This practice test book is the perfect preparation tool for California’s STAR English Language Arts est. It has full coverage of the reading, writing, and revising sections of the state test.
It contains 6 reading mini-tests to ease students into test preparation and help students develop the reading comprehension skills they will need for the state test.
It includes 6 focused vocabulary quizzes that cover all the vocabulary skills that are assessed on the state test.
It includes 6 writing skills quizzes that cover the writing and revising skills that are assessed on the state test.
The final section has a complete full-length STAR English Language Arts test just like the real state test.
There is no better way to prepare for the state test than to take it!
- Build confidence by using the tests to improve student performance
- Use the mini-tests and quizzes to prepare students for the different sections of the state test
- Reduce text anxiety by allowing the student to practice taking the state test
- Find out what score a student is likely to get before they take the real test
- Use the tests in revision so students develop the skills to complete all types of reading, writing, and revising tasks
- Use the full answer key and skills list to identify exactly what skills the student is missing
- Use the included teaching notes to ensure that students have a full understanding of the key reading skills that California students need
It's all new and updated for California’s 2011-2012 STAR English Language Arts test!