Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.09 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepad Made for Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad - Black
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.00 (17%)|
- Officially Apple-Certified - Meets performance standards for devices running iOS 7 or later: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th gen.)
- Multiplayer Support - Ideal for video games like Skylanders: Trap Team, FIFA 15, Real Racing 3 and Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, up to 4 controllers can pair with the same iOS device. Bluetooth connectivity easily links C.T.R.L.i to most Apple products
- Extensive Battery Life - Includes AAA batteries for up to 40 hours' gameplay on Apple smartphones and tablets. This iOS controller plays nicely with Terraria, Powerpuff Girls, BioShock, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 and more
- Travel Ready - Mobile gaming at its best, an adjustable smartphone clip attaches your device atop C.T.R.L.i. Play everywhere with games like GTA: San Andreas, Thomas was Alone, The Wolf Among Us, Dead Trigger 2, Bastion, Limbo, Beach Buggy Racing and more
- Fantastic Big-Screen Gamer - An HDMI cable and Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter (each sold separately) can connect an iOS device to your HDTV. Add C.T.R.L.i iPhone controller for a console-grade gaming experience on the widescreen
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepad delivers traditional gaming controls for devices running iOS 7 or later. Whether at home or on the move with the included smartphone clip, C.T.R.L.i transforms your iOS device into a portable gaming console. Connect your iPhone to your TV with Apple’s Lightning Digital AV Adapter and you can enjoy an authentic arcade experience in your living room. Providing responsiveness that outshines those made for standard gaming consoles, C.T.R.L.i is the premier controller for Apple devices.
Color: Gloss black
From the Manufacturer
Console-Caliber Gaming Performance
C.T.R.L.i provides familiar gaming controls for iOS 7. Boasting responsiveness that outshines controllers made for gaming consoles, C.T.R.L.i is the premier controller for Apple devices.
Perfect for Big-Screen Gaming
Armed with the proper cable and Apple’s Lightning Digital AV Adapter*, you have the power to connect your iOS device to your HDTV. And, a console-grade gaming experience isn’t complete without a console-grade controller. C.T.R.L.i is just that – a full-size gaming controller with premium components including dual analog sticks, fully analog triggers and action buttons, plus a pressure-sensitive D-Pad. *Sold separately.
Traditional Controls for iOS Gaming
C.T.R.L.i replicates console gameplay with a classic sticks-and-buttons control layout you know so well. Whether at home or on the move with the included smartphone clip, C.T.R.L.i transforms your iOS device into a portable gaming console.
- Full-Size Controller with Console-Like Feel and Precision
- Easy Bluetooth Pairing, No Dongle Needed
- Comfortable and Sturdy
Uncomplicated Bluetooth Connectivity
An easy pairing process will quickly establish a Bluetooth link between C.T.R.L.i and an Apple device. Enable a connection by merely pressing the gamepad’s dedicated Bluetooth button and then tapping the C.T.R.L.i entry on the host device. Accommodating full support for multiplayer gaming, up to four gamepads can pair to the same iOS device. And, four convenient LEDs grant at-a-glance player status.
C.T.R.L.i App Monitors Controller Status
A downloadable application keeps tabs on controller functionality. Once installed on an Apple device, just a few taps can easily determine remaining battery life. The application helps future-proof C.T.R.L.i by offering automatic notification of over-the-air firmware updates. Also doubling as an onscreen controller health clinic, press a button or move a stick to visually verify that all C.T.R.L.i components are physically fit.
Extensive Battery Life
Courtesy of integrated Bluetooth technology, C.T.R.L.i is extremely efficient at power conservation. Offering plenty of portable gaming power, the included AAA batteries last for up to 40 hours.
An adjustable travel clip* can affix an iOS device directly atop the controller. Take it with you to add a new dimension of performance to mobile gaming. *Minimum device width = 2.3 inches (58.6mm); maximum device width = 3.17 inches (80.5mm).
Plays Nicely with Apple Products
C.T.R.L.i employs an Apple-approved Bluetooth chip to ensure compatibility with most Apple products. C.T.R.L.i is officially Apple-certified to meet or exceed their comprehensive performance standards.
C.T.R.L.i is Made for:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPad Air
- iPad mini with Retina display
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Top Customer Reviews
Just added a picture of it working on the 4th generation Apple TV.
*****This controller works flawlessly with the new Apple TV 4 generation. It paired with the apple TV in just a few seconds in the Bluetooth setup tab for the Apple TV. I actually think I like navigating the Apple TV with the Controller better in most cases than the new Apple TV touch remote. I am going to try the SteelSeries Nimbus controller too, to try out, but I think I may be getting more of the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i controllers because of the button layout is just like the Xbox One and because it feels solid in my hands. The Nimbus has both thumb sticks at the bottom of the controller.
