Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on February 3, 2011
We just purchased a 2008 CR-V EX-L and I read that there was an air filter for the cabin. After looking this up I found this filter on Amazon and it has worked nicely. The old filter was not that dirty but because it is a used vehicle I wanted to change it. Wife and kids drive the car mostly.

Installation: (SEE PICTURES ABOVE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS)
This was ridiculously easy to install. On the 2008 CR-V you just open the glove box. On the right hand side of the glove box is a latch with a hook. Just un-hook this latch and the glove box will drop. Then just push in the top sides of the glove box and it will drop completely exposing the filter area. Now, just look up inside and you will see the filter. It is rectangle in shape and has two clips - one on the left and one on the right. Just push these clips inward and pull at the same time. The filter tray will slide out. Take the old filter out of the tray, replace with new, slide back inside and make sure you hear the clips snap. Then put the glove box back in place (reverse previous steps) and you are good to go!

PROS:
Fits perfect
Easy to install - 3 minutes tops
Charcoal/baking soda nice added feature
SAVES MONEY - Dealer fees HIGH!

CONS:
NONE
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2009
Unlike most cabin air filters, the Fresh Breeze is impregnated with carbon and baking soda to reduce odors. It is hard to tell how much difference it makes, but the price is lower than for competing name brands. Physically the filter seems to be well constructed. I don't have a fancy laboratory to do any in-depth testing, but what mortal does?

Amazon's application fitment guide for this part is messed up. I know for a fact this size fits a 2003 Honda Accord and a 2006 Acura TSX, even though Amazon says it doesn't. Check the fram.com website to get the correct number for your vehicle.
on January 12, 2009
I was told by a reputable Honda Dealer in the Dallas area that this filter would cost me $120.00 to have replaced. I bought 2 of these for both my wife and I's Honda Accords, and installed them both in less than 5 minutes time. It saved me over $200.00 to do this myself. My air conditioner is fresh now.
1010 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2014
Although the recommended service interval is three years, I replace the cabin air filter annually (usually in late fall after most of the fallen leaves are gone) because of the filter captures a lot of debris within a year. Also, I have noticed the climate control system heats up and cools off the interior faster after a new filter has been installed.

Installation is fairly straightforward and can be performed in approximately 10 minutes once you know how to access the filter housing. The included instructions were somewhat general for a variety of vehicles. The instructions were applicable for the first generation Acura TSX, and they can probably guide one through the process for their vehicle.

In my experience, the filter is slightly larger than the OEM filter, and therefore requires some manipulation and bending to squeeze the filter into the plastic frame. Next, the top and bottom pleats can be guided into the slotted channels that secure the filter element to the frame.

I am uncertain as to the efficacy of the activated carbon and baking soda for deodorizing the cabin air. I haven't noticed a difference compared to a regular filter, but I do not smell a musty odor when using the AC either.
review image review image
on February 24, 2011
I too have been told anywhere from $90-$120 by my Honda dealer to have this filter replaced. Sad thing is that I unknowingly paid such an amount ($90) as part of a 30k mile service.

Now that I know better, I tell the Honda service person up front that I do not need the cabin filter replaced...I can do it myself. Still, they never fail to recommend the filter be replaced and I kindly tell them I can do it in 5 minutes for $20. Last time it was,'Look how gray this thing is, I've never seen one so dirty'. I immediately pulled out my iPhone, pulled up this filter on Amazon, and pointed out that it is a charcoal filter and should be that color...and told them the exact date/mileage I replaced (b/c I knew this would come up).

One improvement FRAM could make is including a maintenance sticker for the cabin filter door/lid. Like one you get for oil changes. I plan to tape my own little note with such info when I replace mine in two months.
44 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2009
Better deal than dealer option. Perfect fit for our 2006 Honda Odyssey. While instructions are included in the box, steps 7 and 8 of [...] are helpful supplements.
on October 15, 2009
Works in a 2007 CR-V dealer asked for $70 for their OEM one. The build quality seems the same or better then the original filter and I'm was amazed how flippin easy it was to replace. The glove box just snaps right open, no screws or anything. Get this filter or I'll hunt you down for wasting your money! ^^
on January 5, 2012
Works great in a 2007 Acura MDX. Fits as well as OEM.

Do yourself a favor and save yourself an insane $50-175 (really, I was quoted $175 for this locally) dealer service charge for swapping out an air filter. While legitimately difficult to do in pre-2007 MDX models, 2007 and newer make this trivial and easily done without tools. Seriously, Grandma can do this with no problem. Simply open (empty it first!) your glove box, press both sides inwards and let it fall downwards. Voila! You now have access to the filter. Remove the small plastic retainer, yank the old filter, and toss thew new one in. Replace the plastic retainer and push your glove box back in until you hear the tabs click into place. You're done.

It will take you longer to empty out and re-fill the items contained in your glove box than it will to replace this filter.

As far as performance goes - I have no complaints. I can't tell a difference between these and the OEM version. Since this is about 1/5th the price of having the dealer swap it out, you can be luxurious and swap them out of a couple times a year if it makes you feel better, and still save money!
on January 8, 2012
This replaced the factory OEM cabin air filter on 2009 Honda Odyssey (40Kmi+). Since we had driven this vehicle in an area heavy with pollen & dust I decided to replace it earlier than Honda recommends.

PROs:
CHEAP. $18.44 is comparable to the Honda Stealership [Dealer] price of $26.30 plus tax for OEM filters.
FEATURES. You get carbon & baking soda to clean the air in your cabin [not in the OEM part].
EASY INSTALL. Any do-it-yourselfer can replace this part with minimum tools.
SAVES MONEY. The Stealership will charge you $200+ to replace this $18 part that takes less than 15 minutes to install.

CONs:
None at this time.

NOTES: Be careful when removing your glovebox in the Odyssey, the two side clips holding it in have little plastic tabs that can break easily. Most likely those plastic tabs would be more than the cost of this filter. The factory original cabin air filter was FILTHY with over 6 intact insects embedded into it, including a dryed-out yellow jacket. So these filters do work! If you have Amazon prime you can save some money buying parts online instead of driving around town & paying tax at the stealerships.
on September 6, 2012
This was as advertised. I ordered it for my 2006 Honda Civic EX. Installed in 5 minutes. My airflow is back to normal.

It takes longer to empty your glovebox that it does to replace the filter.