4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the spec's
I use this watch while kayaking, so it gets wet constantly. Never a leak or an internal failure, in spite of its lack of being "water proof".

Its small size is much more comfortable on my wrist than typical sports watches, and the lack of a fancy lap time function isn't a factor for me - although I'm constantly using the stopwatch.

The only drawback...
Published on November 6, 2005 by Robert C. Putnam

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 3 months - No abuse to watch
I bought this watch for longevity and durability. For 3 months, the watch performed admirably. It is light, comfortable and you forget you are wearing it. I bought it mainly for wearing at work in a very casual environment. For anything beyond this, I was somewhat embarrassed to wear it as it is quite ugly and looks like a kids watch.

After 3 months of no...
Published 9 months ago by Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the spec's, November 6, 2005
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)

The only drawback is a band that isn't the strongest, but at this price, I buy three watches at a time to make sure I've always got "enough". Don't take that to mean the band breaks constantly. I'm pretty brutal and the band typically lasts a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got You Beat, October 17, 2005
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
Best power consumption of any watch on the planet. Almost nine years without a battery change and it still keeps going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, October 29, 2004
Mike (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
This is a great watch. I've had mine for over seven years and the original battery is still going. This is a nice and simple watch with stopwatch and alarm. I also like that it is not too bulky on the wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs style?, July 9, 2013
A. King (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
My girlfriend hates it because it's ugly. The first day I wore it she said "...please tell me you're not wearing THAT."

But you know what?
She loves that I have an alarm clock that I never have to worry about plugging in at night.
She loves that I always know what time it is, and don't have to stash it in a locker if we go to the pool.
I love that it costs about ten bucks.

Sure it's ugly (or maybe retro, if that's your thing) but who cares? It's super cheap, super reliable, and super functional. Wear a watch. It's more useful than you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars F-91W, July 5, 2010
hbthemik (East Bay, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
I needed an everyday digital watch that I can wear to classes and gym. This one does the job very well at its kind price (can find at a cheaper price online) and looks good as well. It stays very comfortable on my wrist due to its thin and small face. I have a relatively thin wrist (Sz 6.5) so it looks proportional. I can see how this one can look a little small if you have a thick wrist but worth a try anyway. It even looked a little small on my wrist at first but I became to like the look of it as time passed.

I also just switched battery on mine since the lcd looked a little weak. It's extremely easy to change the battery too. Just unscrew the 4 bolts on the back, take out the watch inside (it's one piece), open it by opening four corners, swap the battery, then put it back together. Even if you have no experience with battery changing on a watch, you will figure out easily.

Overall, I'm very satisfied.

The only con if I have to pick one - the light could be a little brighter. But no problem reading the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice small face watch, May 13, 2007
I got this watch mostly because it shows the date. Now I never have to look for a calendar or ask someone the date. It is sturdy. I've already dropped it innumerable times and had no problems. The face is relatively small. I like that because I don't have a big wrist. But the number size is perfect and everything is easy to read. Easy to program too, time, stop watch, and alarm settings. I once had a watch where there was a button to push to make the face light up; the light is one thing missing from this watch. But I like it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a blast!, April 26, 2011
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch blew me away with it's amazing features and small size. I've owned the F91W for about a year now, and it has seen a lot during that year. Sand, debris, etc. has no effect on this rugged watch - you could strap a bomb to it and it'd probably come out in one piece! But I'm just guessing.

Although it is hard to pick, I would say the feature that I love the most is the countdown timer. As the clock nears the lovely "00:00", the beeping steadily increases to a piercing trill. Of course, this can be disabled if the sound of that doesn't get you off like it does me.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is the bomb!, May 10, 2010
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
This is the most reliable watch I've ever owned. I buy them all the time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 3 months - No abuse to watch, March 17, 2014
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)

After 3 months of no abuse, the light button stopped working which means I can no longer change the time, date, or use the light. After traveling back to the US, the time is off by 15 hours, so the watch is useless to me. I cant even reset the stopwatch feature due to the broken button.

I contacted Shopemco and received the dreaded "Contact the Manufacturer". I called Casio and of course I am responsible for shipping which would be more than the watch is worth...

Maybe I got a lemon, so I will consider buying another one for work and salvage the straps and battery from this one but I will use a different vendor who has more than a 30 day return period or at least a little more understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 1, 2013
This review is from: CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch (Watch)
I love this watch. Love the price, love the features, love the way it looks. It is practical and durable. I previously had a Casio analog watch that lasted about a year and a half. Since it was about $10 and a battery is around $5, I just figured I'll get another Casio watch. I decided to go digital. I like the functions of this watch. The alarm beep is loud enough to get your attention. I really like the calendar display, It displays the day of the week and day of the month.(Like sun 1 for Sunday the 1st of Dec) It also has a stopwatch function which I don't use often. But, it is handy when needed. I really like the light on it, my other watch didn't have one and it is really handy when your out at night or in a theater or something and can't see the time. I've had to clean it a few times. I've had no issues with damaging it when getting wet or having to clean it. Having it for a while now I still have no scratches on the glass. I recommend getting one!

CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch