Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 questions
votes
It comes with a storage bag, but not a hardback case.
20 days ago by Steven
votes
craters only the moon, stars no he could well focus them
20 days ago by Alberto Soriano
votes
Yes
26 days ago by Bruce Lee
votes
The short answer is no but read on for more details. This would not work for astrophotography very well. The mount is too lightweight to support the weight of a camera and the scope. It is an Alt Az Mount which would make tracking very difficult. While moving the scope you will get a lot of vibration that will need to dissipate before even viewing an object with your eye. The eyepiece is not very standard for camera adapters. I believe it is almost a 1" eyepiece where 1.25" and 2" are the standard. Also this is an F/12 scope so it is very slow for photography. With this scope expect to see Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, the moon and stars with your eye. If you want to see planets maybe this scope is for you. For anything else you may be better off with some binoculars.
Nov 13, 2014 by Corey Sleve
votes
The telescope is not designed to be connected to a camera system... I'm not familiar with the Nikon you have or any of your attachments for the camera, but I have successfully taken pictures of Saturn, Jupiter, and the moon with a homemade mounting system and my iPhone. Is it possible? Yes, it is. Is it in the design? No.
Nov 13, 2014 by Steven
votes
I actually bought this telescope for my grandson, but in looking online at a review it said the telescope came with three eyepieces, a Huygens 20mm and 12.5mm and an SR 4mm.
Mar 20, 2013 by David R. Nall
votes
I don't think so. This uses .965 eyepieces so mounted a camera would probably be pretty tricky. You'd probably need a .965 to 1.25 adapter and then a tring and camera adapter. You would definitely need a different mount to use this with a too because the added weight of a camera set up would make this mount unusable. You may be able to take some images through the eyepiece with an phone though. This is a good visual scope for the money but for AP I think it would be nearly impossible to use with a dslr.
Apr 18, 2014 by Corey Sleve
votes
This telescope can be used to observe the craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, and even the moons of Jupiter. If you are more interested in terrestrial viewing it also works well for spotting birds. The amount of education one can receive from this telescope, or any telescope or scientific instrument, depends highly on the users own ability to properly operate the tool and their ability to understand what it is they observe.
Apr 3, 2014 by Steven
votes
Not sure....I gave it as a gift to my grandson and I heard he really liked it but he didn't mention any software.
Jan 24, 2014 by Donna
votes
for children what age? Oct 15, 2013
Although its up to you, it may be best as a family activity or project for children between the ages of 7 and up who will enjoy watching celestial events. It's educational too. The product is packaged with software, two CD's with easy-to-follow instructions and a sky map to install. Hope your family will like it as much as mine.
Oct 15, 2013 by Happy Customer
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers