5.0 out of 5 stars *** READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY ***
If you buy this direct from Amazon (sold by Amazon) you will get a genuine high quality CablesToGo product. If you by this from MarginMart Inc. (fulfilled by Amazon) you may get a lower quality copy.

Published on January 28, 2012 by Mom CPX

1.0 out of 5 stars Was shipped cheap generics instead from Citi Electronics
Published on April 11, 2010 by Auggie

5.0 out of 5 stars *** READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY ***, January 28, 2012

We originally bought a cable direct from Amazon. It came in a branded CablesToGo bag, the printing on the side of the cable said "CABLES TO GO PATCH CORD" and the connectors on the ends of the cable have the CablesToGo logo on them. A good quality product. Five Stars.

When we purchased a second cable, the Amazon link of our original purchase took us to the MarginMart Inc seller (fulfilled by Amazon) rather than the original sold by Amazon. We ordered the cable anyway as it was a couple of dollars cheaper. When it arrived it was clear it was a different product. It was a generic cable in a clear plastic bag. There were no CablesToGo logos on the bag, or on the connectors. The cable was thinner and less robust. Two stars - A generic cable should have been even cheaper on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was shipped cheap generics instead from Citi Electronics, April 11, 2010
Beware buying this product from the vendor "Citi Electronics." They shipped me generic no-name brand cables, instead of the unique Cables-To-Go snagless custom boots. The "generics" are like typical Ethernet cables with the thick molded boot that fully encapsulates the plastic tab used to unlock the cable from a jack. I've found trying to press on this thick "thumb bump" boot to push on the tab difficult to use and sometimes I have to pull the boot back in order to press directly on the tab to properly disengage it. It seems these generic boots are just too large and may actually be pressed up against the jack housing causing tension on the jack and making disengagement harder (hence my need to peel back the boot or forcibly push the cable further into the jack to unload the tension on the tab).

Which is why I now use the Cables-To-Go snagless versions as it uses a light and small vinyl flap that rests on the plastic locking tab to aid in disengaging yet allows easy unobstructed view and access to this tab to ensure you are properly disengaging it without adding any stress or tension to the connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, July 3, 2010
Hopels (East Coast) - See all my reviews
I hate snagless ends. They are a pain to unplug from computers in my opinion. However, if you are just going to plug this in and leave it, the cable is great. Since the cable is listed as snagless (right?) I don't think I can knock a star off. I get full bandwidth between two gigabit adapters and have had no issues with reliability. Cat6 cables are a must have if you keep files on a home server, like to game, or share files with other computers at home. For this price you can't go wrong!

1.0 out of 5 stars Can you say Counterfeit?, May 20, 2011
BUYER BEWARE: I ordered 3 separate Cables to Go, Snagless Cat 6 cables for my network. The black and green ones were fine. They came in Cables to To packaging and were snagless. The blue ones are neither snagless nor are they legit Cables to Go cables. I ORDERED FROM AMAZON. I wouldn't be upset, but the cheaper snagless cat 6 cables are half the price of these. I'm setting up my network tomorrow or else I would just return the cable. Really disappointed with Amazon. I understand if a cheap seller(citi) ships counterfeits, but Amazon?!? wow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seller Citi is NOT selling Cables to go as pictured., October 9, 2010
I got three different colors from Citi (7 ft model)
They were NOT as pictured.
Instead of a very flexible snagfree tab, they had a tiny hard nob in its place.
Much harder to release ... it did release though.
No markings of any sort stating that they were Cables to Go.
I have others that are Cables to go and they were as pictured with a flexible snagfree tab that worked great.
Bottom line is that Citi sent a different item, the Cables to go as pictured are great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, it's a cable... However not the one promised., January 19, 2012
The one star is not for the cables themselves, but for the misrepresentation.

Let me preface this with, I'm having a bad Amazon week...

I have ordered many of Cables-To-Go cables in the past. This is not one of them. At best I'll call it a knock-off. Cables-To-Go cables are packaged in Cables-To-Go packaging & have a distinct look to them. They do have a similar end termination to them; however they are not what they are described to be. Also,there was an original label on the packaging that was covered up by an Avery self-print label with the words Cables-To-Go on it. Under that label is the real label stamped made in China. Cables-To-Go are made in Ohio.

I ordered two 14 ft. cables and one 25 ft. cable in this order NONE of them are Cables-To-Go brand. In fact the 25 ft. cable is a different brand all together (this one with no disguise packaging, but same overlay label), and is not terminated the same way. It has the little cup shaped snag-less cover over the plug release which makes it very difficult to unplug the cable. Lastly, all three cables are rated 500MHz not 550MHz to boot.

Now, you may be saying, wow this complaint is petty. And it is very possible that these are good cables. I see it as false advertisement...

I have had more issues with merchandise and Amazon customer service on this order (20 item order) than I have ever had period. I drop thousands of dollars a year at Amazon and have always been treated well and got what I was promised 99% of the time. I hope this is just Amazon having a bad day... I feel everyone deserves a second chance, so I will readdress the issues with customer service and hope Amazon steps up and makes it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, August 1, 2009
Product was a fraction of the cost for name brand equivalent from Best Buy Delivered promptly.

2.0 out of 5 stars MarginMart shipping non CTG brand cable, February 4, 2012
Looks like Citi isn't the only seller pulling a bait and switch. I just received my cable from MarginMart (fulfilled by Amazon). It's an Atlona cable, with a new UPC sticker slapped over the old one. The sticker says "Cables To Go 27155..." The cable I received has a standard snagless boot, not the nice CTG snagless boot in the picture. Really disappointing when you can't trust the brand/picture/description. Amazon should dump MarginMart as a seller. No mistake here. They are intentionally sending the wrong cable (evidenced by the new UPC sticker with "Cables To Go" printed on it).

5.0 out of 5 stars What The Doctor Ordered!, February 16, 2009
C. Weaver (Rusk, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
Just what I needed. I don't like wireless as I live right by a road and am always having problem with interference, so the cable route was the way to go. This cable worked great and fit the bill just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage Cables, December 5, 2010
Apparently, I also got the knock-off cables that others have mentioned. I found that when I tried to disconnect the cable from my computer, the connector could not be disengaged from the jack whether the big rubber flap was in the way or not. I haven't had to shim an ethernet cable out of a jack in years. Cheap stuff here.

Rate and Discover Movies