5.0 out of 5 stars CAP Kettlebell
Published on October 22, 2010 by Robert E. Matysiak

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken handle
I've used the kettlebell for a number of months now without ever dropping it, but the first time I dropped it (from chest high onto a mat), the handle shattered into multiple pieces. They are supposed to be much sturdier than that.
Published 17 months ago by Dave R.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAP Kettlebell, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
I looked around at the local sporting good stores for the right kettlebell to purchase, so I would have a resistance option at home in between my infrequent visits to the gym. I eventually decided to go with the CAP 35 pounder because from reviews, I had built up a preference for the smoother bells over the rougher ones. The CAP kettlebell is very smooth and the handle is very comfortable to hold. There are no rough edges or burrs to cut up your hands as you do the various movements. Most experts indicated that you would normally start at a weight of 35 pounds for a man...however, I'm not the man I thought I was because I probably would have been better off with a lighter weight...being an out of shape 62 year-old. However, that's not the fault of the product. I am very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone that prefers smooth over rough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Well Shaped Kettlebell., March 25, 2011
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
Free Shipping and low price compared to local Sporting Good stores is what prompted me to give this company a try - I am not disappointed. It's a solid bell, the weight is right, and it's got a good curve on the handle. Definitely more comfortable to hold than the GoFit gear you find at Target and other stores. Like other reviewers mentioned, there isn't a vinyl coating on this bell. It's painted black.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it was sent with a pea sized chip in the paint down to the iron on the handle. It was rusted a bit so I know it happened long before it was shipped. It won't effect the weight or effectiveness but it could have been touched up before the company sent it out.

Remember, this is a heavy bell for a beginner - unless you're in decent shape already go with a lighter weight to start with. Get your technique down and get trained before you swing this much weight because it's easy to injure your back or knees without proper form. I started with a 15 lb after a shoulder surgery to help build strength and range of motion AFTER I completed my physical therapy. It took me about 3 months to outgrow that weight. As far as my shoulder goes, it's helped tremendously, and increased my strength, stamina and fat seemed to melt off of my body. It's a fun and efficient way to train.

5.0 out of 5 stars These bells are a great value!! CAP Kettlebell Review, March 12, 2012
Length:: 0:37 Mins

Update June 2012 - I am now using Dragondoor brand kettlebells because now that I have moved to 40+ pounds, the e*coat on DD bells is much easier to handle and I get less blisters(without chalk). Yes, DD's are also twice as expensive, but at this point in my training, they are worth the cost to me. However, I also still stand behind this review and I still think Cap Barbell Kettlebell is a good 5 star product.
******************************************************************

These kettlebells by CAP Barbell are likely the best value that can be found online!

First off, the intermediate sizes have thicker handles which are more comfortable overall, but the quality on every CAP Kettlebell I have purchased so far has been TOP GRADE. The finish is consistently smooth and the handles and shape are very close to perfect. Not much to a kettlebell besides quality control and value; this product is great in both categories.

There are complaints about receiving kettlebells with chipping and after owning this brand, as well as travelling with a pair a few times, there are chips so I can understand how that could occur with a damaged shipping box. Yes, the painted coating will chip and/or scratch against anything harder than painted coating. Another reviewer's tip for using tape around the bodies worked great for me and I have decided to leave it on; I chose gaffer's tape.

Another complaint is actually the handle being too smooth. I suppose this is a case of "too each his own" though because, clearly, not everyone shares this complaint and in reviews of other brands, the complaint of handles being too rough comes up just as often. In any event, sandpaper will roughen up the handles for anyone who wants that. (edit: June 2012 - Now that I am using heavier weights with sweatier hands, I understand this complaint better.)

I am not a big man so I chose to start off with a 15 pound kettlebell in April 2011 and honestly, that first choice was made by my wallet, as much as my sense of what would work for me. Perhaps this is also why I didn't quit after 1-2 weeks and not quitting was a good thing so I started buying more right away and once the snowball effect took hold, I was committed to this fitness tool.

