5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - Product, Fit and price!
After going through loads and loads of reviews on multiple kindle covers - I am finally happy and satisfied that I made the right choice.
It is definitely difficult to make a decision as there are so many options available out there and we really cant try out each and everyone before you choose the right one.

Below were the categories that I divided covers...
Published on December 22, 2010 by Deeps

3.0 out of 5 stars its OK
the case fits the K3 perfectly. basically you will not touch your K3, only the case. The thing I dont like about this is the cover is not hard enough. I dont feel safe putting this in my backpack. Other than that, its a good case if you just carry this around the house.
Published on November 23, 2010 by Huy N. Doan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - Product, Fit and price!, December 22, 2010
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)

Below were the categories that I divided covers into:
1. Ones that connect to the spine of the kindle
2. Ones that have flaps on all 4 sides to hold the device
3. Sleeve type (like the envelope type)
4. This product that I am writing a review about.

Below are the pros and cons of each of these types:

#1 (Ones that connect to the spine of the kindle)
pros: Great view (we get the see the entire device with nothing on top of it.
cons: We just feel like it may not be holding on to the device for ever. Also, there were some reviews where this was resulting in freezing the device in some cases (as there are connections to the battery of the device for the light in some covers)

#2 (Ones that have flaps on all 4 sides to hold the device)
pros: my opinion, none
cons: I just felt it ugly design that some 4 flaps hold on to the corners of the device. The below flaps also cover part of the buttons - just didnt like it.

#3 (Sleeve type)
pros: Good to use it as a carry case if thats the only purpose of it.
cons: No cover when using the device.

#4 (This product)
pros: Holds the device firmly without some weird looking flaps, the cuts are made right so that the screen, keyboard and connectors are free to use. And great price!
cons: The material is synthetic leather - looks good but not "leather" (which didnt matter to me as it was at a great price)

So, to summarize, I felt the cover was the perfect purposeful product for the kindle at a very good price.
I just couldnt convince myself to pay $35 (Other covers) or more when the reader itself was $139

Hope this review helps.

[Update - March 29, 2011]
Am still very happy with the product - no issues what so ever.
I did drop the kindle (with cover ofcourse) more than couple of times - no damages.

[Update - January 26, 2012]
My usage of kindle has reduced a bit lately, blame my iPad2 for it! Well, for reading books its still the Kindle!
Coming back to the kindle cover, its still holding very well, no issues what so ever - my usage hasn't been that extensive though.
About the negatives, the kindle cover is open from the top ... my kindle hasn't fallen out of it yet, but it has slid out a bit and I have managed to be careful.
Otherwise, still doing great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my Kindle 3 needed, December 9, 2010
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this cover after going to several Best Buy stores and coming up empty. (Best Buy sells the Kindle and other eReaders. They also offer covers in the store.) I even tried to purchase a cover that was supposed to be for the Kindle 3. I went to my vehicle to see if it would hold my Kindle in place if the case accidentally fell out of my purse, it did not. I left my vehicle and returned the $40 case for a full refund.
Then I returned home and began searching Amazon for a cover. This cover seemed perfect. Now that I have received it, it is great because the Kindle slides in from top of the case. It provides access to the page keys, the USB port, and the power button. The left side of the case is firm, but lightly padded to provide some protection for the screen. It is a perfect case for tossing my Kindle into my purse. Wish it came in different colors, like RED! Oh well, other than that it is GREAT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, November 25, 2010
meeko350 (Monroe, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this case from the same seller on ebay...love this case! It is light in weight, easy to hold, very protective, and even has the edging on the bottom, which most companies excluded on the K3 version for some reason. I've thrown it in the car, in my purse and have dropped it a few times, and my kindle is still perfect. The seller is great to deal with and ships fast. Would love more colors to choose from.

4.0 out of 5 stars K3's CE Compass Cover Case, December 22, 2010
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
For the price, it is an excellent cover. It fits the K3 exactly and will not let it fall out, even through the open flap at the top. But that's how you get the kindle in anyway.

Pros:
1) Holds the K3 perfectly (as mentioned above)
2) The price was decent
3) Makes me feel as if I am holding a 'real' book open
4) I never have to touch my K3. I am only touching the buttons to turn the page & to type.
5) Does not obstruct the function of the kindle. I can still plug it into my computer, plug in my head phones, have it read out loud, etc. without it being muffled by the case or without removing it from the case.

Cons:
1) It is thin leather and I would not feel comfortable throwing it around in a bag with my keys and wallet, but that's just me.
2)The magnet is not terribly strong, but I have a feeling that it if it were, it might interfere with the K3's internal wiring & battery as other faulty cases have.

The pros outweigh the cons for me. I am happy with my new case for my K3.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case, elegant and functional, December 16, 2010
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
The perfect case for the Kindle, IMO. Sleek and elegant-looking, it looks like it'd cost three or four times more than what it does, fits the Kindle snugly, and leaves all of the Kindle's buttons accessible. My main concern before purchasing was that the Kindle might slide out of the top-loading opening, but it's such an exact fit that even with some jostling and shaking, it's in there to stay. The back speakers are of course covered up, but it doesn't seem to impede the sound one bit. Totally recommended, and what great value--why would anyone pay for the ridiculously expensive proprietary Kindle case when you can get this?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for a good price, April 7, 2011
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
I have research many cases before I decided on this one. There were two reasons for my decision - price and look. There are other cases that might be better make with better materials, but I cannot see why I should spend $50-$100 for a case to protect a product that costs $139. So the $15 price for the CE case was prefect. I received the case within 1 week and what a pleasant surprise. Even though the case is not leather but it looks great and it fits the Kindle 3 perfectly. There was a review that said the Kindle will slip out if holding the case upside down. I turned the case upside down and tried to shake the Kindle out. The case holds the Kindle firmly in place. The weight of the case is light that it did not bother me when holding it. Overall, I love this case and would recommend to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars its OK, November 23, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent cover/case for the price, March 31, 2011
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
I've been using this cover for a couple days now and overall, I'm pleased. There were a couple very small defects; a small glue bump and one tiny scratch in the leather which reduced my rating one star. Compared to the prices for many of the other cases, this one is very good for the price you're paying. The magnetic clasp isn't the strongest magnet on the planet, but that also means there's no sharp metal to potentially scratch my beautiful Kindle. The inside flap is a little tight but I'm sure it'll give a bit more once being broken in. As for the basic functionality, the screen, all buttons and connections are easily accessible and my Kindle fits in very snug and it only adds a tiny bit of weight to my Kindle (in fact, I can barely tell). The front cover folds back very easily for one-handed reading. Overall, I'm very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not quite awesome, January 9, 2011
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
The cover fit the kindle perfectly and works just as it should, but however there is one problem with it, it doesn't hold the kindle in place tight enough. You put the kindle through a slot on top, but if you turn it upside down sometimes it tends to slide out, so this cover would be perfect if it had some sort of mechanism that kept the kindle from sliding out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, perfect!, January 5, 2011
This review is from: CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black) (Electronics)
I just received my case in the mail today, and hurriedly went inside and downstairs to my Kindle to try it on. At first, it was hard to slide in, but it only took about three seconds and the Kindle worked its magic. Overall I love the case.

Pros:
1. Sleek Design
2. Perfect and Comfortable fit.
3. I'm able to using the keyboard and direction keys perfectly. (I have big hands)
4. The charging port and slide button are easily accesible.
5. The folder-type flap easily flips behind the actual Kindle so that it's easy to read.
6. Sturdy and doesn't feel synthetic to me, although I can't really tell.
7. Supports my Kindle perfectly.

Cons:
1. The locker on it is fine, but when I read, I wouldn't want to have to keep pushing it back. I wish it would curl in, if that were possible. Other than that, nothing else!

ARRAY(0x944fee1c)

CE Compass Cover for Kindle 3 (Black)
$24.99 $4.60