5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years old, like new
Published 20 months ago by PetalsToo

1.0 out of 5 stars While they are compression socks, they were so tight ...
While they are compression socks, they were so tight I couldn't actually keep them on for more than 10 minutes. They are not meant for people with calves.
Published 5 months ago by Jennifer A Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years old, like new, April 8, 2013
This sock comes in three sizes: 9-12.5", 12,5-15" and 15.25-17.5." I was measured in Fleet Feet where an employee measured the widest part of my calf while I stood straight up, legs relaxed, and facing forward. I bought my first pair in 2010. It's just as good as the two pairs I bought and received through Amazon. CEP hasn't changed its model at all: same seamless construction, same size panels, same fiber content, thread count and proportions as far as I can tell. I wash cold and hang dry. Once washed, the sock resets to its "factory settings" but as I wear them after a hard workout (about 2 hours at a time) they warm and relax, hugging my lower leg without cutting off circulation.

These help prevent shin splints and increase the rate of recovery for my tired calves. I've used them training for a half and full marathon, and right now they're in use for a 2nd sprint triathlon training cycle. I bought 2 more just to have a clean pair immediately ready and for color options. Color doesn't affect the sock: there's no difference in fabric feel or elasticity. If I put on one of my new blues and one from the 3-year-old greens there's no difference between the socks. Even in clothing I've seen differences in fabric based on dye color but not so here. I love these so much I bought a pair for my sister, who is a cardio class teacher at 2 gyms. I had her stand and I measured her with a soft plastic measuring tape. They help her recover from hip hop dance, weight lifting, and step class. I recommend having someone else measure you because your calf shape changes from stooping and measuring yourself, and then your size may not be accurate.

We both still use our foam rollers, tennis balls, and Sticks but the compression socks help recovery along even better. I've tried running in them but I find them constricting and too hot for my taste and prefer to wear them after the run (I wear "invisible" socks normally). I know these are terrifically expensive but I can't praise them enough for their quality, performance and longevity so please be confident and buy a pair. One will do: I had just one for 3 years and it continues to serve me well. I've just purchased 2 more because I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to buy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perky legs = great run!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: CEP Women's Compression Run Progressive Sock (Apparel)
If you're a half or full marathoner and your legs start to feel tired toward the end of a run, these socks are hands down the best compression socks you can find. I have 3 pair! While I was hesitant to pay $50-$60 for a pair of socks in the beginning, they last and I can't imagine running a long race without them. Also, if you're used to compression socks, you may want to go a size down. My calf measured just under 14 inches and I've been wearing Size II without issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars These things are awesome, June 17, 2013
This review is from: CEP Women's Compression Run Progressive Sock (Apparel)
I really recommend CEP socks. The fit needs to be tight. Just use the measurements they specify to see which size you need. I wear mine for racing, long training runs, and recovery. I wore mine in a half marathon and they helped with some cramping and I got first place in my race! Boo-yah. Thanks, CEP!

I think it's worth it to pay a little more for the sock instead of the sleeve, because you can wear them while you're not running, which you can't with the sleeve because it will make the blood pool in your feet if you wear them while inactive. The red is a cute color too, and often isn't found in as many stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt great!, June 2, 2013
I love the feel of the compression and cushion built into the base. I'm not sure if it is the only reason, but I had minimal if any soreness after running my recent 1/2 marathon with these. Seems like a ridiculous amount to pay for socks, but considering what I spend every 6 months on a new pair of running shoes, the investment is reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my 1/2marathon, June 3, 2013
I bought these at the expo for the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon to wear for my first 1/2 marathon. During training I suffered from shin splints every single run and calf pain after all my long runs. Wearing these during the race made my legs feel sooo good, not a single shin splint and no calf pain whatsoever. Morning after and while the rest of my body is sore my legs feel awesome! So worth every single penny!
As for sizing, I'm 5'8 and 190 lbs and I bought the women's size 3, they were a perfect fit. However I could see them being a bit too long on someone a little shorter.

4.0 out of 5 stars good compression socks, April 21, 2014
Like it. Good compression,better than most other cheaper brands. Just a little hard to put them on because the tight compression.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, February 22, 2014
I highly recommend this brand compression gear. They work great and do not slip down as some I have tried in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, January 26, 2014
This review is from: CEP Women's Compression Run Progressive Sock (Apparel)
They fit perfect and have the right amount of compression. Legs feel good during and after a long run. Worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Compression Socks Ever, January 6, 2014
This review is from: CEP Women's Compression Run Progressive Sock (Apparel)
If your legs or feet hurt after working all day, these are the socks for you! They are so worth the investment. I am a nurse and work 12-14 hour shifts. These socks are like miracle-workers! Be sure to measure your calf to accurately assess the size needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't run without them, September 24, 2013
This is the third pair of compression socks that I have purchased. I love the way my legs dont tire as quickly. The socks fit as I expected, a struggle to remove when sweaty but worth the trouble because my legs feel better than when I wear low socks. They last forever, well, not quite, but almost. I wore the first pair 6 days a week for my daily run and I finally wore a toenail hole in the right sock after almost a year. And I merely stitched up the hole and continue to wear that pair, alternating with this new pair. I have another (the second pair I purchased) which is reserved for races.. I will continue to run with compression socks, every day, every run.