Samsung LN52A650 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
Used & New from: $699.00
CEVA Delivery and Set Up I've read on here about the great CEVA delivery and in some cases the so-called 'white glove' delivery. First, is the CEVA delivery automatic and do they actually set the TV up. (All I need done is the TV; I do not have any DVD or Surround system.) How is this made to happen. And then there is the calibration service they are selling me at best buy??? I figure worst case I get the TV from Amazon and get it out of the box. If I have a problem I hire someone to set it up and I'm still ahead of the game. Help! :)
asked by S. Kaplan on July 24, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 93 answers
A
votes
I was the same as you, I read all of the reviews on both the TV and CEVA delivery before making the decision to buy from Amazon. I weighed the decision that for every bad comment, there were numerous good ones. It seems that human nature would also make a bad experience more likely to be posted, so I decided to take the risk of such a large purchase online.
As I am currently deployed to Iraq, my wife made the decision to order this item while I was gone. CEVA has its own website which allows you to get even more up to date shipment status than from the Amazon tracking. We ordered on the 23rd, and the item arrived to us on the 26th! CEVA called my wife to arrange delivery (we live over 100 miles from the hub so it is not like our delivery was a quick jaunt for them). The delivery men were extremely polite and helpful and unpacked the TV and got it into place so that she could test the TV. They offered to remove the packing but we decided to keep them just in case (knock on wood) we had any issues requiring a return of the TV.
I personally think that the negatives seen are simply anomolies based on the literally thousands of deliveries made by CEVA and the local hubs/employees. I think they should get the same benefit of the doubt as you would give other large scale businesses like FEDEX or UPS. I have had both good and bad past experiences with both, yet I continue to use them without hesitation.
All in all, this turned out to be one of the least stressful and pleasant delivery experiences we had. Amazon and CEVA both proved to us that we can buy these big ticket items without feeling like we are saving money, but going to get a second class experience in other areas.
. answered on July 26, 2008

A
votes
Even though these comments seem to be favorable to CEVA, I have had some big issues. I ordered a TV on July 27. On Aug 3rd, 4 days after scheduled delivery I find out the package has been "misplaced" and I will need to reorder. Well after about 2 hours on the phone between CEVA and Amazon I finally got the package rescheduled for delivery. Today is the 14th, the scheduled day of the re-delivery, and no TV. Now the weekend is coming and CEVA's contact hours are between 8-5 Mon-Fri. CST. I am about to my last straw with CEVA. This will be the last large purchase I make on Amazon...
J. Thach answered on August 14, 2009

A
votes
I am ordering my tv very soon and it's good to read more positive reviews about CEVA. The few negative ones I have read were nothing to complain about. They give a window of a few hours where with UPS the window is from 9-7! The last 3 times I have gotten up at 9 in the morning in order to wait for a package to come they don't get to my house until 7 or even after. The one time I slept in they arrived at 930 with a desk weighing 180 pounds and only the driver to deal with it! These were not orders from Amazon but I am looking forward to a more pleasant experience with CEVA and actually knowing where my package is.
David answered on August 5, 2008

A
votes
CEVA's Customer Care Number for the Bay Area is 1-800-833-1344. The Seattle number is 1-800-280-7270
ANIKET PATIL answered on November 29, 2009

A
votes
I received my TV yesterday from CEVA. They were extremely pleasant and extremely efficient. I think they were in my house a total of maybe 5 minutes. They unpacked the TV, and together we hooked it up to my TiVo unit. Then they took away the big empty shipping box and they were gone.

One thing to keep in mind is that they do expect to be tipped, so even though the TV is listed with free shipping, you are kind of expected to give $20 or so to the delivery guys, I think, for a service that you can easily do for yourself.

Still, dealing with CEVA was a much more pleasant experience than dealing with UPS. If nothing else, it's really nice to have an accurate idea of when to expect the delivery. I actually got the cell phone number of the delivery guy, and we managed to coordinate our arrival at my house at exactly the same time! You don't get that with UPS.
M. Trutt answered on August 5, 2008

A
votes
I have no idea what CEVA is, but it seems kind of 19th Century. My TV left Harrisonburg, Pa. (about 3 hours up I-81 from my home in Harrisonburg, Va.) on Sept. 3 and supposedly arrived in Richmond (about 2 hours east of my home) on Sept. 8. It's scheduled for delivery here on Sept. 15. In other words, assuming the tracking info is accurate, it started out 3 hours from here and is taking near 2 weeks to get here. Not that it matters, but it's odd.
Jammmick answered on September 12, 2009

A
votes
Ceva is horrible. I paid in full for a treadmill almost two weeks ago and I still haven't received it yet. It was first scheduled for delivery on October 29. I stayed home that day waiting for delivery and it never arrived. I was then informed that the delivery had been rescheduled for October 30th. I again waited all day and again in never arrived. I then checked and found out that it was yet again rescheduled to be delivered on November 2nd. I've already wasted two days for Ceva to do their jobs. I would steer clear away from any item that is delivered by Ceva and buy locally or buy from a vendor who uses a more reliable delivery service.
J. Carroll answered on October 31, 2009

A
vote
what is ceva phone or web address?
Paul Bartolotta answered on September 3, 2008

A
votes
Not impressed with Amazon/CEVA so far. My TV has an estimated delivery of today. When I track the package it says it was "scanned" in the Richmond location yesterday at 12:58pm. The status hasn't changed since yesterday and no one has called me to set up a delivery. I called Amazon who passed me to CEVA. CEVA doesn't seem to know what is going on. They said they would "EMAIL" their agent to let them know the package was here so they could call me to set up an appointment. I don't work in the delivery business but I have a hard time believing that email will be a expeditious manner to contact a delivery driver. I think there is little chance I receive the TV today as advertised. Amazon is advertising delivery by this Friday if you order today. I ordered my TV on 12/26.... I am beginning to think that I should have bought the TV at HH Gregg or Best Buy vs. Amazon.
T. Cassidy answered on January 5, 2010

A
vote
When they ship it, the delivery confirmation email should say who the carrier is.
The shipper does not install it, other than taking out of the box and plugging it in to make sure it works.
You have to arrange for professional installation yourself.
M. Clark answered on September 4, 2008
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›