Customer Discussions > Blunderbuss forum

CD won't play in my truck!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2012 10:37:08 AM PDT
I love the cd but, it won't play in my truck, it says bad cd or unsupported format! Anybody else having this problem?

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:15:54 AM PDT
S. Finefrock says:
get rid of the truck.

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:32:16 AM PDT
Terran says:
try importing the CD into iTunes on your computer, then create a playlist of the songs, put blank CD in your computer and burn the playlist. this will remove any extra digital content off the CD that's making it not work in your truck. the one you burned should work.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:30:35 AM PDT
Thank you, I'll try it!

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:38:25 AM PDT
Who Fanatic says:
These are not steps someone should have to go through to listen to their legally-purchased CD.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 11:55:31 AM PDT
I agree - I tried it and it didn't even work! The cd plays in my husband's Ford Taurus but won't play in my Explorer but, all of my other cds work - even burned ones! Frustrating!

Posted on May 15, 2012 1:49:09 PM PDT
Winter says:
There are a few variables here, but if it helps...

...I used to have a problem with CDs over 60 minutes long in a factory system circa 1997--the way CDs are burned has been changing just a bit over the years. In the beginning it was about 50-odd minutes that you could fit on a CD, then later it got up to about 70, then 74, and I think that's where it's stopped. Blunderbuss isn't 74 minutes, but there may be a problem in the way it's made that's making your truck not like it. The disc plays fine in my Kenwood (circa 2009) and my wife's Subaru factory unit, (circa 2002).

Also, take a peek at the underside (unmarked side) of the disc: if the coloring has a kind of a 'puddle' shape to it, there may just be something wrong with the manufacturing of the disc...rare, but I've had a couple of discs that would throw a fit in a particular player just for that reason.

Personally, I'd rip it to MP3, burn it to a blank CD, and go from there. I've easily been able to rip this album and play it on my phone, computers, and a thumb drive attached to my car stereo (when I handed the disc over to my wife). I haven't seen any digital content on this disc--mine doesn't even have "CD-Text" embedded in it. But good luck to you. I hope you can resolve the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:32:44 PM PDT
Thank you for your post - I'll look at the coloring on unmarked side but, I've already tried ripping it to mps & then disc - let's put it this way - all of my friends & family are loving blunderbussx!! It plays in my computers, my husband's factory ford taurus(2006) but refuses my factory ford explorer (2009) . This has never happened to me before - I just don't get it!

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:43:27 PM PDT
Winter says:
I am really sorry to hear it Heather! That has to be truly aggravating. I have to admit I'm just about out of ideas--but if you have the ability to send that disc back...err, a new one *might* solve your problems, or it might not. If this were a DualDisc, mini, CD-A, or some other weird format, I could see why this would happen.

Have you also tried some forums for the vehicle? Like searching for "2009 Ford CD player wont play some discs"? I have an example here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=2009+ford+cd+player+won't+play+some+discs&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

and a bunch that might be more specific here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2009+ford+cd+player+won't+play+some+discs&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-Address&sclient=psy-ab&q=2009+ford+explorer+problem+CD+player&oq=2009+ford+explorer+problem+CD+player&aq=f&aqi=q-w1&aql=&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.2092.11258.0.11401.36.28.0.8.8.0.170.2445.20j7.27.0...0.0.TScZoG1qU9Q&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=41e29ab53187148e&biw=1920&bih=958

There's an interesting bit here about pulling the fuses to reset the unit (which also means any radio stations or sound presets probably would have to be re-entered):

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t20391_ds456432

Some car players act really weird when there's a wiring problem, or when you've had work done on it that required disconnecting the battery, but usually the latter just results in your presets being gone. My wife had a Contour whose tape player would flip sides when you went over a bump the right way--until a wiring harness factory recall fixed it (but made everything else worse).

If this were back in the bad old days of DRM-infested Sony discs, I'd immediately hop on the copy-protection bandwagon and cry foul...but it's been a LONG time since I've seen a commercial disc with anything like that loaded into it.

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:17:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 7:18:41 AM PDT
Jack White planned it that way due to his hatred of trucks. The only way to get it to play is to airbrush "Jack White thinks I'm a douchebag for driving this" on the side of your truck. Email him with photographic evidence and he'll send you an unlock code.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 3:51:00 PM PDT
Longday says:
Interesting. I have an '05 Explorer and this CD plays noticeably - I mean, SIGNIFICANTLY - quieter than any other original disk. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 8:30:38 AM PDT
S. Miller says:
Fords suck.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blunderbuss forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blunderbuss
Blunderbuss by Jack White (Audio CD - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (326)