5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this so much, I came to Amazon to brag.
I'll start by saying that I didnt buy it from Amazon. I bought it at a discount wholesaler. Didnt expect much. It came with 4 adhesive mounts. Waterproof case and remote.

All 4 of my boys put a mount on their helmets. They fight over who gets to wear it next.

Published 3 months ago by Dad of 4

2.0 out of 5 stars GREAT camera.
Got mine on WOOT for $55.00 ($50.00 plus $5.00 shipping). GREAT camera....really great...BUT......impact with the ground broke the screen on the back...no image now but a broken screen. The camera still works and I can download videos/stills to the computer. I called NABI support...they told me they do not have a repair department because the camera is so new. The do...
Published 21 days ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this so much, I came to Amazon to brag., June 20, 2014
This review is from: Fuhu CAMERA2-06-SU13 Nabi Square HD Video Camera with 1.5-Inch LCD (Red) (Electronics)

The video is OUTSTANDING. We had 2 Contour cameras in the past and this little red camera put them to shame. Nice wide (not distorted) video shots. Great colors. Decent mic. Fantastic for kids. They have taken it under water. Mounted it to the dash of the car.

Since the place I bought it from doesnt accept reviews, and there were little to no reviews before I bought it. I came here to place a review. You can view my other Amazon reviews to see Im not a "reviewer" for a living.

Really GREAT camera for the price. I paid much less then the price above.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's included (more than you pay for!), July 29, 2014
My roommates and I have always wanted to have an action camcorder to play with, so when the deal came about on Woot I took the risk on the Nabi. There wasn't too much information out there before, though after that sale you can find plenty of reviews.

What I wondered most before buying was what came in the box...there's quite a bit:

--Nabi Square HD Camera
Essentially, cheap GoPro (for kids...sorta). The specs are on par with some GoPros. I think the GoPro has a more advanced lens; this one is sort of fish-eyed to give a massively wide angle for pictures. It's not as dramatic for video, but still good. There is a "VOX" mode that will start recording if the mic pics up more than 68dB of sound when turned on. There's a small LED screen on the top to give basic information. There's even a little rubber lens cap. The camera body is the same size as all but the newest GoPro, millimeter for millimeter.
--TFT Display
This is sort of interesting...essentially, the back of the camera, with the display and back buttons, comes off. You can use the camera without it, if, for some reason, you wanted to. I'm not sure why it was designed this way; there's really no functionality behind it. You can't access the battery compartment with the TFT screen attached. The display can be used to review pics and videos, delete them, alter settings, etc. Very similar to my digital camera, though a bit less intuitive and more basic.
--Remote
The remote has buttons to start recording, stop recording, and take a picture. The camera is capable of a standby mode (which is useful, since you can't turn it off in the waterproof case), and using the remote will wake it. There's also a holster that you can use to clip the remote to something, and some velcro stickers if you want to stick it to something.
--Waterproof case
Tried it out, works no problems. Nearly identical to the GoPro version. Has a standard tripod mount, hole for a strap to attach to, buttons for video and photo. Mine has taken a few smaller drops without issue.
--Variety of mounts.
The camera and waterproof case have standard camera tripod screw-in mount spots on the bottoms, with small holes around them to lock the angle in place. Included mounting accessories:
--A sort of seat for the bare camera with a tripod mounting screw and the standard GoPro mounting mechanism on the bottom. This particular accessory doesn't seem useful to me.
--A bare bones tripod mounting screw attached to the standard GoPro mounting mechanism. You could use this for the bare camera or the waterproof case; thus, not sure the point of the seat-like mount for the bare camera.
--A clip that will attach to the GoPro mounting mechanism, and then into the sticky mounts included.
--Four sticky mounts; two gently curved for a helmet or boat or something, two perfectly flat for a board and whatnot.
--Two GoPro mounting mechanism bolts. One has a device to secure the clips that go into the sticky mounts, one has a small leash to secure it to anything else.
--A handful of spare parts. Tripod mount bolt, o-ring, sticky mount replacement sticky.
--Charging cable, AV cable, USB transfer cable.
--Battery.
--4GB micro-SD card (full-SD card adapter isn't included).
--Carry pouch
This is very basic...it's a totally flat, maybe 6" wide and 10" tall, canvas like material. It has a front and back pocket with a velcro closure on top. It doesn't really seem like it's made for this product, just a generic cheap bag they found to throw in. I've used it for the camera with the waterproof case on it, and you can tuck the remote and probably a mount or two in the front pocket or around it. It's something, I suppose.

As you can see, you get quite a good set for your dollar, even if you didn't catch the stellar deal on Woot. All of this comes in a rather fancy packaging that is sure to keep you busy for a solid 20 minutes opening.

