Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: C.S. Lewis: The Signature Classics Audio Collection: The Problem of Pain, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, Mere Christianity
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2007
I like to read, but I found this audio collection to be outstanding. I felt I got more out of his books listening to them, then actually reading them. He is very deep and concentrated in his thoughts and ideas, and it helped me immensely in my understanding and appreciation for who CS Lewis is and how he write.

I am a seminary student, and consider CS Lewis to be a modern day Apostle Paul. If you find reading CS Lewis difficult, I suggest you try the audio books, there is something about having someone read to you, and being able to comprehend it better.

Thanks Amazon for providing this series!
on March 19, 2007
Some readers obviously don't understand the material. Others deliver it well enough, but don't sound authentic. Not this time. If I didn't know better, I would say C.S. Lewis himself was reading this book. It has been a pure delight to revisit these classics in audio form. I strongly recommend it.
on March 28, 2007
Of course Lewis' books are great (we all know that) but the narrators in this package of books are spectacular. The narrator for The Screwtape Letters is uncanny (and eerie) in his reading.

The narrators truly make this a first class product. I highly recommend!
on September 5, 2007
The reading of each book was complete and well done. I had started 2 of these as books, "Mere Christianity" and "The Great Divorce", but I never seemed to find time to read them. I can listen to the CDs working around the house or in the car. "The Screwtape Letters" were great. A real reminder how clever satan is at making you think that the issue is solely yourself or others. He is called the deceiver for a very good reason. "Mere Christianity" is a very thoughtful book and one worth discussing with others (Book Club, Book study etc.) "The Great Divorce" has nothing to do with marriage, but our divorce from God and how he wants the best for us and we settle for so much less. After listening to this book you will make decisions differently. "The Problem with Pain" is intense. C.S. Lewis is indeed a critical thinker. Pain is the result of the fall from grace and about how grace restores you (much different from curing you). Each time you listen to one of these CDs you will learn more about yourself, God and your relationship with Him. If you are not certain of who God is and is satan is real these CDs will be very helpful.
on April 14, 2013
I'm not a major intellectual, but I did manage to complete a four year degree... Maybe if I were more astute I wouldn't have a problem with the use of old English (if that's what you call it) & the thick English accent of the reader... I'm just finding almost every story hard to follow and I haven't had a problem with other audio books. It's just a bit over the average Joe or Mary's head... I'm going to try listening at home so I can really concentrate... I just can't drive and take it in as I can most audio books... So perhaps I'm just not that bright... I don't know... But for what it's worth, that's my review!
on August 23, 2007
There are few books that make you stop and take an accounting of who you are, what you're about and how you fit into time and the universe more than Mere Christianity. While it was originally a radio series (BBC) broadcast during WWII, it's approach is as applicable now as it was then or at any point in time.

If you have any doubts, concerns or interests regarding the existance of God and/or how we relate to Him; if you're searching for Truth (with a capital "T") you will find some of your answers here.

The approach is non-denominational and non- doctrinal. CS Lewis speaks of basic easy to grasp universal concepts rather than lofty dogma. Mere Christianity is and has been a modern classic that can be read and re-read with passion not only for they who search but also for they who have found answers to basic questions we all pose while here on earth
on April 9, 2013
As are the other works. We listened to this on a cross-country road trip. Very intense, but extremely enjoyable. The works sparked a lot of conversation between my wife and I, both of whom are not practicing religious people.
on June 13, 2016
this is a collection of 4 books by CS lewis. So far, I've listened to the Great Divorce, which is a fictional story of one man's travel from hell to heaven. It is beautifully narrated by a very talented gentleman who captures multiple characters almost effortlessly. I have not yet listened to the others, but I'm working through them gradually. They are wonderful.
on March 20, 2013
Sometimes hearing something read resonates a bit better than simply reading it. Having read "Mere Christianity" and "The Problem of Pain" before, it was easy to listen to those while driving down the road, and to hear things I had missed during the actual reading. Almost everything Lewis writes in the apologetics realm is challenging, and it is always honest and confirmatory. Truly a treasure is he.
on September 4, 2015
C.S Lewis is a treasure. You have to read slowly, and re-read or in this case listen several times. I gain new insight each time I listen. He always makes a clear case in favor of real Christianity.