Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 6.5 inch|Style Name: 250 watt max. 2-way|Change

on November 27, 2007
Just to clarify, you get TWO SPEAKERS with this and any other Boss speaker item on the site (besides subs). I don't know what the other reviewer was thinking. He said they sound alright and "you get what you pay for" but he gave them 1 star? And he complained that he got two instead of one? Anyway...

These speakers sound great. I hooked them up directly to my head (a Sony aftermarket radio) and for a first timer I installed them myself in my little Honda hatchback in a couple of hours with a dremel (the first one took an hour an a half, after that I knew what I was doing so it was a breeze). They look really nice and can handle highs and mids real well, the bass gets a little iffy on higher volumes but hey, that's what subs are for. Less than ten bucks per speaker. You can't complain. I'm definitely sticking with Boss when I buy my amp and sub.

PS: If your car has a red theme going on, these look really nice.
55 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2015
They are not Bose, Sony, Kicker, JL Audio, they are Boss. 18 Dollar speakers. I purchased 2 sets of these to put in my 17 year old daughter's first car (99 Nissan Altima) front and back to replace the blown factory speakers and they worked and fit perfectly fine. I am not going to spend big money on my kid's stereo system. They need to play sound simply put, and they sound pretty darn good, not great but good. It is a really cool looking speaker to boot. The wires running to the mid and highs have some exposure and are a little flimsy looking but the speakers are covered in the Altima by door panels and the rear deck cover. They fit the 99 Altima very well with the factory placement. I did have to cut off 2 tiny plastic nubs on each side of the door factory speaker mounts. All it took was a box knife to cut them clean and the speakers fit right up. They come with extra long speaker wires, most of which you will not need and positive and negative terminals that only a fool could mix up (They are different sizes) and the terminals are also labeled. They also provide mounting screws in the box if you need them.
review image
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have to admit I was never a big fan of BOSS... anything..I ordered some of there stuff years ago when they first came out and I was not impressed...after today, I may change the way I think about BOSS now. I ordered these BOSS Audio CH6930 Chaos Exxtreme for my wife's 2000 civic. I had already installed a new Sony head unit and 2 new Sony 6 1/2 's in the doors. Still it didnt have a very full sound. So I found these. After reading tons of reviews and not wanting to drop more than 50 on another pair of speakers, I rolled the dice on them. It was an easy install on the Civic and after about 30 minutes I had them up and running. Immediately I noticed a huge difference from the stock speakers. I sat there and flipped through a variety of songs and was actually quite impressed. Are they the best? Probably not the best. Do they sound good? Yes they do...Even at pretty loud levels they stood up and didnt crack out like others I have installed. At 150 watts rms I don't have any issues with these as I am only running the stock 52 x 4 watt rms head unit. I thought about installing a small 100 watt rms amp I have laying around but it really didnt need it. Maybe if I was pushing a sub in there it might need it to maintain equal levels of lows, mids and highs. After messing with the head unit settings for about 5 minutes I got the full sound I wanted from the entire system. They look nice however that wasn't a concern for me as they are mounted in a stock location where they aren't seen but if you wanted to mount these in a box they do come with covers which look pretty cool and will protect your shiney new speakers. The terminals feel a bit cheap and flimsy, so be careful installing your wires. But for a budget set of speakers that's almost to be expected.

As of right now I am giving the BOSS Audio CH6930 Chaos Exxtreme a 5 star rating. I do review a lot on amazon so if anything changes I will be back to let you know. But right now..I will suggest you check these out if you are looking for a decent speaker that won't break your bank. Now lets see how long they last.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments. I will respond. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
44 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2014
Really good speakers for a really good price. They have excellent sound. I would buy again if I needed any!!!!!!!!
on November 22, 2011
I have owned several sets of these speakers, and whenever i do an install on mine or anyone else's vehicle, i always recommend these. They are a great price and they sound fantastic as well, a large improvement over stock. Well, actually, anything is better than speakers with the thickness and consistency of a sheet of paper, but you get what I'm saying. They aren't Bose or anything, but for $30 it's by far a great value for most folks. I'm a musician and am fairly critical about music quality (but not critical enough to spend $200 on a pair of speakers lol) and I think these are quite above par. Add a small amplifier (I usually use a small 100 watt x 4, also Boss Audio) and a small subwoofer to the mix and you got the recipe for some great sounding tunes. By adding a small amp, even if you don't listen to it loud, you are going to get more clarity and better bass response even at lower levels.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2011
I INSTALLED FOUR OF THE IN A HONDA ACCORD IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. WOW WHAT A GREAT SOUND. QUALITY. JUST FANTASTIC.
on December 21, 2011
Excellent value for the price. Great speakers, used them for a factory replacement. These are great speakers! I will buy these again!
on October 31, 2015
I used these in my 96 ford escort to replace the two front door speakers, and the two hatchback speakers. The original speakers in there were plain horrible. You couldn't turn the volume up to any normal listening level without static. I didn't need anything special like Bose, so these $40 (front pair and back pair total) would work just fine. Installing these though was kind of a pain in the a**. I had to take the door panel off about 5 times because something always kept going wrong. But that's probably because it was my first time ever installing speakers by myself and having little guidance. But i got them to work finally. The base is alright, and the volume blows my old speakers out of the park. Very pleased with my purchase. Now if you're looking for some high end speakers, obviously look elsewhere, but these are great for my little hatchback.
on September 28, 2011
I got these for my two front doors and since I installed them I have a surround sound effect. They produce alot of bass for small speakers, though that's not the reason I bought them. I wanted them more for mids and they do a fine job with that too.
on July 2, 2015
arrived today and sound good for being budget speakers compared to others. installed a 300hz bass blocker to take out some of the bass because these cannot handle to much. they sound good, if you need all round replacement speakers with a little kick then these are for you. if you want higher loud power music with a big system then look else where, but for a small daily driver these will do fine. i have these in the back and the 6 1/2 in the front also on 400hz bass blockers running off my head unit with 22 watts rma each. Im using one 12 inch lanzar max pro in the back powered by 330 watts @ 2ohm. with a little tuning and adjustments with the bass blockers and head units eq, i have a nice sounding budget system. keep rocking guys.

bass blockers i used: