From the Publisher
Buying a home is the single biggest investment most people make in their lives. And in today's volatile market, making the right decision about which home to buy is even more critical. Whether you're buying a home, a condominium, town home or an income property, the Better Business Bureau's Buying a Home: Insider's Guide to Success
guides you through every step of finding the right home at the best price. Experts from the BBB tell you what you need to know about choosing a home that will increase in value, how to pick the right mortgage option, what questions to ask about properties and communities, which pitfalls to avoid, and the best resources to use when purchasing a home.
The book is packed with essential information including:
* Location, Location: The scoop on neighborhoods, schools, safety and zoning
* Financing Facts: Understand mortgages and get the best financing
* All-Important Inspections: What to do if you find problems
* Negotiating Strategies: How to negotiate the best deal
* Seal the Deal: What you need to know about escrow, closing and legal
* Red Flags and Warning Signs: Expert advice on avoiding rip offs
* Worksheets and Checklists: Guide you through every step
About the Author
The Better Business Bureau is the authority on trust in the marketplace. For nearly a century, the BBB has set and upheld high standards for fairness and honesty, and it is a trusted source for consumers and businesses looking for reliable, impartial information.