From the Back Cover
A twenty-first-century update to the modern business classic . . .
For more than fifteen years, this handy guide has provided entrepreneurs and small business owners with a simple, step-by-step plan for buying or selling a businesswithout their own special team of lawyers and accountants. Written by leading business attorney Robert Klueger, this up-to-date guide now includes everything you need to know about recent tax law changes, as well as an entirely new chapter on limited liability companies. It answers all your critical questions, covering everything from the valuation of a business through the negotiation stages to closing the deal.
Packed with the kind of real-world guidance you can only get from a professional, Buying & Selling a Business, Second Edition shows you how to:
- Choose a business thats right for you
- Evaluate the business, determine why the seller is selling, analyze the sellers operations, and analyze balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow
- Negotiate effectivelyincluding negotiating for price, timing, stock and asset agreements, noncompetitive agreements, and more
- Buy a franchisekey considerations that make a franchise different
- Ensure a hassle-free closing with no surprises
About the Author
ROBERT F. KLUEGER is a partner in the law firm of Boldra, Klueger & Stein LLP of Woodland Hills, California, which specializes in taxation, estate planning, and asset protection for small and midsized companies. Mr. Klueger is also the author of A Guide to Asset Protection, available from Wiley. For more information, visit www.LAtaxlawyers.com.