Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2012 5:18:56 AM PST
Nathan Lynch says:
Didn't see it posted before but this is what was revealed that the CE will contain

- Diablo III full game.
- Behind the scenes making of DVD.
- Diablo III Soundtrack.
- The Art of Diablo III book.
- Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive.
The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.
- Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
- "Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash. [2]
- World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
- Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits

From http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_III_Collector%27s_Edition

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:33:09 AM PST
Thanks for the info!

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 8:24:11 AM PST
Joseph says:
Also just a note, the making of is Behind the Scenes Blu-Ray/DVD Set

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 9:03:47 AM PST
sithtoast says:
Don't forget if you are an annual pass WoW subscriber, you get 3 months taken off of your commitment.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 8:20:27 PM PST
TM says:
Ah, that's all you get for WoW? I canceled my WoW account in 2009 and was hoping they would give us 3 months of free game time or something when we bought the Diablo 3 CE. Oh well.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 7:09:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2012 7:10:09 AM PST
Swampthing says:
You get four free months of WOW with the Diablo 3 CE, but only if you have a current subscription. Here's the FAQ from Blizzard:

What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?

If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 5:38:56 PM PST
TM says:
Thanks, that helps, but it still sounds like you need to be signed up for the annual pass to use it, right? I couldn't just reactivate my old WoW account and then input the code from the Diablo 3 CE and get 4 months free...or could I?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 9:56:26 AM PST
Diablo says:
@Todd. I don't believe you can do that, and here's why: People who sign up for the Annual Pass are essentially "paying" for D3 (standard) by way of their commitment. Yea it's "free", but your obligation is the payment. Blizzard needed a way to entice people on the AP to upgrade to the Collector's Edition without making them pay for the game twice. So really, we're still getting the standard edition for free with the option to upgrade to the CE for 40 bucks more. Upfront, we pay full price for the CE, but we get reimbursed with WoW game time to keep the standard version "free." If you aren't doing the AP, there's nothing to reimburse you for, hence why you don't get the 4-months of game time.

Pretty sure that's the intent, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 6:42:34 PM PST
TM says:
That makes perfect sense. =)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III: Collector's Edition
Diablo III: Collector's Edition by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.5 out of 5 stars (357)