***** Works fantastic with my iPhone 6s Plus
Everything works fantastic with one exception. You have to download the app on your iPhone or iPad before you par it. It did take several attempts to par it before it took but has worked fantastic sense. All of the buttons and sticks work smooth. Fits my iPhone 6+ with a OtterBox Commuter case just perfectly. Just what I was looking for. Also, my nephew purchased the same exact Mad Catz CTRLi controller and has had the same experiences as I have had.
On the positive side...
1. The feel is quite similar to the Xbox 360 controller; since that's the epitome of game controllers for me (possibly a tie with the Nintendo Gamecube's wired one), I liked holding it to play games on my iPad. The colors of the letters are switched from the Xbox one (but that is likely to protect against any patent lawsuits).
2. A lot of games work with it (the ones on the Featured page of its app are a fraction of the ones that are reported to work), but not all let you choose the command layout--not a MadCatz issue, but you should be aware that the controller isn't meant to override anything the app tells it.
On the negative side...
3. Battery life. It's very small, most likely because the engineers made a very poor decision: it operates on AAA batteries, not AA ones. Using an alkaline pair, the Battery Level reading via the CTRLi iOS app dropped 12 percent over the span of 80 minutes, only 30-35 of which were spent playing games. The rechargeable batteries I use in all my other products (wifi keyboards, wireless headphones) last 1-2 20-30 minute sessions at most before requiring a new charge session. There's a reason all the console controllers use AA batteries: they contain 2.5-3 as much current capacity.
4. There's no OFF button. The controller puts itself to sleep... *30 minutes* after it was last used. It's not as much a factory in the battery life as the AAA problems, but still significant, I would imagine. In their minimalistic replies, customer/technical support said that "this may change in future firmware updates."
5.Read more ›
The controller is built like an Xbox 360 controller without the ability to click down on the joysticks. The mount comes off easily by taking off the mounting thumbscrew. As far as things go, I believe this will work for all iPhone up to date (a little held back about the iPhone 6 though, but if you compare the width of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 with minimum discrepancies, it should work for the iPhone albeit a little snug). The mount cannot be adjusted. Nice touch that MadCatz included two AAA batteries which this thing runs off of so we could pop this in on our hiking trip.
Other than that, the packaging is well done, very beautifully in fact. Comes with stickers but I don't know what we'd do with those. Further instructions an compatibility on certain games and their respective controls can be found on MadCatz's website.
The controller is well-built and feels nearly the same as an Xbox 360 controller. Like other reviewers have likely mentioned, the d-pad is not good at all. I didn't think this would matter to me much, but it does. The clip for the iPhone works fine, though it would be nice if it could swivel to change the angle of the device. The angle that the clip uses is not a natural angle for my wrists, so they become uncomfortable after prolonged use. The bluetooth works fine though it can be a bit finicky.
The reasons that I chose this controller are that it has L and R triggers, and has the same button arrangement as the Xbox 360 controller. If I hadn't purchased this controller, I would have gotten the Horipad, which has a great d-pad apparently, though it doesn't include a clip to hold the iPhone nor does it have L and R tiggers, only L and R buttons. In retrospect, I should have purchased the Horipad since I don't really play enough FPS games to justify the need for triggers, and my games that use the d-pad are significantly less fun on a controller with a terrible d-pad such as this one. The Horipad doesn't have a clip, though, so I guess that's a big plus for this controller.
Overall, if you want a clip or triggers, this is the only controller you should consider. If you don't care about those, or if you play a lot of games that use the d-pad, skip this one, as the d-pad is really bad.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Successfully played about 40 hours each so far of KOTOR and FFIX. Awesome for the old school gamers. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Biotech Student
Doesn't creak when gripped tightly, buttons feel well made and don't rattle around in their holes; thumbsticks are decently sprung and move easily. Read morePublished 7 days ago by J. Welke
Came a few days early, was great for trip to Florida, very well made, a lot of fun to use, thanks Amazon.com and MadCatz , would highly recommend it💖🎮Published 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
Level of quality was far better than I'd thought it would be based on some older Mad Catz controllers I'd previously purchased.Published 18 days ago by JS
I got this controller for my iPad mini (retina) and it works perfectly. The controller looks and feels premium. I had no issues connecting it with my iPad. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Rameez Khan
Met all my expectations picture Xbox 360 controller playing iPhone Games no regretsPublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer