5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy.
Published on April 19, 2011 by Pat Denoli

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Description is WRONG
This cord/splitter is NOT 16 AWG as advertised, and is NOT 14-inch in length! A cheaper cord will be shipped in place of the advertised unit. The one I received, #29802, is ONLY 18 AWG and is too long: 1.5 feet.

Published 9 months ago by Snave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy., April 19, 2011
Pat Denoli (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C2G / Cables to Go 29802 16 AWG 1-to-2 Power Cord Splitter (1 NEMA 5-15P to 2 NEMA 5-15R) 14-Inch (Electronics)
Not sure something like this really needs a review. For those that are curious, the construction is solid with a heavy insulator and not the light black sleeve that some discount plugs have had. Likewise, the female connectors have nice stiff connector leaves (the metal contact inside the plug) that is a mark of quality to me. The cord is actually a bit long for my needs (I just wanted to split the line), but if you need an extra foot or two of reach - you got it. I suppose that detail would be in the description, I only mention it because the picture looks much shorter than it actually is. Last thing I think you might care about - the junction (where the cords split) is well reinforced and unless you're playing tug-of-war with the thing, I really can't imagine it causing problems. If you are running the cord through an opening (e.g. like a desk) the junction isn't larger than the plugs - so no worries there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to expand exterior outlet .., September 28, 2010
I bought these to add another outlet to my exterior two plug outlet with a protective plastic cover ... it is perfect for my purpose. The wiring is heavy enough to handle anything I'd connect to it. So glad Amazon carries this unit!

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Description is WRONG, April 25, 2014

Good thing I noticed this before putting the cord into use since at heavy loads the cord will get HOTTER than it should and may get too hot, much hotter than expected, and could cause a FIRE!

Fortunately, Amazon has agreed to process a return for this cord promptly, and has promised a full refund. For this reason I gave this review two stars, rather than just ONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, March 3, 2011
I'm using this to plug in two computer monitors into one plug. It's a heavy item and it seems tough. I never knew something like this existed and it's just perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a two headed Greek mythological electricity beast., October 6, 2013
C.B. Stone (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This product doesn't really need a review, but why not.

It's solid, like it looks.

It's two from one.

I actually found it to be useful more than once.

I used this to get my $25 super saver shipping price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great y-cable, July 29, 2012
I bought three of these cables for my DJ business. They are very well constructed and I find it extremely unlikely that they would ever fail. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three headed snake, May 14, 2012
Great product, would strongly recommend. I like better than three way connectors. Easy to use and handle. Great for DC converters for desktop items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and size!, February 17, 2012
I bought a few of these and I was more than happy that they were a lot bigger and a lot thicker than I could tell in the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Power Bricks!, March 10, 2011
I have a NAS and an external hard drive that I have plugged into my UPS. The power bricks are large enough that each covers at least two outlets on the UPS, greatly minimizing the number of devices I can plug into the battery backup. I now plug this cable into the UPS and the NAS and external hard drive into this cable. Voila! I can use all the outlets on my UPS.

I own many cables and adapters made by Cables to Go. Their products are sturdy and very well designed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy cord, October 5, 2014
The description says 10 amp, but the power cord itself says 1,875 watts so there's a little bit of a disconnect with that. Maybe 1,875 watts is the surge rating. I would say, based on the thickness of the cord, that you should have no problem with using this at the full 10 amps. I've had it to that point and the cord did not get warm. The product description says 19 inches long and I would say that is correct. It's a power splitter, not an extension cord. Lastly, for $6 (by the product description), you have a cord capable of carrying 10 amps of power, so if the two devices you plan to plug into it total more than that, you might want to consider a heavier gage cord.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›