4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Speaker for the Price
I purchased these in 2004 and I must say that they provide a good quality sound for the price. The bass is tight and the highs are decent. I think that they actually look better with the grille off, but that is just me. I would recommend these for everday home theater use and stereo listening.
Published on February 13, 2012 by M. DiMartino

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Cerwin Vega Really Built These ?!
Cerwin Vega tried a new approach with these speakers.They created these slim, more contemporary profiled speakers to compete with other brands in the digital home theatre arena.They even incorporated their new blue tweeter design. They failed(can you say lo-fi ?). These don't have the look or trademark sound quality worthy of the Cerwin Vega moniker. What happened CV...
Published on December 20, 2004 by Armando M. Mesa

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Cerwin Vega Really Built These ?!, December 20, 2004
This review is from: CERWIN-VEGA V-10F 3-way V Series Tower Speaker (10"") (Electronics)
Cerwin Vega tried a new approach with these speakers.They created these slim, more contemporary profiled speakers to compete with other brands in the digital home theatre arena.They even incorporated their new blue tweeter design. They failed(can you say lo-fi ?). These don't have the look or trademark sound quality worthy of the Cerwin Vega moniker. What happened CV ?

I bought a pair two years ago at Best Buy to use as front main stereo speakers for both music and left and right front digital surround channels.They are now being used as bottom of the barrel rear surround speakers hooked up to another system I really don't even listen to.That's how highly I think of them.

No matter how well I adjusted or calibrated my stereo system (even incorporating an equalizer) these speakers sounded flat and extremely "boxy" with regards to bass reproduction.Their greatest shortcoming is that they produce a cabinet resonance-like quality in sound. Closing my eyes to try to divert the boxiness sound from my ears and mind did absolutely nothing (if it quacks like a duck...). They still sounded cheap ! The tweeters have a soft and weak sounding character. The speakers look and feel inexpensive as well. The dark gray granite laminate does nothing to improve aesthetics ...

One final note is that these are highly reminiscent of speakers that used to come from furniture rental places (Rent A Center) with low end all-in-one component rack units of the 1980's (think Soundesign, Fisher Studio Standard, Emerson, Sears LXI Series---you get the idea)...

I give these a two-star rating due to the fact that they can be somewhat useful as low budget secondary speakers for a bedroom (at the very least) or just to be used for soft and low background music applications...

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Speaker for the Price, February 13, 2012