4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!
I have to say these speakers sound GREAT in the back of my '04 Dodge Stratus SXT.

Mounted easy, fits just right. The speaker wire sucks, so I'll be getting some real wires soon.

Highs are excellent and the bass is unreal. I was gonna install a "10 sub, but there's no need. These speakers really thump.

I hooked just these speakers to the...
Published on February 22, 2011 by olds_cool63

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok
Published on June 23, 2011 by MM32

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Boss CH6994 Chaos Series 6 x 9-Inch 4-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)

I hooked just these speakers to the Pyramid PB180PX 4-Channel 300-Watt Pro Plus Amplifier that I bought along with them.

The amp really pushes these speakers and they can handle it just fine.

Definitely not the best speakers in the world, but for the price of $22.38, far from the worst.

I got a really good deal and I can't complain.

Nuff said.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, June 23, 2011
I replaced my stock 6x9's with these speakers. First impression-you guessed it-cheap wires. Ok, let me word it better..the cheapest/smallest wires I've ever seen. This set is in the rear of the car, and they seem slightly underpowered and when I fade to the back, their is an obvious difference in volume and sound quality compared to my pioneers up front. Look, these are basic speakers, probably better than a new stock speaker, but not much. If you need something super affordable and are willing to take the time to remove and install, go for it. If I did it over again, I'd personally spend $20-30 more and be thorougly happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars good sound and value, February 4, 2012
For the money good speakers for the money, but the speaker wire of light poor grade quality. Buy yourself cable when ordereing these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Cheap Speakers, December 15, 2011
Well delivery was a little ehhh since it came through prestige. I'd rather see if come through UPS. However for my first buy from amazon can't complain.

Now the speakers are really attractive. I liked how they did come with a grill you can install on them and that is going to be the plan. Just have to cut the carpet and what not in the rear window area to get the grill to fit. The sound quality isn't to bad but since me and my friend hooked up the polarities wrong I don't get to hear to much. I have to fix that and I'm sure the speakers will sound great. Now the speaker wire that comes with this is ehhh, could be higher quality to actually work with the stock wire and not slip and what not. I have to say it was a great buy for cheap speakers and can tell I will enjoy their use. I haven't had any crackle from them of any type.

The picture of the speaker is a little misleading. It shows the cone as a blueish green when it fact its a solid gray color but still the speakers are nice. If your going to mount them with your stock mounting brackets you should be aware the magnet on these speakers is bigger then your stocks. Your definantly going to have to tink with the bracket to get the bad guy to fit.

Also I don't suggest you get these if you are wanting a powerful system this is something just for starters and to replace blown stock speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend these!!, November 28, 2011
These speakers are excellent for the money. Money well spent! Would recommened these to anyone! They sound wonderful in my truck!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME peaker for price!, November 22, 2011
I bought these to replace the rear speakers in my 1998 Honda Civic 4 door sedan lx. They were totally blown. I bought these on a whim (and the cust reviews) and all I can say is WOW!. The speakers thump. Granted, they are cheapies and were like $20 bucks, buck after not hearing any sound from the rear of my car for God knows how long now, these are great. SUPER easy install. Only bad things is that the wires are JUNK. VERY thin. Again, oh well, what do you want from a $20 bucks pair of speakers?!?!?! I am very happy with my purchase. IF you are looking to really improves your sound system, DO NO buy these. These are just a nice replacement for stock/blown/junk speakers...

4.0 out of 5 stars Y Not To Bad, February 13, 2011
Well I bought a beater(honda accord) and all the speakers where blown so I was looking for something pretty cheap to thrown inside of it. I was really impressed by these speakers, there all around a great speaker for the price. I bought the set of 6x9 and 6.5 and for $40 you can't beat that price and still have good sound quality. Recommended if your looking for something basic

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound for the price, June 1, 2012
I purchased these to put into small 6x9 boxes. They sound great and I couldn't ask for more. I bought 4 thinking that they would not be loud enough but I was very mistaken. I have 2 left over that we never use. They have good bass and overall above average sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice low-priced speakers, February 20, 2012
I used these Boss Chaos 4-way speakers in the front doors of my '99 Dodge quad-cab. They sound great and fit into the factory openings in the doors. I replaced the complete factory-installed Infinity sound system with a Boss BV7330 receiver, Boss 4-way 6x9" speakers (front) and Boss 3-way 5.25" speakers (rear). The poly injection cones in the Boss speakers should stand up to the weather much better than the paper cones of the factory-installed speakers. The speaker wire supplied with speakers was very thin. I did not end up using it because I was able to reuse the thicker factory speaker cabling.

I have been very pleased with the sound quality of these speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of kicking bass for not much money, August 31, 2011
I bought these to replace the disintegrating subwoofers in the rear deck of my 2000 Grand Am; the factory speakers were made of paper and sunlight had caused the cones to break up. These are fairly well made for low cost speakers. The frame is pressed steel but is rigid and doesn't flex. The included grills are garish silver, but I didn't use them for my installation. To install these Boss speakers in place of factory speakers I had to remove the clips from the factory brackets and use the supplied screws. Point one - the supplied screws have heads that are too small and slip through the speaker mounting holes; I used some washers to back the screws up. I also had to enlarge the opening in the rear deck since these have much bigger magnets than the factory speakers. Point two - the supplied speaker wire is a joke; I was able to snap it with bare hands. I didn't use the Boss "wire," instead I cut the factory connectors off and used crimp-on speaker terminals. I have these speakers installed on the factory subwoofer amplifier (about 120 watts max) and they pound. With the factory EQ set flat and the fader centered, there is enough bass to make the entire rear deck, trunk lid and spare tire well vibrate (some dampening material would help I'm sure). The bass tends to drown out everything else, so I have the three low frequency controls turned down a lot. These speakers have a fairly tight bass sound when the levels are reduced; drums sound fairly lifelike and you can tell the difference between snare, tom and kick drums easily. Bass guitar riffs are clear and you can follow the scale fairly well; reggae bass lines are very pleasant to listen to. I don't know about midrange and highs, since the factory amp filters everything above about 150Hz out.

The bottom line - if you want some cheap bass, these will get the job done, and then some.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›