The bottom line for me is that less than a year later, I am much stronger, have lost more than 1/8 my total bodyweight and am still making great progress towards my fitness goals. Before kettlebells, none of this was happening. 3 more excellent benefits are that I can do this in my bedroom, the movements require minimal time to know I am woking hard and I save time, money and frustration compared to working out at a gym.
*I will post more about my own experience in the comments of this review.*

As far as price is concerned, I have asked Amazon to match prices before and they responded very quickly so if you know what you want, you only *need* 1 kettlebell to start and you cannot go wrong buying on this page. However, be aware that Amazon does NOT offer either "CAP Kettlebell Value Bundle" (beginner set of 10-15-20 or intermediate set of 20-25-30) and both can be found from a major online competitor; so use internet search wisely and find the best value.

If you have any concerns about which size to purchase, the best suggestion I have read is to go to a few stores and pick some up. Don't try to learn how to swing it in the aisle at Walmart while watching a youtube on your phone, but definitely try to carry it across the store and back to see how that feels.

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality kettlebell - right in the details, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
Ordered this for my wife after reading "4-hour body" by Timothy Ferriss and doing kettlebell swings myself.

So, it's an iron bowling ball with a handle - what could be good or bad about it?

Quality - it's very nicely finished - no casting seams, like some of the cheap plastic ones, which could be rough on your hands, especially if doing kettlebell swings. High quality paint job.

Handle - nice size handle for this size kettlebell. Easy to swing with two hands, and most fingers in the handle.

Base - easy to rest on the ground in the upright position. The base is big enough to it's easy to set down.

PRICE - excellent price, about HALF of what you'd pay at the local big-box sporting goods retailer. If you are an Amazon Prime customer, with FREE regular shipping, this is a sweet deal!

Nit to pick - I ordered it, and watched it ship out of the Dallas warehouse and then say "package damaged" at the Dallas UPS facility. I guess I was expecting Amazon or UPS to communicate and say, hey, ship another one. That didn't happen. But as soon as I got Amazon customer service on IM, they took care of it, expedited me the replacement one. So it ended well.

BOTTOM LINE - I will probably order the 55 lb (or nearest) one for myself, as well. It's a great deal on a solid piece of gear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettlebell for the price point, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
I have various bells, Ader, Perform Better and Muscle Driver. All of these bells are solid and good, but not the price point as CAP and free shipping to boot. If you are just getting into kettlebell workouts this is a good kb to start out with. Solid, smooth and easy to work with. I ordered this kettlebell on Friday and received it Monday, quick shipping. Again, great for the price and free shipping too, it can not be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design, reasonable price., October 22, 2012
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
Most value for money in the kettlebells market. Not sexy but gets the job done. Nice smooth finish keeps hands for getting torn up. Funny watching UPS guy deliver it to my front door cursing and sweating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
This is a great little Barbell. I say "little" because is looks bigger online than actual size. I like that the surface is completely wipeable and easy to clean. I was trying to determine if I should get the 25lb or the next size up as I am a woman and the reviews seemed to be slanted toward the smaller size, but if you are in good shape and are used to working out - go for the 35lb!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
no plastic coating as shown, but well cast and ground smooth. not sand shaking in a plastic container. solid metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your New Fifty Pounds, June 17, 2011
Russell G. Moore (North Ridgeville, OH) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
Fifty pounds is fifty pounds, right? You're buying fifty pounds. Well, here's why this is the finest fifty pounds you can buy.

The free shipping from Amazon makes this a no-brainer. I've seen this exact kettlebell on other sites at a similar price but with shipping charges that more than double the cost.

The finish is incredibly durable. The box this arrived in was little more than a few shreds of pulp with a scrap of tape. I expected the bell to be battered and scuffed. Not so. It slipped out of the shredded box with nary a scratch. Your fifty pounds will look good for years to come.

Big fat handle. It has plenty of meat on the handle to swing your fifty pounds with gusto without fear of sending it through a window.

It weighs in on my digital scale at 49.8, but it feels like a full fifty when I swing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHUT UP!!!, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Cap Barbell Kettlebell (Sports)
first of all, its a kettlebell, not a kettleball.

Second, I cant believe that people expect this to be packed and shipped like a 1000$ crystal vase. Its a kettlebell - Who cares if it shows up chipped. If youre using it like theyre meant to be used you should be struggling on the last rep, dropping the bell on the concrete, and vomiting from exhaustion.

as for the kettlebells. Theyre fantastic and are a great value.

gently picking up a 12lb kettlebell off the floor and setting it back down isnt exercise.

Cap Barbell Kettlebell