5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners with signature Petra style
As my title says, this DVD is great for beginners because the choreography is not difficult, and, as always, Petra Kolber is an inspiration.

The DVD has 4 cardio segments:
1. 10 minute sport routine
2. 10 minute cardio dance routine
3. 20 minute sport routine
4. 20 minute cardio dance routine
5. 5 minute stretching segment...
Published on March 23, 2009 by Tchik182

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great
Published on May 21, 2009 by Delighted

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners with signature Petra style, March 23, 2009
Tchik182 (Gainesville, FL) - See all my reviews

The DVD has 4 cardio segments:
1. 10 minute sport routine
2. 10 minute cardio dance routine
3. 20 minute sport routine
4. 20 minute cardio dance routine
5. 5 minute stretching segment.

The sport routines consists of hamstring curls, step touches, and other easy moves. The dance routines have more fun choreography. The different length segments are great if you're short on time or you are a beginning excerciser and don't have the stamina for longer workout routines.

Miscellaneous information about the DVD:
1. The music is catchy and up beat.
2. The set is not the best...but who works out for the set?
3. One annoying thing is that there is no option to play all of the segments. If you want to play all 5 segments, you have to go to the menu and click on every segment.

About the instructor:
Petra Kolber is full of energy and is encouraging without being annoying. I'm an intermediate to advanced excerciser and I bought this DVD strictly because I'm a huge fan of Petra Kolber. If you're an intermediate to advanced excercisor, I would recommend Petra's 3-2-1 Dance, as you might get a tad bored with the Cardio for Beginners DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for real beginners, April 8, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
This dvd, cardio for beginners is wonderful. I have no idea of how to do cardio. For one, I have no rythem what so ever but Petra makes is so easy, the only drawback I have is she doesn't show the steps first before doing them. You can pick it up really easy though. I love this dvd, have been doing it every day since I purchesed it three weeks ago. I recommend it to the extreme beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT work out, January 23, 2010
Meme "Meme" (Flyover Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
I'm the lasiest person ever, who hates--did I say HATE?!--to exercise, yet, I loved this DVD. And believe me, I'm not the most coordinated person and it worked for me. OK, you have to pay more attention, but it is not as difficult as some reviewers want you to believe. It's short and sweet and Mrs/Miss Kolber has a nice personality, that makes you enjoy working out--even I who HATE to exercise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome if you are bored with the same old same old, July 12, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
I thought that this dvd was AWESOME. I had so much fun and for the first time doing it, I did all four. If you are at all familiar with aerobic steps, you will totally do fine. The dance combos build on one another, so by the end of the 20 minute ones you are doing a routine that is about two minutes. I really enjoyed it and also appreciated the first ten minute segments. They give you an idea of what to expect in the 20 minute routines. It is easy enough but I did build up a great stinky sweat (ha ha). Also, please note that this is coming from a woman who honestly needs to lose about 75 pounds. I do walk about a mile and a half a day but knew I needed to get my butt in gear. I was sick of cardio machines and thought I LOVE TO DANCE, LET"S DO IT PETRA!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun and gets the heart pumping, March 25, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
I recently got this video and really like it! I'm really not a beginner, but thought this video would be a good one for my library and give me something different to do...as we get tired of doing the same routines over and over again. The steps are easy and varies from my other DVD's...and I love the energy...gets me going too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, May 21, 2009
Delighted (Newport News, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
I had recorded a session off Fit TV with Petra Kolber and really loved her energy and enthusiasm, and the session I recorded had GREAT music. This DVD is good, but is truly for beginners. If you're just starting to exercise, you will probably like this a lot because she tells you everything she's going to do before she does it, which makes it really easy to follow from the get-go. I've been exercising to walk or dance DVD's for years and it was just a little too simple for me, with very routine steps that I've done a million times, plus the music was just so-so. I still love Petra though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-start Cardio for Couch Potatoes, October 6, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
Actually learned of this DVD from an article in a women's magazine and decided to check it out on Amazon. I'm so glad I did.
My exercise record is spotty, at best, so I'm very grateful for the sensible approach taken by "Cardio for Beginners." In addition to the longer programs offered, it also has two 10-minute routines.
These shorter sessions helped me build my stamina to where I can exercise for longer periods of time.
Other cardio DVDs didn't work for me because they required much more stamina and strength than I had. I would become discouraged and just stop trying.
Thanks to the common sense approach of "Cardio for Beginners", I am now getting a workout that will do me some good.
This is the best cardiovascular program I've seen so far and I have no hesitation in recommending it, not just for heart patients, but for those sensible people to want to prevent becoming that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, July 22, 2013
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
A quick background so anyone out there in a similar situation can relate... I just quit a sit-in-a-chair-all-day job and I am absolutely out of shape. I used to enjoy dancing so I bought a couple of dance exercise videos, feeling really motivated and excited. Unfortunately, I am so very out of shape that I can't do the videos. I can't keep up with them and my body can't accomplish the moves... disheartening.

