5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, so far
Published 14 months ago by William C. Mead

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you want to connect a turntable.
I have a turntable that I wanted to connect to my receiver on the other side of the room. When I used this cable to connect the turntable I got a loud buzzing. I'm sure that 25 feet is a long way to push a phono level signal, but I was able to find a different 25 foot cable which worked just fine.
Other than the fact that these didn't work for what I wanted, they...
Published 2 months ago by Bengeance

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, so far, December 26, 2013
This review is from: C2G / Cables to Go 13042 Velocity RCA Audio Extension Cable, Blue (25 Feet/7.62 Meters) (Electronics)
In my A/V system, the video components are at the front of the room, while the audio components are along a side wall. I bought three of these stereo cables to pass the audio back and forth. They appear to be of excellent workmanship. The cable is heavy gauge and quite flexible. The connectors are nicely machined and plated. Be aware that the connectors are the usual male RCA plugs on one end, and female RCA jacks at the other. This works fine if you use a short male-to-male cable at one end. I can't detect any unwanted signal modifications or loss.

Perhaps a word about what these cables should not be expected to do would be useful. 1) Do not use them for extending a phono (turntable) input cable. The reason your phono input cable is short is that the signal being transmitted is high impedance and low voltage, connected to a high gain amplifier. Keep it short. Similar considerations apply to microphones. Balanced microphone cables offer better performance. 2) These are not intended to be speaker cables. They might work in a low-power system, but I wouldn't attempt to use them as speaker cables in a high quality A/V setup. Use them only for "line level" inputs and outputs. 3) Never connect or disconnect RCA-type cables with the equipment powered on. This can lead to undesirable transients.

Finally, you will perhaps encounter some "cable hype". No cable in the world will improve the sound of a properly working stereo system. Any marketeer or manufacturer who claims their cables will do so is making false claims. A poorly designed cable can degrade the sound, but a good cable will simply not degrade the signal: no additions, no subtractions. I see little chance that cables more expensive than these would offer any advantages, unless it is in the durability or longevity area, and I don't know how a consumer can determine that.

These are excellent cables. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cables, December 27, 2008
I used these cables to extend my surround sound system. They work really good and I've not had any problems with them after several months of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extension cords, November 14, 2009
gante (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I used this cable so that I could place the back surround sound speakers on the opposite wall as the front. Works great for that purposes and no loss in sound quality. Just used cable clips to run it along the baseboard and coiled the unused length out of the way. Looks clean and sounds good.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Cables., December 6, 2010
As the other reviewers have said, there isn't any loss of sound quality and the quality of the cables themselves is very high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cables are great! I recommend anyone to get them!, October 21, 2010
Got the cables packed and ready to install right away!
Very easy to install and those gold tip connectors are great add on. My sound is crisp and now i can use my speakers on the back to complete my 5.1 set up.

I recommend anyone to buy this cable. High quality you can see.

Jerome H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look, sound, materials quality, and construction, October 4, 2012
What's to say? They do their job and they do their job well. Monster is overpriced and I hate it for the most part. These are fantastic in every way and are dirt cheap. Thanks C2G!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, December 25, 2009
This cable works as expected and the construction seems to be of very high quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cable!!, January 5, 2012
These cables work great for setting up my rear surround sound speakers. Other sets I've tried caused loss of sound to the rear speakers after 25 feet of extension (plus the 15 feet from the speaker cable), but these cables transfer the sound perfectly with no noticeable loss. The insulation on these cables is also thick and seems durable. I was easily able to run the cord around the baseboard without worrying about accidentally clipping the wires which I've had happen in the past. I highly recommend these cables! Great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you want to connect a turntable., December 29, 2014
Other than the fact that these didn't work for what I wanted, they seem OK. I imagine they'll probably work fine for a component with a line level output.

5.0 out of 5 stars connected at each end, August 14, 2012
These cables are a dark blue and not black. They work well. They are connected all the way down the length of the cables down to about the last foot, where they separate. At the point at which they separate, they are connected with a rubber block that encompasses the two wires. you could easily cut through this block with a rotary (dremel) tool and then just pull the two wires apart. I left mine fused together.