4.0 out of 5 stars Good tasting sweet coconut water
I purchased a case of three different brands of coconut water from Amazon to compare; UFC, C2O and Vita Coco. While at Whole Foods I talked to the man who stocked the coconut water section and I learned two things.

Published 12 months ago by Do42

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product but horrible shipping!!!!
First of all, I love C2O coconut water. If I were just rating the drink it would easily earn 5 stars. Purchasing them locally can be somewhat pricey, so I thought I'd turn to amazon to save some cash.

However, the box they came in looks like it was delivered to me by Ace Ventura. Seriously, it looks like it was dropped off of a tall building, and then run over...
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tasting sweet coconut water, August 30, 2013
Do42 (ATLANTA, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C2O Pure Coconut Water, 17.5 Ounce Containers (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

First, he told me when I asked which coconut water tasted best that it depended on the lot. He explained that since coconuts were plants, each harvest was different and that the SAME brand varied in taste depending on the lot. I guess it is kind of like wine.

Second, he said that differnt coconut waters contain different levels of sugar and that I should note the sugar content on the package.

With that additional information in mind, I considered that various lots may be different in taste but the sugar content on the label should remain fairly consistent.

Among the three coconut waters C2O tasted the sweetest but I liked the flavor of UFC best. That's purely a personal opinion. My guess is that most would like C2O best due to it's sweeter taste.

C2O was sweetest, UFC next and Vita Coco least sweet.

I then compared the amount of sugar listed on the label. Although there should be no added sugar, coconut water contains natural sugar. I am listing the sugar per ounce since the sugar is listed on the label as per serving but serving size varies from 8 ounces to 11.1 ounces therefore a grams per ounce measurement gives you an apples to apples comparison.

C2O 1.5g/oz, VitaCoco 1.35g/oz and UFC 1g/oz.

UFC actually tastes sweeter to me than VitaCoco (or rather more flavorful) but has nearly a third less sugar and much less sugar than C2O.

For me the choice is clear, UFC. It has the least amount of sugar and it tastes best since I don't prefer overly sweet drinks but I do like the flavor. I bought the UFC in 1L wax paper containers, C2O in 17.5 oz (530ml) cans and VitaCoco in 11.1 oz. wax paper containers.

All of the coconut waters tasted very good and I don't think that you will be disappointed in either of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tasting coconut water ever!!, August 27, 2012
This product reminds me of the natural coconut. There is no after taste and it is not sweetened artificially. As a swimmer, I highly recommend it for its electrolytes and flavor. It is refreshing and rejuvenating. In my opinion, you cannot get more natural than this brand (no preservatives). I highly recommend it and proudly give it 5 stars. Delivery was quick and no dented cans. Glad to see it is back on sale and under $24 with super saving shipping (big bonus). I am also interested in automated ordering, if possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who cares about the dented cans?, August 8, 2013
C2O is AMAZING!!! what can I say? It is absolutely perfect! With that said, I am very confused on why all of these people are complaining about the dented cans. I can't taste any of the dents at all. Your taste palates must be very keen. Maybe they are using the leftover cans as decoration around the house? Or maybe they are stacking them into a 1:40 scale replica of the Eiffel Tower in their backyard? Personally, I prefer to recycle them the old fashioned way so I don't really care about what they look like. Whatever the reason, stop with the complaining! Because of your complaining, Amazon is no longer stocking them in their warehouse which has caused a 25% to 30% price increase and that is something that is actually worth complaining about. So relax, chill out, drink a C2O and go back to enjoying your life :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite coconut water that's not straight out of the coconut., May 19, 2014
Just as a little background, I lived in South East Asia for five years where vendors would crack a coconut and stick a straw in it for you for 25 cents, and I've drunk a lot of fresh coconut water. Most of the brands of packaged coconut water you see Stateside come from Thailand. C2O Coconut water with pulp is my favorite packaged coconut water because it meets the following criteria. Firstly, it doesn't have any added sugar, and has very low calories in comparison to many other brands. Secondly, I like the chewy little bits of coconut and this one has pulp. Thirdly, it is not from concentrate and therefore has a purer taste. It tastes better to me than the other not-from-concentrate brands of coconut water I've tried. Moreover, despite being in a can, it does not have a canny taste. The can is really a win for me as its portable and gets good and cold, as opposed to many brands of coconut water which are contained in irregularly-shaped cartons that are unwieldy, don't fit in many cup holders, and don't seem to ever get that cold. Finally, the shipping problems with the cans arriving dented seems to have been resolved. I have one case of this coconut water auto-shipped to me monthly as part of the Subscribe and Save program on Amazon. They are packaging the cases better now and I haven't seen any dented cans in my last two cases. Honestly, I favor this coconut water so much more than other brands that I didn't complain even when some of the cans were dented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coconut water!, August 9, 2013
We have tried many different coconut water brands, but most of them either had additive (i.e. sugar), did not taste great, or were too expensive. C2O is the best all around coconut water out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, April 1, 2013
Saw this stuff on Joe Rogan's podcast. Ordered it and was not disappointed- best coconut water I've had so far (although I've only tried a few other brands). Will order more for sure.

A little pricey, but I guess that is par for the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tasting without any preservatives, March 24, 2013
Ive tried other coconut waters and they taste too rancid. I really love this brand. ITs 100% coconut water and no preservatives. The calorie count is 100 for the whole bottle vs 140 cals with other similar brands that add crap to them to make them sweeter. Ive officially become a c20 coco water snob! haha

I stock up at Sprouts though when they are on sale. I can get them for $1-$1.25 a can

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Delicious, July 21, 2014
Out of all the coconut water I have drunk, this has to be the best tasting. This taste so fresh and has just the right amount of pulp. The juice is sweet, but not soda sweet. It actually reminds me of fresh young green coconut I used to buy and crack open. I would definitely purchase this again. Just make sure you chill it first and drink it out of a glass. It did have sort of a metallic taste if you drink it right out of the can but tasted great out of a glass. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the cheapest things in the world, but by far my favorite., July 31, 2014
The Active Geek (Southern California) - See all my reviews
These aren't the cheapest things in the world, but they do...by far...taste the best out of any coconut water I have tried. So much so that I drink a cold one as a nice 'treat' to myself after a tough practice / workout. It really is nice to know that you can enjoy something that's also good for you. :)
The only downside...and I don't see it as enough a downside to dock any stars, is that it's an open can, and can't be re-closed / opened when on-the-go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful coconut water!, May 23, 2013
I use this as a snack when I am very thirsty and want something other than water. Something about coconut water makes me just feel good. Perhaps it is the electrolytes. This particular coconut water has a nice taste with just a slight sweetness--just right and I love the tender pieces of coconut floating in it like a little treat. I've been using this product several months.

You won't go wrong trying this coconut water. It is uplifting!

Rate and Discover Movies