5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compression Sleeves
I have these and ones from Zensah. Both are great products but I find these ones to hold their tightness for a while. I don't wash them too often(every 3 weeks) and alternate wearing both pairs. They are hard to get on, but they should be! Great sleeves!
Published on March 1, 2011 by RunnerGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars In between sizes
Men's medium is 12.5 to 15 inches and large starts at 15.5 inches. Well, what if your calf is 15.25 inches. Medium or Large? I got the medium because everything else that I buy are mediums. OMG, these are so tight. I think I would really like them if I got the large.

IMO if you are in between sizes then get the bigger size.
Published 23 months ago by kyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compression Sleeves, March 1, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars better than Zensah, March 10, 2012
This review is from: CEP Men's Compression Allsport Sleeve (Apparel)
I am a minimalist style runner (usually run in Vibrams) and I needed something to aid in muscle recovery. I have read the positive aspects of compression sleeves for your calf and wanted to try. I purchased both the Zensah (L/XL) and CEP (IV) based off of my calf size 15.5 inches. The Zensah quality is very nice, smooth material, the seam in the back does not bother your skin. The downside of the Zensah is the sizing, it is not tight enough to offer adequate compression. I plan on using the Zensah for when I travel or when I sleep as I do not think they are tight enough for when I run.
The CEP however is perfect tightness. The material is not as soft as the Zensah but does not irritate your skin. They are a bit tough to get on at first, but like anything (especially Vibrams) you learn the right technique of application. They also seem to be one solid piece, no seam like the Zensah.
If you have an opportunity to try on both at a local store I would recommend doing so, my fit issue may be relative but I will not be purchasing Zensah again because of this.

As far as compression sleeves themselves go, I feel it does help with recovery, in addition to myofascial foam rolling and static stretching after runs. My calf soreness is slowing down and hope to continue my progress.
Best of luck with your purchase and always remember to take care of your muscles and they will take care of you.
Cheers,
Justin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 14, 2011
I bought these as I also have a pair of the CEP Running 02 socks and wanted to compare and contrast the full socks and sleeves. I am an avid cyclist and since there was such a brutal winter, I did a lot of my hard interval workouts on the indoor trainer. Both the socks and sleeves worked great and I could feel them working as I got into some tough high cadence spins, or hard grinding intervals. I will definately be buying more of the sleeves as they are less expensive than the full socks and work just as good.

3.0 out of 5 stars In between sizes, January 4, 2013
This review is from: CEP Men's Compression Allsport Sleeve (Apparel)

IMO if you are in between sizes then get the bigger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!! I'll Never Train Without Them!!!, June 25, 2011
This review is from: CEP Men's Compression Allsport Sleeve (Apparel)
After competing in Soo many Half-Marathons, 12 and 10k runs, I would see people who wore calf compressions and or tape. I wondered, hmmmm, I wonder how these "calf compressions" would help, if any. Well after upping my training regiments to what us runners call "Two-a-Days" (meaning, we run Twice a day. Normally morning and late afternoon), I noticed the soleus part of my calves starting to hurt. Once researched of what could be causing this issue (besides good training), I learned that with Every foot strike on the ground, micro vibrations would travel up and through the calf. Thus creating the tiny tears in the muscle resulting in Muscle Soreness.

At this point, I thought it'd be a good idea to at least Try some calf compressions. And let me say: I've tried the A Skins 400. They fit ok (***). Work ok(**). But calfs would still be sore as if I didn't wear any. I needed something more. I needed a product that put Quantifiable, Justifiable, and THE Most Reliable data out as to How their product could help. After Extensive Research and looking into All the calf compressions, CEP was Indeed the proven winner. Again and Again. Website after Website. Review after Review.

I can now say, I am a PROUD owner of a pair of all white CEP Calf Compressions. My Two-a-Days/ Training regiment has thus shown improvement within two weeks of having them. Just having them makes me want to put them on and go running.

Not only do they minimize calf vibrations, but they also increase blood flow, and the part I love is that the compressions do Not allow blood to pool in my legs.

They fit Really snug (but not constricting). Just like a pair of Superior Calf Compressions are Supposed to work.

Five ***** from Moi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compression socks, May 13, 2013
I had also tried 2 other brands which were not as good. This is my 2nd pair of the CEP brand. They give you support exactly where you need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compression, December 26, 2012
n8tron (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
These sleeves have been great so far. They are durable and can stand up to pulling off an on as well as the washing machine (I wash them about every third time I wear them and air-dry)
I only wear them on "long" runs of 10 miles or more. In the last two months I have field tested them in 2 marathons (26.2 mi) and a RAGNAR ultra relay (48 mi). I gotta say, my calves were not nearly as sore as usual. I won't go without them now.
Oh.. my calf measurement was 16 " and I went with large. A good fit I would say.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healed my calves, December 18, 2012
Greg Lindsay (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
I preferred these to the Zensah because they provide better compression. I over-did jogging and injured my calf muscles in both legs - DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Wearing these for a week did the trick and healed me up whereas just quitting running wasn't helping much.

After healing, I wear them to prevent injury and cramping. When I have them on, my calves never hurt. Running without them, I occassionally have tightness, even if I stretch first. These increase blood flow to the calf muscles and speed up recovery. I'm considering getting some other compression clothing too, perhaps something that covers the entire leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compression and cheaper than some alternatives, September 20, 2010
This review is from: CEP Men's Compression Allsport Sleeve (Apparel)
I bought this for run training and competing in triathlons, and even after my first run I noticed a difference. I have had some somewhat chronic tightness in my left calf, but during my run with the sleeve and after, my calves felt fresh. I still have some knee problems, so don't expect it to fix everything. It would be hard to say if there actually would be a significant performance benefit without more rigorous testing, but I do believe that recovery is faster.

I was somewhat surprised to be on the Mens III size (the smallest size), but I am glad I did not size up. The compression is good but not uncomfortable, and I only worry that it will loose some compression over time. I was planning on wearing them for Triathlons, which should work underneath your wetsuit, but won't really work for non-wetsuit races. The material would slow you down significantly in the water, so you would have to put it on in T1. For time savings, this would only make sense if you had a very long race (half IM or full IM).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, December 18, 2013
I generally run about 5-6 miles, 4-5 days a week at about an 8 minute mile pace.

After a month off mid-marathon training, I jumped right back into it at the 16 mile mark...like an idiot. Needless to say I started to have problems with cramping. Bought the recommended size, which fit perfectly snug as they should, and did an 18 miler. No cramping and no problems. Breathable enough that I did not notice them retaining any heat during the run.

Seems to be holding up well after 4 months of use. I wash it in cold water and hang dry it.

CEP Men's Compression Allsport Sleeve