Here are my thoughts so far, from my experiments:

I like the all-inclusive feel. I did buy a GoPro arm (around $20), 32GB micro-SD card (also around $20; I believe 32GB is the biggest the camera will use), and a simple flotation device (about $5) to complement what's included, and I feel like I have everything I'll personally need.

The included 4GB card can hold around 30 minutes of video on the highest definition, from my one experiment filling it up. The video looked great; I mounted the camera to the pole and aimed it towards our volleyball court. Got some cool shots. The color was good, light was good. Sound isn't great, but I had the waterproof case on (I imagine I'll leave it on most of the time and not worry about sound? The sound quality is OK w/o the case on).

The battery seems ok. I've run it dry twice now. I'd say it took around 45 minutes of video, a few dozen pictures, me looking through the menus and previewing photos/videos for quite a while, and a few nights of standby mode to kill it the first time. The second go around I took maybe 3 minutes of video at one event and took quite a bit of video and photos during a 3-hour hike; it died right after a couple more pictures at the top, in the cold. I'm not sure how this compares to a GoPro or other brands. I was pretty disappointed that it died in the middle of my hike.

Pictures are super wide-angle, bigger than what you see on the TFT display; you can take a "selfie" with a friend with the camera about 6" in front of your faces. It is a "fish-eye" lens though; the image will sort of look spread-out on the edges. Originally it seemed like many of my photos were sort of washed out, that too much light was being captured, but once you bring them onto your computer and see them full size it tends to be pretty good lighting. You aren't getting professional quality photo or video, but I think most people will be pretty happy.

Unfortunately, action pictures are more or less out of the question. There's a long delay between photo button press and the photo being taken. I took pictures of a stopwatch using continuous shot mode and found that pictures take almost exactly 2 seconds. Different SD cards didn't improve this time. The triple shot feature takes pictures 0.75 seconds apart, but the Nabi overall simply doesn't take fast pictures. Nearly any movement in the picture is blurred (I can't even get a decent shot of a campfire). This was a major bummer for me.

I'm glad the camera has a standby mode, since you can't get to the power switch with the waterproof case on (only the photo and record buttons are available). Note on using this feature: pressing any button will first wake the camera, and only then can you take photo or video...in other words, you can't just click the photo button on the remote when the camera is in standby and have it take a picture once it's awake. I did notice I could just hold the record button down and it would start recording if I was still holding once it was awake.

Small note of good news: videos produced are in .mov format, and you can easily use GoPro Studio, which is free, to make some pretty cool edited videos. Lots of great ways to clean up your shots, adjust speed (the Nabi does have a 60fps 720p mode to make slow-mo significantly better), etc. I am having an issue with getting the native audio of the video in the edits (this is apparently common even for GoPro users), but as I mentioned, I'm not going to use the audio too often.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied. Typically I believe in getting what you pay for, but with all the accessories and rather good (though perhaps not exceptional) quality of the camera itself, I think the Nabi breaks that rule. 5-stars for an exceptional product for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid action cam, especially for the price!, September 12, 2014
Like some of the other reviews, I got a great deal on the Nabi through Woot (~$60). I highly recommend this product at that price. While this camera is designed for kids, I've really enjoyed using it so far. In addition to getting everything you need to get started (camera, 4GB card, battery, charger, manual, software, etc), the box contains a ton of accessories - multiple mounts, A/V cables, lanyards, storage bag, waterproof housing, and a remote.

I've had the Nabi for about a month now, and oddly enough, I've yet to recharge it. Yup, the battery has lasted that long. Granted I've not been recording day and night, but I've recorded quite a bit (not sure exactly how much), so I'm pretty pleased with the battery life. 1080p mode is nice, but I prefer 720p (@ 60fps is good for slow motion). The camera will also take still shots, but I've yet to use this feature. Obviously, playback quality using A/V is lacking, so get a cheap mini-HDMI cable on Amazon to use with this camera - excellent upgrade. I've also added a head strap mount and handlebar mount, both of which are designed for GoPro cameras but are completely compatible with the Nabi. From what I understand, the GoPro mounts/accessories are all compatible with the Nabi, another plus.

The only real issue I have with the Nabi is the audio quality. Granted, I had low expectations when I bought it, but if you are looking for an action cam with at least decent audio quality, you're not going to find it here. Even with the housing off, the mic picks up very little audio. Not a deal breaker for me (quality video is what I wanted), but a little bit disappointing which is ultimately why I didn't give it 5 stars. Either way, this camera is a great deal, especially if you don't need sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my camera yesterday and quite satisfied with it, September 10, 2014
Got my camera yesterday and quite satisfied with it. Before buying it, I was concerned about what came in the box, because there's no much information in detail (even in the nabi.com page) but at the end you will receive:

