Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CALDEN - K50658 - 3.2 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator Shoes (Black Dress Boots)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 13, 2013
I've tried about 3 other elevator shoes and so far this was the most comfortable and best looking I've had. Now just to clear this up, no high-heeled shoes will ever be as comfortable as flat heeled shoes or sneakers. Every girl who wears high-heels know this but they usually have learned to adapt to it. Now for us guys, a high-heeled boot will be something knew and definitely will not be as comfortable as your flat leather shoes/boots. That's not a fault of the product but just simple physics. First time you wear these boots your heel and ankle will get sore from the elevated angle and if you do a lot of walking, soon the balls of your feet will be sore as well from support majority of your weight. Walking in them will also feel weird and will take some time to get used to. Still, that's not a problem of the shoe, it's just the way that any elevated or high-heeled shoe might feel. Compared to other elevated shoes I've tried this one so far was by far the most comfortable. You might want to get a half size bigger than usual though. As the elevated heel can make the shoe feel somewhat tight. Just as an example, I usually wear size 9 leather shoes and size 10 or 10.5 sneakers. I got a size 10 of these shoes and they fit perfectly.

The shoe is very sturdily built, the leather is thick and very easy to polish. I've tried walking and standing in dozens of puddles in these shoes and not once has my feet got wet. They look beautiful, and I can wear them either with jeans or with a 3-pc suit. One thing that I found as a pleasant surprise is that this shoe is very non-slippery. It's not squeaky sticky like sneakers are, but for some reason they really just don't slip... and I've tried walking on oil slicked surfaces with these. Their grip feels like a Caterpillar workman boots, but with a much nicer exterior. And it's very hard to find formal looking shoes that have a very non slippery grip.

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase. I definitely won't wear it everyday, especially if I'm walking a lot. I don't know how girls do it but I find that there's no way I can take the discomfort of being in heels all day. But for those few formal occasions or those times when my wife wears really high heels, then these shoes are really worth it.

Just to clarify, my wife is 3 inches shorter than me which is fine if she's in modestly heeled shoes. But every now and then she wears 5 inch heels and that's when these boots are invaluable.
on March 23, 2014
They were exactly as presented on the catalog page. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to comfortably add a few inches to their height. By inserting rubberized heel pads, the total height increase became 4". Am now looking for the same shoe with leather soles for dancing.
on August 27, 2015
I am pleased with the look and design. However disappointed with the false description on Amazon. It says leather however the shoe is PU (polyurethane) or synthetic leather and not genuine leather. I don't like the PU because it creases on the instep on first wearing and starts looking old and cheap
on March 12, 2016
Great shoe, they fit a little big. order half a size smaller. I wear white cotton socks, dress socks and I have an extra set of insoles when I wear them. With that the shoe fits. I wear them a atleast 4 hours at a time. my feet never hurt.
on August 21, 2014
I am 5'10" and my man is 5'9" this pair of shoes makes a huge difference and seems to give him more confidence at work glad I got these for him
on January 8, 2016
Yes, you may have sizing issues, as this firm is Chinese. But in terms of bang for the buck, Tallmensshoes is the best online shoe seller. Seriously, real leather shoes for $25 to $50 on sale, plus they are extremely comfortable and discretely make you three inches taller. And they last for several years in my experience. How can anyone complain?
on May 21, 2015
Haven't worn them yet because they're a bit too big, even though they are a half size smaller than my normal shoe size. They look pretty decent on quality but don't know about comfort yet. I'll update if I find a way to wear them
on March 27, 2014
This is a great shoe for the money. It fits nicely and looks really good. It's a shoe that you would not do a great deal of walking in but is fantastic for a night out on the town. I have already received compliments on mine. I would purchase them again.
on September 3, 2015
These are the worst shoes every. The size is not anywhere close to the US Shoe Standard. They are very obvious that you were wearing high heel shoes, its embarrassing. You can't walk 2 feet without feeling uncomfortable.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2015
Fit perfect. I'm 5,5 and I used for going out my wife use high heels and its 5.7 now we look the same high when we going to a parties. Some smell for the plastic but Great recommend give a try.