5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for summer.
Published on April 20, 2012 by Cassondra Davison

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad fit, cheaply made for $100+
Published 10 months ago by Mark Zielanski

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for summer., April 20, 2012
This review is from: Blue Rhino CBC1232SP Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal Barbeque Grill (Lawn & Patio)
I searched 4 different stores and their websites and could not find anything comparable to this type of grill They don't make grills like this anymore, which is a shame. Because a few years back, a grill like this only cost around $60. Nowdays in that price range you have to choose between a multitude of rinky-dink grills with no ash pans or trays included. That is really my only gripe about this grill; the price. It is, however, totaly worth it as long as you plan on keeping it out of the rain and snow so it will last for years. It heats very evenly (well ventilated), has a spacious grilling area, and adjusting the coal rack is super easy now that they redesigned the mechanism which raises and lowers the rack.

Assembly-wise, it's a typical grill; they're all a bit of a pain to put together. But once you've got it up and going, you won't be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad fit, cheaply made for $100+, November 23, 2013
This grill is to replace my 10+year old Sunbeam. The Sunbeam grill was purchased from Walmart for $89. My old Sunbeam was a 22" round kettle style with a side shelf. Finally after over 10 years of use the bottom is starting to become thin and I know it will eventually break through. So that is the type of grill and price range I will base my review of my new Blue Rhino. First, the reason for my Blue Rhino purchase was the side shelf. I don't understand why charcole grill are mainly made without a side shelf. kind of stupid if you ask me. You know when you are putting things on and off the grill you need a place to set a plate -what a concept. First the new Blue Rhino grill had a couple problems during assembly. First, the grill height adjustment interferred with the back support. I had to use pillers and bend it away. Looks like s*** after I had to bend the metal to make clearance. Don't worry it wasn't too hard to do since everything is made out of 0.2 thin (too thin) material. Second and most problamatic: One of the wheel attachment legs was not threaded properly. The bolt which is threaded into hold the leg end is intended to be tightened and holds the leg place through the base. My bolt on this leg just dropped in. It was like the hold was over tapped one size larger. How they heck did that happen? I had to go out to Ace Hardware and chase down a the next size metric thread stainless steel bolt. That is unacceptable in my book. Third, the charcole bricks will fall down below the grate into the base of the grill if you are not careful when you pour them in. There is a gap between the lower grate and the outter edge of the lower part of the grill. The grill does not measure up to the feel of my last Sunbeam. (too bad I couldn't have got another one of those) I don't feel like the grill will last 10 years. Time will tell. There really isn't an intermediate side shelf grill (~$100) that I could find other than this one. Next time I might spring for the $350 Weber at HD with a side shelf. Hard to justify but I bet it would last a LONG time. Happy charcole grilling !

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than OK, June 18, 2012
Susan & Sam (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I really like this grill once it was assembled. But I'll never get this particular one unless it's assembled already. Too many things needed to be attached! yikes! I'm glad I had an electical drill by hand it would have taken forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
works well

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, March 10, 2013
This grill was made so thinly and cheaply that the tray (at the bottom of grill) would buckle when rolling it around. The holes for mounting screws had to be drilled out because holes did not line up adding to the flimsiness. Hard plastic handle on the front of the lid arrived broken super glue took care of that. I kept this for a full season hoping I could repair it but this season it is going to the dump.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Rhino BBQ, July 5, 2012
We wanted to get back to basic BBQing with charcoal and finally decided to try this "Blue Rhino Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal BBQ Grill". We are happy to report that after the addition of a home-made mesh charcoal grate to keep the charcoals from falling down into the bottom of the barbeque where they won't cook your food, we are 100% satisfied with this BBQ. The easy height adjustment knob works great to raise and lower the coals. The overall construction and materials used is good.No need to worry about the bottom of the BBQ burning out because the coals are not sitting directly on it. It took me a lot longer than the directions suggested to put the Rhino together. I prefer to actually read instructions and not have to interpret pictures. The grilling grate was flaking off the porcelain coating when I opened the box and one call to 800 number given in the instruction manuel and a new one was shipped to us immediately. "Blue Rhino" might consider beefing up their packaging, cause UPS isn't going to handle stuff moor delicately, and I'm pretty sure the flaking was due to rough handling. All told, this BBQ is working wonderfully! My hubby is well on his way to mastering the art of grilling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific BBQ, June 28, 2012
We needed a non-gas grill for our cabana at the beach. This is perfect and cooks beautifully. It is on wheels so the transportation of it was easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars BARBEQUE GRILL, December 6, 2012
EXCELLENT! WITH MY COVER, IN MY PORCH...EASY TO USE, EASY TO CLEAN...SIMPLY GREAT...DO YOU HAVE IT IN WHITE BY ANY CHANCE?

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice grill-horrible instructions, October 14, 2012
Grill arrived in great shape.Fast & Free shipping!!
I started putting the grill together,and the instructions are just horrid.
The layout of the hardware couldn't be worse.I actually had to get a few extra nuts and bolts to finish the job.
But aside from the horrible ,little detailed instructions(made in China),and missing hardware (miC),the grill was a very good deal.It should last a long time.
With the price here at Amazon,and free shipping,you can't go wrong.Just set aside a hour or two for assembly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great delivery and product, August 18, 2014
Judith Griebel (Calumet, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Exactly what we wanted. Great delivery and product. Thank you.

Blue Rhino CBC1232SP Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal Barbeque Grill