5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Adorable - LOVE!
Published on October 30, 2012 by Josh & Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than stellar
Published 23 months ago by Pocahontas

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Adorable - LOVE!, October 30, 2012
Josh & Laura (Mandeville, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHAREX® Women Wool Blends Coat Slim Trench Winter Coat Long Jacket Outwear (Apparel)
I actually purchased this coat from the same company on a different site (an auction site, if you know which I mean), and it took a few weeks to get to me, but it was absolutely worth the wait. I ordered the lighter pink color, and it's truly gorgeous. The pink is not a childish pink, but a true, sweet pink (I hope that makes sense). It's beautifully sewn, fully lined, and quite warm. The little bow with polka-dots was not especially pleasing to the eye in real life as it lies very "floppily." It is attached with a little safety pin, so it's easily removed. I actually removed the bow and sprayed it with Aleene's Stiffen Quik 8 Ounce, shaped it, and it dried into a lovely, stiff bow. I now wear the bow attached to the coat, but it looks just as lovely without the bow.

Word to the wise: SIZE UP!! The sizes in China are much smaller in general, so a "large" there is not what is considered "large" here. For reference, I typically wear a small/medium in coats/blazers/jackets/cardigans/etc., and I ordered TWO sizes up; I ordered an XXL in Chinese sizing, which corresponds to Large (on the small side) in U.S. sizing.

In all honesty, after owning this coat for a full year now, I would have HAPPILY paid twice their asking price; it's truly a STEAL at the current price of $80.

I hope this helps someone who might be on the fence about this coat. :)

-Laura

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Jacket, December 16, 2012
Lovely coat, everything I wanted. Arrived even sooner than anticipated... NOTE: I am five foot seven, one twenty. I ordered a Large, and it fits well, so be sure to scope out the sizes carefully before ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an adorable little coat!, January 25, 2013
I am usually a US size small so I ordered their size large. Fits just fine. It's maybe a tad loose, but it still looks amazing on me! I am 5'4" and 115lbs. Measurements of approx 35-26-36. I highly recommend this coat! The bow is a cute addition. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than stellar, February 12, 2013
This coat looks beautiful online....however in really life the quality is not as nice. Allow me to explain...I believe the coat is made well but the wool looks extremely cheap, like maybe it was made from fake wool if there is such a thing. Also the sizing is very different in China. I wear a size small which is a large in China. If you order, please go two sizes up. I say this because with a winter coat, people usually bundle up...well to be comfortable with this size I can only wear a thin sweater or one layer...I wore a cami and a turtleneck today and when I crossed my arms, I thought I was going to become my own version of the Incredible Hulk and split the seams in the back... The collar is so cute and I like the coat and the price but I don't feel like my coat looks expensive :(

Anyway my only other complaint is how it was shipped to me. My coat was folded into the shape of a small throw pillow, wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped to me like that.....clear bubble wrap. No box or nothing!!!! Also my coat reeked of cigarette smoke like it was stored in a pall mall smoking factory....I can't get rid of the smell. Now I have to go get my brand new coat dry cleaned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bow is just a ribbon, (you have to tie and pin it yourself) :/, December 13, 2012
mxtime "mxtime" (You dont want to know...) - See all my reviews
The bow (which my wife thought was the cutest part of the coat comes as a Long floppy piece of silk-like ribbon.
I had to cut it and tie it into a bow and use a safety pin to put it on the jacket. I think it is made to tie around the neck based on how long the ribbon was. Anyhow other than that the Coat is really warm according to my wife. She Got a complement from someone the first night she wore it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful coat, January 12, 2013
Love the style and fit of coat.beautiful Note that this coat is described as a trench which means it is thin and will not keep you warm inwinter.perfect for spring and winter day with 60 degree temp. Use the bow as a fancy bow for belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Coat! Size Up!, February 12, 2013
If you wear a US Large, you maybe SOL on this coat. Being of the thicker Asian Persuasian, I wear a US Medium and purchased the XXL and it was just right. A little tight on the shoulders and back but just don't be stretching out in the coat. For the price, it is of good quality and shipping was fast. Disappointed with how the bow came. You have to tie it yourself and attach it to the coat with your own pin. Also one of the button holes was sewn shut so had to take a knife to the coat to cut open the button slit. I'm looking forward to wearing it this spring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it., February 2, 2014
It stinks to high heaven when it arrives. Try to air it out, and your whole place will stink. (I feel very sorry for the people who breathe this air over in China!) Like others have noted, the ribbon is just a plain, flat ribbon, for you to attach or shape and spray in place. Why 5 stars? I washed it in the washing machine on the permanent press mode with unscented 7th generation detergent, and there was no trace of stink. I wear it without the ribbon (for now). It fits like a glove! The currently posted measurements were right on for me. I ordered a size small. The coat fits over two layers (tight undershirt and blazer for work). In US sizes, I wear an XS or 0. The coat is SO cute. I bought it in red. I'm thinking of buying it in other colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy for my wife, December 11, 2013
I got this for my wife. She loved it and so does everyone who see its on her. She looks like a, million bucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trench coat, October 24, 2013
It is a beautiful coat and the packaging is not bad but this item runs a bit small. I bought it as a gift for a wonderful friend I met. It was a bit tight but she absolutely adored it. It was her favorite color as well. I would recommend this but to obtain a bigger size.