5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet TV vieiwing in bed
I bought this cable because my bedroom TV doesn't have a headphone jack, but I do have a cable box hooked up to it. So I will use this to connect the cable box to computer speakers(for amplification) that has a phone out(for my ear buds) so I can watch TV without disturbing the wife.
Published on May 19, 2009 by Katonix

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Gold Plated Contacts
Published on March 8, 2010 by Liv'n After Midnight

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet TV vieiwing in bed, May 19, 2009
This review is from: C2G / Cables to Go 40424 Stereo F/M RCA YCable (6Inch, Black) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars turns your computer speakers into TV speakers!, December 6, 2008
Charlotte (United States) - See all my reviews
I'm so happy that this exists, and even happier that it only costs a few dollars!!! Let's you put simple but adequate computer speakers onto your TV. Great if you want better sound on a budget, or just don't want a huge fancy and EXPENSIVE home theater system, but still appreciate better sound quality.

My new HDTV has horrible speakers (guess they think everyone uses home theaters or something!), and this allows me to use computer speakers that are conveniently small and cheap, yet sound a million times better!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Gold Plated Contacts, March 8, 2010
Currently the image shows the y cable as having gold plated contacts but it actually has the cheaper nickel plating. There was also no description of the plating to make me think otherwise. I contacted Amazon to have the image updated. The thing that bothers me is that I paid extra for this cable because I wanted the gold plate. The cheaper nickel plated cables can be found all over the place and at a lot cheaper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I needed it for!, January 14, 2012
Hooked up computer speakers to my TV and works flawlessly. I just plugged the speaker jack into the female part and the other side into my TV's audio out. Buy this wire if you don't want to pay the extra money for TV speakers when computer speakers can work just as well! Seriously you can't go wrong here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for using headphones with newer model TV's, September 24, 2013
I like to watch TV late at night but everyone in my house is usually asleep so I dont have too many opportunities. The TV in the living room doesn't have a headphone jack so I thought I was screwed until I found this little bundle of joy. Now I can just plug this into the back of my Blu-Ray player and plug my headphones in and watch without disturbing everyone else. Be warned though, there is no volume control here. Even if you increase your TV's volume, the volume in your headphones will not go up. To compensate, I suggest getting a cheap headphone extended from here on Amazon or Ebay, get one that has volume control and that way you can easily increase or decrease the volume levels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as I expected it to, April 28, 2013
This cable was great. It works exactly as I hoped it would. I connected it into the back of my flatscreen TV into the rca Red/White "audio out" plugs so I could then have a headphone plug from my TV. I have hooked up headphones and also the standard headphone jack speakers (typically that plug into PC/desktop computers) and I have the extra sound coming out of those speakers from my TV. Such a simple and cheap solution to my audio needs.
Back to the headphones; that is mainly why I got it. It has made it possible for me to listen to the TV through the headphones but with the TV volume all the way down. Perfect for late night TV watching and gaming !!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, it's simple, it works., March 18, 2013
I have no complaints with this. It is cheap and gets the job done well. Sounds like five-stars to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple product, priced right, works right, April 1, 2011
Not much more to say. Simple product that came in on time, is made of decent quality, and most importantly, works just as expected. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, March 20, 2013
The cable works as expected. No issues with the cable. Sound quality is good with no noise. Connections fit snug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value!, March 11, 2013
This product is a good value. It does the job and is inexpensive. It provides the neccessary high quality sound I needed.

Rate and Discover Movies