is one of the few financial/metals experts that looks at the big picture and doesn't just scream: buy now! buy gold now! the world is ending! I also read his blog daily. According to his blog he is writing another book that should be out soon and I am surely keeping an eye out for it.

$10.63 $9.57