Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Misc. Supplies|Change

on August 20, 2012
This network sim is a great way to lock in the materials covered in the ODOM 822 ICND1 book for CCENT and CCNA.

Unfortunately the application download location referenced in this access card leads to a version that does not support this card.
These sims enforce product registration by listing exact product ISBNs in PRODUCTDIRECTORY\db\resources\CISCOPRESS.properties
Despite the access keys being valid, the software would not register, saying invalid ISBN for access key. There are multiple ISBNs for the 822 V2 network sim and the actual ISBN of this product is not listed in the above mentioned file. To get it to register the ISBN_CCENT_640-822_ICND1=9780132954297 line must be set to the actual ISBN printed on the back of this access card pack(9780132953962).

I submitted this problem to the software provider. Perhaps it will be fixed. Perhaps not.

**Edit 12/20/2012** I used this as my main lab for the CCENT. I found it simpler than the other solutions because the labs were just launch and go. I passed CCENT back in September on the first try with the ODOM cert library and this product. I think I'll spring for the 816 upgrade to this product to complete the CCNA.

**Edit 03/10/2013** If registration doesn't work then try this:
Download the software (CCENT or CCNA version, doesn't matter) and install. Got to the installation location and browse to the DB and then Resources sub folder. Create a file called "security.xml", without the quotes. Run the program, it will now work.
on April 2, 2013
I purchased this trying to study for my CCENT exam. The product installs on my computer but gives me an error "Incorrect user for access code". So I contacted Pearson customer support because that is who is listed on the product that I received. After waiting on the phone for almost 45 mins they tell me that they can't fix the problem and that I needed to contact informit.com and submit a ticket. Now I have to wait 2 days before receiving a reply from the company before I can even get this product to work.

I just hope I can get this product to work and isn't a complete waste of my time, otherwise I will be sending this back for a refund from Amazon. Do yourself a favor save your time and money.
on May 22, 2013
Great simulator so far. Have got my money's worth out of it. The PDF labs are really handy to print out and refer to.
on November 22, 2012
No CD required for installation. Minimal packaging and simple to configure. A good tool to learn how to network LAN's