From the Back Cover
Write — and Understand — C Programs in No Time!
- The Fun and Easy Way to Find Out About C Programming
- Your First Aid Kit for Writing and Using C Programs
- Use C to Tell Your Computer What to Do — Explained in Plain English
Free C "Cheat Sheet" Inside
C For Dummies, Volume One, is for you if you've tried to figure out C Programming but have met with keyboard-pounding frustration. This book assumes you don't have a Ph.D. or work at MIT or Bell Labs. You're a bright person, but you require a bit more handholding than you have found in any other C book. You have your complier. You have that will. Fear not! This hand guide will get you up and running with the C language in an informative and entertaining way not yet conceived by any other programming book.
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Find coverage on all popular compilers, including the latest from Borland and Microsoft
- Discover "Cheat" boxes that offer useful tips on typing in programs
- Write your own C program and make it do something useful!
- Use a compiler to translate source code into language your computer can understand
- Avoid unimportant or laborious concepts
- Find no math! (Okay, very little math.)
- Uncover shortcuts, tips, and suggestions for avoiding pitfalls
- Hone your C knowledge with chapter quizzes and final exams
About the Author
is the author of IDG Books Worldwide's #1 international bestseller DOS For Dummies
, 2nd Edition, as well as Word For Windows 95 For Dummies
, and PCs For Dummies
, 4th Edition. He is the coauthor of Illustrated Computer Dictionary For Dummies
, 2nd Edition.