5.0 out of 5 stars I'm convinced!
I purchased this book on Saturday at a book signing in Washington DC, read it on Sunday afternoon, and immediately decided to become a vegetarian. I gave up red meat and pork a year ago when I became alarmed by the high rate of cancer in my own circle of friends and family. Dairy followed last fall - for digestive reasons - and I haven't had a cold since...
Published on May 4, 2010 by NadineR

3.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Veganism
A great introduction to veganism with explicit descriptions of how all foods get to our plate. An easy and informative read. The recipes towards the end of the book sound quite tasty too and I can't wait to try some of them.
Published 10 months ago by Pildit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!!, May 12, 2011
I read this book in one day, it was that impactful. I was a teetering vegan and was tinkering with the idea of going full plant-based until I read this book.
Packed with information on how meat contributes to disease and ill health had me running for the vegan hills. The author does an excellent job of presenting a case to switch over to a vegan diet for the planet and our health.
Black North American women (I am Canadian) need to really sit down and consider the negative impacts we are causing ourselves by not paying special attention to what we eat. In fact, all people need to do this and that is the main message of the book.
Also, being vegan is damned delicious. The food is outstanding and flavorful and colorful and yummy. I highly encourage this book for anyone looking to change her/his life and health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Applaud her passion for healthy eating, March 23, 2014
This review is from: By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat (Paperback)
You are what you eat. Takes the fear away from preparing food that is good for you and taste good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exemplary!, January 29, 2014
As a recent breast cancer patient, this book has become my constant companion. It has affirmed my decision to make the switch from a vegetarian to a vegan diet as I begin my cancer journey. Tracye Lynn McQuirter writes in a clear, no-nonsense manner which makes the factual information presented in the book more credible. Her sense of humor is also refreshing. I have ordered several copies for friends and family.

Thank you, Tracye, for being a wonderful voice for black women who know that a vegan diet is the healthiest choice for us and our families.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Intro. To eating Healthy!, January 21, 2014
An excellent reference packed full of healthy recipes ideas as well as vegetarian recipes for the person just starting out in getting there eating habits in check.

4.0 out of 5 stars Introduction to being Vegan, September 21, 2013
The book gave lots of information on what's being put in our meat and why its best for our bodies to become vegan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary, August 27, 2013
This book is very informative. However not for the faint at heart. I was contemplating going vegan. Having read the book ....I am now convinced that vegan ism is the correct choice for me. Faint wait to try the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 14, 2013
Anita (Austin, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
i would recommend to anyone who has high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease. This book is an inspiration. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars packed full of info, May 24, 2013
this book is packed full of information and helpful hints... alot of delicious recipes and useful insight for those looking or who have already made the transition

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative!, May 19, 2013
Lakiya Harley (WALDORF, MARYLAND, US) - See all my reviews
This is less of a cookbook and more or a what you need to know about being vegan! I love the wording I just wish there were more recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!! read this book!!, February 20, 2013
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! It helped me to not only become a vegan but reasons to STAY a vegan!!! Love love love this book!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›