5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done!
I really like this strainer set. It seems I use one or another of the pieces every day. They fit in the top rack of the dishwasher, or they handwash easily. If you are looking for a set of strainers, these are the ones!
Published on July 7, 2009 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but questionable construction...
Published on June 1, 2010 by Homeowner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but questionable construction..., June 1, 2010
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
This strainer set was the best value of all that I looked at money wise. However, you know what they say... You get what you pay for. The second or third time I put some food (veggies) of descent weight in the large strainer one of the welds popped off. Now it's fastened with two welds on each side, so it didn't break or anything, but it could have been a little more solid. I am going to put some JB Cold Weld on the joint and don't anticipate any more problems.

Just thought I'd give you all the heads up. By and large I am happy with the purchase, since I can fix them up a bit. If you are the not type to want to deal with that, then you may want to pass. Happy Cooking!

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, March 26, 2011
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
I purchased this strainer set because it appeared to be a great value. I definitely got what I paid for. This set is made in China and is cheaply constructed. I quickly sent it back for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done!, July 7, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Mighty Convenient ..., January 12, 2012
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
These fine mesh strainers are the answer to prayer for anyone who enjoys making completely velveteen purees and silken custards. When I first bought them, I figured it was overkill, that I'd never use more than the largest and perhaps, the next size down from time to time. However, I have found that when it comes to kitchen tools, 'having' inspires use. In a matter of just a week of normal cooking and baking, I had used all sizes at least twice.

Each strainer's wire mesh is very firmly sealed to the round, metal frame, so the strainer can withstand a bit of pressing when, say, you're squeezing the last drop of goodness out of cooked tomatoes or a richly-seasoned mirepoix. Another nice feature is the handles. They're strong, and yet their open design cuts down on the possibility of the handles getting, well yes ... too hot to handle. (Okay, I promise. I'll never do it again.)

There are a number of "knock-offs" that copy the look and feel of this strainer set a bit, but on closer inspection, they're not usually as well made as CHEFS. For my money, this is the set to buy, and trust me, you'll use every one of them ... even the tiny, teenie, and totally darling little tea strainer.

Happy Cooking. ACD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well constructed, January 9, 2012
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
I ordered this for myself, having wanted a set of various size strainers and except for the fact that the mesh on the largest strainer was not sealed within the metal rim, they've been fine. But I was annoyed that the mesh on the largest strainer was obviously loose/disconnected when I first used it. You would think someone would have noticed when they manufactured the set, or when it was packaged for shipping. Otherwise, these are fine strainers. No rust after a significant amount of use and no other manufacturing flaws. Yes, I could have sent the set back but what a pain, and I didn't notice it at first and therefore didn't save the shipping information or box, etc, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves them, February 10, 2010
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
My wife always wanted a set of strainers and I had to ask her for her opinion about these strainers. She said she loves them, they are sturdy and easy to work with because of the design. They were reasonably priced and shipped expeditiously. As far as I am concerned, if my wife loves them, I'm a winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great strainers but not good sifters, August 6, 2011
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
I bought this product for straining and sifting. I think they are well-made and work great as strainers but the mesh is too fine to be of any use as sifters, like it shows in the picture. Now I am still searching for a good sifter...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, January 28, 2014
Meghan Swails (Canal Winchester, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
It has been a few months since this purchase and we still love these strainers. No rusting yet with regular use and dishwashing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strainers, January 8, 2014
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
These are as advertised, great strainers that provide what you need when you need it. Excellent strainers! If strainers are what you need, get these!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value, November 16, 2013
This review is from: CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set
I love the versatility in sizes with these strainers. They are well built and do the job expected. There is nothing fancy here, just shear utility.

CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set