5 out of 5 stars

on November 25, 2009
This is the best software I have found for assisting with language learning. I've been struggling to keep up in my tagalog class due to the overwhelming amount of vocabulary to learn in addition to grammar rules. This software will not help you with grammar and sentence structure so much but will help you build your vocabulary. Therefore, i recommend this software in combination with a class that you are taking or a book that you are reading. I have had a hard time finding a book that teaches grammar but am taking a class at a community college. This product is an excellent supplement to whatever other technique you are using to learn the grammar of the language. it is essentially a system of electronic flash cards with hundreds of lists defined for you. It'll help you with adding words and phrases to your long term memory and will help you with pronunciation. It'll also help you with beginner coversations. There are also automated tests and games that you can play to help remember what you learn and use it regularly. The cost is also very reasonable when you compare with other software packages such as the pimsleur tagalog and rosetta stone series. The software is also configurable which is another huge bonus. The UI is excellent and allows you to build your own lists and record the words. There are occasionally some places where the words used conflict with what I learned. Sometimes there are more than 1 word that can translate to english. So you can change the lists to be consistent with what you are learning in your class if you want. The lists that came built in were fine for me though and I was impressed from day one. I'm addicted to it now and am very happy to have found this product!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on November 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
Arrived in a timely efficient matter and is already installed in my laptop. Great quality and much cheaper than my previous choices.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again