4.0 out of 5 stars Best elevator shoes I've tried
Published 19 months ago by Rijotan

1.0 out of 5 stars poor communication
I requested to return as shoe was too big for me wearing a mens size 8.5. Company just ignored my communication to them to return. Would not ever buy from them again
Published 16 months ago by gene cravotta

4.0 out of 5 stars Best elevator shoes I've tried, May 13, 2013
This review is from: CALDEN - K50658 - 3.2 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator Shoes (Black Dress Boots) (Apparel)
I've tried about 3 other elevator shoes and so far this was the most comfortable and best looking I've had. Now just to clear this up, no high-heeled shoes will ever be as comfortable as flat heeled shoes or sneakers. Every girl who wears high-heels know this but they usually have learned to adapt to it. Now for us guys, a high-heeled boot will be something knew and definitely will not be as comfortable as your flat leather shoes/boots. That's not a fault of the product but just simple physics. First time you wear these boots your heel and ankle will get sore from the elevated angle and if you do a lot of walking, soon the balls of your feet will be sore as well from support majority of your weight. Walking in them will also feel weird and will take some time to get used to. Still, that's not a problem of the shoe, it's just the way that any elevated or high-heeled shoe might feel. Compared to other elevated shoes I've tried this one so far was by far the most comfortable. You might want to get a half size bigger than usual though. As the elevated heel can make the shoe feel somewhat tight. Just as an example, I usually wear size 9 leather shoes and size 10 or 10.5 sneakers. I got a size 10 of these shoes and they fit perfectly.

The shoe is very sturdily built, the leather is thick and very easy to polish. I've tried walking and standing in dozens of puddles in these shoes and not once has my feet got wet. They look beautiful, and I can wear them either with jeans or with a 3-pc suit. One thing that I found as a pleasant surprise is that this shoe is very non-slippery. It's not squeaky sticky like sneakers are, but for some reason they really just don't slip... and I've tried walking on oil slicked surfaces with these. Their grip feels like a Caterpillar workman boots, but with a much nicer exterior. And it's very hard to find formal looking shoes that have a very non slippery grip.

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase. I definitely won't wear it everyday, especially if I'm walking a lot. I don't know how girls do it but I find that there's no way I can take the discomfort of being in heels all day. But for those few formal occasions or those times when my wife wears really high heels, then these shoes are really worth it.

Just to clarify, my wife is 3 inches shorter than me which is fine if she's in modestly heeled shoes. But every now and then she wears 5 inch heels and that's when these boots are invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 23, 2014
They were exactly as presented on the catalog page. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to comfortably add a few inches to their height. By inserting rubberized heel pads, the total height increase became 4". Am now looking for the same shoe with leather soles for dancing.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor communication, August 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a short man, August 21, 2014
Melissa O'Neil (Oakland county MI) - See all my reviews
I am 5'10" and my man is 5'9" this pair of shoes makes a huge difference and seems to give him more confidence at work glad I got these for him

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, September 9, 2014
The shoe fits well and adds a few inches to your height. There was a little bit of uneasiness when walking with it at first, but that went away after I got used to the shoes. I love the shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars the soles are foam., May 22, 2013
I don't expect these to last. I work on my feet and these soles are foam. comfortable enough and ARE true to size. we'll see....

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 3, 2014
the number is very large for me

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, March 27, 2014
This is a great shoe for the money. It fits nicely and looks really good. It's a shoe that you would not do a great deal of walking in but is fantastic for a night out on the town. I have already received compliments on mine. I would purchase them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 26, 2014
very good

5.0 out of 5 stars He says they are very comfortable. I am sure he will continue to buy ..., August 22, 2014
This is the 3rd pair my husband has purchased. The first pair had a faulty zipper which we had to bring to a shoe shop to replace, a little pricey. The subsequent pairs no problem. He says they are very comfortable. I am sure he will continue to buy this same item as he wears them out.