Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 8, 2012
I really loved this book - so much that I immediately started looking for the other books by this author.

Neither Emily and Quinn are looking for a relationship - Emily because she has had several bad experiences that convinced her she would never have a successful relationship, and Quinn because he was living a fast life, and didn't think he was ready to fall in love. They have an immediate connection, although Emily's nerves make it hard for her to allow anything to happen.

Emily helps Quinn, Quinn helps Emily. It's a great story, left me wanting more. Can't wait for the story of Lynn and Paul, along with any other books by this author.

Sex - just one, very sensual.
I remember no editing errors.

All around, a great, easy read.
I received a complimentary copy to review, and I am happy to heartily recommend it.
on April 30, 2012
California man was AMAZING!!

Quinn Ramsay is a sexy, and confident man that is on the Island of Salt springs... on vacation from his fast paced life to make a decision to either sale is company Action Sports or not.On this island he meets a women named Emily.Emily is the typical shy girl that doesn't know she's beautiful and doesn't know her real worth because she's had bad experiences with guys in the past(Who were JERKS)But as soon as their eyes meet there is an instant attraction.

The Author does a great job of developing these character and their relationships and she makes you fall in love with both Quinn and Emily.Along the way we also fall in love with Emily's friend Grace,Lynn. and Lynn's son James.

Pros:No errors,well written,easy read,great humor,and it's based on a beautiful Island LOL what's not to like?
Cons: It had to end,but I look forward to Paul's Story and anything else this author publishes.

Hats off to EC Sheedy for writing such a great story
on March 29, 2012
For those of us who love to escape our busy lives for a little bit, this piece of light reading is perfect. An easy read, this story was a lovely combination of innocent and dirty delights. The narration splits between our two protagonists which can sometimes happen in the middle of a scene without warning, but if you can keep up with it the insight into each character is a nice addition to the story. Also, the author allows for some potential follow-up/spin-off for those readers who don't want the story to end or love following a story and its characters past one book.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
on January 26, 2013
and boy did it surprise me! I ended up reading the book in two days. You see, I haven't recently read a lot of romance novels, but, recently, I published a novel on Kindle that Amazon classified (in part) as a romance, so I figured: I will catch up on my romance reading. I downloaded perhaps a dozen samples. Couldn't get into them.

And then...I met Emily Welland, a beautiful, able, more-or-less contented young woman on a tiny resort island off Vancouver who has been sexually traumatized as a teenager and is terrified of men... and Quinn Ramsey from Malibu, CEO of Action Sports, dynamic, and, above all, a man with devastatingly good looks and the body of an Olympic athlete who comes to the island for a good "think" about whether there will be a life after he sells his business...

Well, I thought, I understand the premise. Okay, show me. And then they meet and in the most subtle, convincing way a fuse is lit that burns through the story building suspense, the fire of a relationship, the white-hot conflicts that stand in the way of that relationship... and this reader was flipping the pages and silently praying for this coming explosion in bed. And boy, it doesn't disappoint. When the bomb of kindling desire, postponement, frustration, and doubt goes off it is one beautiful fireworks display that explodes like--well, their orgasms, their joy, and Emily's pent passion, and Quinn's discovery of what sex is like when you LOVE.

Okay, that is the love story, but this romance has interwoven plots that ALL build at the same time in beautiful harmony: Emily's first play about to be produced by the island summer theater; Quinn's coaching of a developmentally delayed but wonderfully athletic and passionate young man who enters a race; Quinn's final decision about what that life after he sells Action Sports will be (and it's a great, great answer); a sizzlingly beautiful and manipulatively treacherous Italian actress who is pursuing Quinn against his desires...and, of course, the decision:

Quinn and Emily face the question: can the bomb-intensity sexual chemistry between them ever blow open the steel door between their worlds: her quiet island existence with her book store, her writing, her Rhodesian Ridgeback, and her girl friends...and her demons of insecurity...and his life in Hollywood and jet planes worldwide and Hollywood producer friends, and social pressures... In addressing this, the book, "The California Man," becomes intensely real, deeply perceptive, full of agonizing suspense and drama, and a very serious read...

You don't get many endings to romances that bring together so many engaging plots and subplots and so much weight of of the heart's lonely search for what it really wants...and dares to do...

I started off wondering if I would finish this book, I finished it wondering when I would ever find one as good.
on September 24, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this gorgeous romance and couldn't put it down. The characters sucked me right in, and I loved them, even the secondary characters - so much so that I'd like to read stories about those supporting characters. Emily and Quinn's friends added not only depth and believability, but more interest to the story.
Emily might not appeal to those who want heroines who are cocky and self-assured, but I found much to like about her and to identify with, as she is just a normal young woman whose bad experiences have turned into insecurities. Quinn is gallant and adorable and easy to fall head over heels for. The novel is well written, characters and plot nicely developed, and the setting is lovely. I will definitely look for more of EC Sheedy's work.
on July 29, 2014
I don't get what all the shyness stemmed from that we suffered through with the heroine, we learn she has a loving close knit family and without giving away the so-called reason for her anxiety attacks and extreme shyness, she just comes across as very wimpy and self centered. I am also more than a little tired of all the constant drooling over drop dead gorgeous men that the heroines seem to be doing in some of the books I read. There is nothing wrong with being attracted to a good looking person, it makes for good bait, but it takes a lot more than that to be worthy of a keeper and call it true love.
on July 28, 2014
Major Let down. I was waiting to hear whst specific trauma the heroine hsd gone through that contributed to her shyness. Can I tell you that the reason was baffling. I am puzzled. She was so negative it was tiring. Did not finish
on May 27, 2013
I thought this was a great book for a lazy Sunday. It only took me a few hours to get through it because I could not put it down. I am always a fan of books that show a man putting forth effort to win the heart of a woman. I think all us women can relate to the feeling of insecurity and panic that she feels in this book. I downloaded this book because it was on the free list... after I was done I went and paid for the next book.
on December 24, 2012
I got this book for free but couldn't force myself to read more than a couple chapters. I found the main character to be extremely annoying/tiresome in how shy and insipid she was. At first, I thought she must have gone through some extremely traumatic event to make her so scared of other people but when an explanation finally came, it just sounded too trite for me. I prefer strong female characters...whether in reading fiction or as friends in real life! If you're the same way, don't bother wasting your time with this one!
on August 4, 2015
I assume you've read the general description of the storyline... He's a rich, motivated, athletic, business man who spends more time traveling than at home. She's a shy, intelligent, bookstore owner/play write, who lives on a tiny island. It's a sweet story of love and discovery. It's well written and well edited. There are more stories in this series but don't worry about being left on a cliffhanger. You can stop here if you want but don't be surprised if you are anxious to find out what happens in the lives of some of the characters. I won't be going on to the next because the books are sexually explicit (I didn't know that when I purchased it). It really is a heartwarming story and if sexual content (explicit but not crude) isn't a line you would rather not cross and you enjoy modern chivalry and love worth fighting for, than this book is for you.