--Nabi Square HD Camera (175° Angle, F2.8 Lens, 8 MP supports up to 1080P HD video recordin)
--TFT Display (can be removed)
--Remote (works up to 15mts) - comes with a clip that can be attached to it.
--Waterproof case ( 6o mts)
--Variety of mounts.
--4 sticky mounts; two gently curved for a helmet or boat or something, two perfectly flat for a board and whatnot.
--2 GoPro mounting mechanism bolts
--Some spare parts
-- A Charging cable, AV cable, USB transfer cable.
-- Battery.(it says that duration on video mode is up to 2.5 hours.)
-- Micro-SD card.(4 GB)
-- and a Carry pouch

Testing the camera-

I agree with other reviewers, that there's a long delay between photo button press and the photo being taken. Even the triple shot feature takes pictures quite apart, but Im aware that it wasn't made for that.

Another thing I was concerned was about low-light pictures. I made some tests in the living room that is lighted up slightly with just a reading lamp and I was surprised with the result.

I was looking for an action camera that was water and shock proof, and as many other persons I didn't have the money to spend on a GoPro, so I really think the Nabi Square HD satisfies my needs.

- Conclusion

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... used the GoPro Hero 2 before and this is pretty close in quality, September 18, 2014
I've used the GoPro Hero 2 before and this is pretty close in quality. Build feels good and the LCD screen is a great feature not so much for being able to see where you are pointed but for having a menu of settings that's easy to navigate. I like to be able to pick up things after months of not using them and still know how to operate them. This is one of those items.
The waterproof housing looks almost identical to the GoPro housing. It's probably a little bigger because of the addition of the LCD screen. Still, it looks like it will handle water with no problem. It also came with a 4gb micro SD so I could get started right away. Having the wireless remote is also awesome.
I didn't get the $50 deal but at less than $100, it's still a great deal. I was a little suprised (pleasantly) at the amount of accessories included with the camera. I have more mounts than I know what to do with at this point (except for the suction cup mount which is the one I'd really use.)
I'll be using this for mostly outdoor shooting on a monopod with a Zoom H2N microphone. I'm also excited to use it for time lapse. It appears it can be set for intervals between 2 and 30 seconds.
Overall, this is a great buy. I don't use video enough to justify a more expensive purchase but for this amount of money, it is very much worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT just for kids, August 18, 2014
Literally cannot stop playing with this camera! The photos alone are worth the price of the camera and the beautiful, crisp, smooth video is just a giant bonus. I have only used the camera about 10 hours but it's gotten wet, dusty, hot in the sun and bounced all around during a festival....and I think it's begging for more. The video and photos in outdoor lighting are freakin' awesome. If you decide you want to take photos in low light, make sure you use a tripod or set the camera down. I was actually impressed at how the camera will adjust the.. "shutter?" for low light, like one would do on a DSLR.

Tip: Make sure to upgrade your Micro SD card to 16GB or more and make sure to use class 10 or higher for smooth video.

A couple of things I wish it had:
On/off switch accessible while in the case
Web page that had purchasable accessories (some will break and I'll need more)
Option to use the case w/o the lcd connected to help conserve the battery

Cons:
Very poor mic performance while in the case
Very dominant scratchy noise heard during playback while recording video in case
poor low-light camera performance w/o tripod
white balance can be off every once in a while and phots will show very orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome video camera, August 11, 2014
This little camera is amazing. My 6 year old (I know the package says 13+) loves to mount this on his RC truck and shoot video using the included remote. The waterproof case is perfect for fun in the pool. He also has a mount on his helmet, and mounts the remote on his handlebars to control it. The only reason it's not a 5-star review is the photo quality. Sure, it takes 1080p video and 8MP photos, but my kid is frustrated at the delay in pushing the photo button and the actual picture being taken. 5-star video camera, 3-star photo camera, averages to 4-stars.
If you want something for your active and creative child, this is the thing to get. I don't know how it compares to the GoPro, but you can't argue with the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, September 12, 2014
Skibum (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Love it. Got it on Woot for $50. Clear kayaking and hiking video and stills. Grainy at night (haven't played with all the settings yet). Looking forward to using it this ski season. Oh, and great customer service response to questions on their Facebook site. Once I know I can get a helmet attachment and a chest one as well, I'll buy one for my ski school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got it yesterday and looks awesome so far, July 23, 2014
Just got it yesterday and looks awesome so far. To me the quality has to be near that of a go pro, although I admit I've never toyed with a go pro. Regardless, this is much more than I expected when I bought it. I would easily reccomend if you can get it for a decent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Gear Pro/Go Pro cameras!, September 18, 2014
Much easier to use than Gear Pro AND Go Pro. Has a screen on the back to view what you are taking pics/videos of AND easy playback. Takes clear pictures. Don't have to wait to view pics at home like you do with Gear Pro and Go Pro cameras. This also costed much less that other Pro cameras.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›