Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on March 1, 2011
I have these and ones from Zensah. Both are great products but I find these ones to hold their tightness for a while. I don't wash them too often(every 3 weeks) and alternate wearing both pairs. They are hard to get on, but they should be! Great sleeves!
on March 10, 2012
I am a minimalist style runner (usually run in Vibrams) and I needed something to aid in muscle recovery. I have read the positive aspects of compression sleeves for your calf and wanted to try. I purchased both the Zensah (L/XL) and CEP (IV) based off of my calf size 15.5 inches. The Zensah quality is very nice, smooth material, the seam in the back does not bother your skin. The downside of the Zensah is the sizing, it is not tight enough to offer adequate compression. I plan on using the Zensah for when I travel or when I sleep as I do not think they are tight enough for when I run.
The CEP however is perfect tightness. The material is not as soft as the Zensah but does not irritate your skin. They are a bit tough to get on at first, but like anything (especially Vibrams) you learn the right technique of application. They also seem to be one solid piece, no seam like the Zensah.
If you have an opportunity to try on both at a local store I would recommend doing so, my fit issue may be relative but I will not be purchasing Zensah again because of this.

As far as compression sleeves themselves go, I feel it does help with recovery, in addition to myofascial foam rolling and static stretching after runs. My calf soreness is slowing down and hope to continue my progress.
Best of luck with your purchase and always remember to take care of your muscles and they will take care of you.
Cheers,
Justin
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
Men's medium is 12.5 to 15 inches and large starts at 15.5 inches. Well, what if your calf is 15.25 inches. Medium or Large? I got the medium because everything else that I buy are mediums. OMG, these are so tight. I think I would really like them if I got the large.

IMO if you are in between sizes then get the bigger size.
on April 14, 2011
I bought these as I also have a pair of the CEP Running 02 socks and wanted to compare and contrast the full socks and sleeves. I am an avid cyclist and since there was such a brutal winter, I did a lot of my hard interval workouts on the indoor trainer. Both the socks and sleeves worked great and I could feel them working as I got into some tough high cadence spins, or hard grinding intervals. I will definately be buying more of the sleeves as they are less expensive than the full socks and work just as good.
on December 18, 2012
I preferred these to the Zensah because they provide better compression. I over-did jogging and injured my calf muscles in both legs - DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Wearing these for a week did the trick and healed me up whereas just quitting running wasn't helping much.

After healing, I wear them to prevent injury and cramping. When I have them on, my calves never hurt. Running without them, I occassionally have tightness, even if I stretch first. These increase blood flow to the calf muscles and speed up recovery. I'm considering getting some other compression clothing too, perhaps something that covers the entire leg.
on June 25, 2011
After competing in Soo many Half-Marathons, 12 and 10k runs, I would see people who wore calf compressions and or tape. I wondered, hmmmm, I wonder how these "calf compressions" would help, if any. Well after upping my training regiments to what us runners call "Two-a-Days" (meaning, we run Twice a day. Normally morning and late afternoon), I noticed the soleus part of my calves starting to hurt. Once researched of what could be causing this issue (besides good training), I learned that with Every foot strike on the ground, micro vibrations would travel up and through the calf. Thus creating the tiny tears in the muscle resulting in Muscle Soreness.

At this point, I thought it'd be a good idea to at least Try some calf compressions. And let me say: I've tried the A Skins 400. They fit ok (***). Work ok(**). But calfs would still be sore as if I didn't wear any. I needed something more. I needed a product that put Quantifiable, Justifiable, and THE Most Reliable data out as to How their product could help. After Extensive Research and looking into All the calf compressions, CEP was Indeed the proven winner. Again and Again. Website after Website. Review after Review.

I can now say, I am a PROUD owner of a pair of all white CEP Calf Compressions. My Two-a-Days/ Training regiment has thus shown improvement within two weeks of having them. Just having them makes me want to put them on and go running.

Not only do they minimize calf vibrations, but they also increase blood flow, and the part I love is that the compressions do Not allow blood to pool in my legs.

They fit Really snug (but not constricting). Just like a pair of Superior Calf Compressions are Supposed to work.

Five ***** from Moi.
on December 26, 2012
These sleeves have been great so far. They are durable and can stand up to pulling off an on as well as the washing machine (I wash them about every third time I wear them and air-dry)
I only wear them on "long" runs of 10 miles or more. In the last two months I have field tested them in 2 marathons (26.2 mi) and a RAGNAR ultra relay (48 mi). I gotta say, my calves were not nearly as sore as usual. I won't go without them now.
Oh.. my calf measurement was 16 " and I went with large. A good fit I would say.
on July 25, 2015
I play Cricket (it is outdoor sport that involves lot of running, sudden stops while running, chasing the ball - one can relate it baseball for ease in understanding my activity and problem). Off-late my shin were paining a lot and after the match, I could barely walk. A fellow player recommended my problem is related to shin splints, and I need CEP calf sleeve. there were other products at amazon with similar solution and high ratings, but eventually after a lot of researching I figured CEP is best and it turned out to be exactly what they are meant for. They are Savior,, I just got back from a match and my shin are perfectly fine, mild feeling of pain but something these sleeves can't control. I need to see therapist for that. T

he material used breathes, knitting for the design is precise. I've been using them for last two months, over 7 matches and I wear them for every match. Washed them after every match, the fitting still holds good, the texture, color, knitting every thing has remained same as I got it new. For readers planning to buy a similar product, so measure the upper end of calf and then decide on your size. It is very important you do to get the perfect fit. This product won't help if the fitting is not correct. While wearing them if you face difficulty, but eventually gets on with slight effort - then that is the good size. You should not be forcing yourself a lot to put them on. Then ankle part feels tight compared the upper end of calf, and that is how they are supposed to be. If after wearing the ankle pains more, then probably you need a bigger size. Wear them for short duration, get a feel and decide if the size is good for you or not.

Any problem with size, get it changed/replaced and use the one that fits. I do not recommend using the product if the fitting is not correct, it may hurt or do no benefit.
on December 18, 2013
I generally run about 5-6 miles, 4-5 days a week at about an 8 minute mile pace.

After a month off mid-marathon training, I jumped right back into it at the 16 mile mark...like an idiot. Needless to say I started to have problems with cramping. Bought the recommended size, which fit perfectly snug as they should, and did an 18 miler. No cramping and no problems. Breathable enough that I did not notice them retaining any heat during the run.

Seems to be holding up well after 4 months of use. I wash it in cold water and hang dry it.
on July 29, 2014
I was having shin splints and this gave a temporary relief to the pain while running. They were very tight to put on and take off (I guess that's the point for their design).
Highly recommended for those who have shin splints or any un-explainable aches or pains in their lower legs while running. This might be your solution.