From Library Journal
For many, the experience of buying a car is as unpleasant as a root canal, and author Sclar (Auto Repair for Dummies) provides just the right medication. A well-known consumer advocate and expert repair consultant, she presents numerous tips on first deciding whether to buy a new or used car and, the best part, the truth about auto financing. With this handy and briskly narrated advice, listeners can now feel more confident as they steer their way through negotiating a fair price, getting insurance, establishing an affordable maintenance plan, picking cherries and avoiding lemons, determining what options are really needed, and calculating how much a car actually costs. Highly informative, this guide is recommended for all public libraries.ADale Farris, Groves, TX
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
"All the information necessary to get a fair deal
comprehensive, clear, and easy to follow." Ralph Vartabedian, "Your Wheels" Columnist, Los Angeles Times "[This book] will save some readers money, time, and maybe their sanity. First-time buyers and even seasoned car owners will find helpful hints here." Library Journal
Make It a Smooth Ride
If the idea of buying a new car is driving you mad, then let this dependable guide steer you in the right direction! Using clear explanations and road-tested advice, renowned consumer advocate Deanna Sclar covers all avenues of buying and owning a car, from negotiating a fair price to finding reliable insurance to saving money on routine servicing. So, park your anxieties with Buying A Car For Dummies®, you're always in the driver's seat! Get the Most Mileage Out of Your Dollar
- Calculate how much your current car really costs you
- Weight the pros and cons of buying new or used
- Get the best trade-in, resale, or donation value for your vehicle
- Pick out a cherry and avoid the lemons expert advice for buying a reliable used car
- Determine what features and options you really need in a new car
- Get the straight scoop on financing or leasing your car
- Find an insurance policy and company you can trust
- Protect your automotive assets from steering wheel locks to full-blown security systems
Complete Guide to the Perils and Pitfalls of Renting a Car Included!
See all Editorial Reviews