After some research, I found clips of Petra's videos for beginners and thought, hey, they're for beginners, right? I ordered them from Amazon and while waiting for them to arrive, I watched the full versions in my online video library (from my couch, mind you). I was again disheartened when I saw how fast she was going and how agile the moves looked. I thought oh no, I won't be able to do this one either! I got them in the mail and reluctantly put the Cardio for Beginners on, ready to fail once again.... but I didn't fail!! My first workout was the 10 minute athletic cardio and while it was a challenge to keep up, it wasn't impossible. The whole 10 minutes was a build up to a routine and by the end of it, I surprised myself by actually doing it right! Even more surprising, I was just getting into it and then suddenly it was done.... and I was ready to keep on going. That's great news because now I know I can reach 20 minutes, 30 minutes, and eventually an hour.

I like Petra as an instructor. She's energetic but not over the top, and not in an annoying way. She seems to truly enjoy exercise and is in touch with her body. I read about her online and found out that she is a cancer survivor and a motivational speaker. She's also pretty well educated in fitness and exercise. In addition, she and her two assistants look like normal women, are dressed in regular fitness gear, and don't make you feel like crap about yourself.

Another very cool thing worth mentioning is the menu options on the DVD... you can choose by "checkmark" the exercise routine and it'll play your choices straight through without you having to reroute back to the menu in the middle of working out. For instance, today I chose the 10 minute athletic cardio and the 5 minute stretch, selected "play workout," and it went right to it. That seems simple but it's a big deal not having to stop and mess around with a remote to get to your next exercise.

I feel motivated again knowing that I can physically keep up with this video. That means everything when you're trying to start an exercise program. I've only done the one routine but I previewed the rest and overall, the video is fun, it challenges you to accomplish the moves, and it makes you sweat. Definitely a good choice for beginners and anyone discouraged by not be able to keep up with other videos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for people who like aerobics and those who want to start exercising, November 30, 2011
magicgirl (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
I really love petra's down to earth attitude and i love her energy. BUT...if you're a beginner and have no aerobics experience you have to pay close attention to keep up with memorizing choreography. Don't worry its not too complicated. I consider myself a beginner. I don't usually work out. But the workouts weren't so hard to do. I found myself struggling near the end to not give up. But that's because i don't usually work out.
The plus side, is that Petra does a great job at explaining things and not making you feel stupid. I totally recommend this video if you don't normally exercise but want to start somewhere. This is a great addition to a beginners collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, basic--limited, January 25, 2010
This review is from: CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS (DVD)
Having LOVED another Petra exercise routine--I gave this a try. Though she is really one of the best at cueing, meaning telling the exerciser WHAT to do, HOW and WHEN...and though this is easy to follow, basic and adjustable (both as a DVD and with choices in routines)--it also is that. Too routine. The stretch was so quick--it hardly was worth a mat on the floor. For a new person--this is a fabulous place to start. For anyone with a library already of DVDs, it is just okay.

CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS
CARDIO FOR BEGINNERS by Ernest Schultz (DVD - 2009)
$14.99 $10.76