5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensory input
Published on October 28, 2011 by Ashley

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue Cross the Best
All of the T shaped cheweys were chewed up in no time. The cross has lastest the longest and would recomend that one many times over.
Published 18 months ago by Brian Webb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensory input, October 28, 2011
This review is from: CHEWY TUBES CHEW STIXX COMBO MULTIPLE TEXTURES FOR SENSORY / ORAL (Health and Beauty)
My son chews. He chews his shirts, his sleeves, his fingers, his toys, his straws, etc. It has gotten worse lately so I decided to get him some chewy things that aren't for babies. (he is almost 5) I hope it won't get to the point where he has to take them to school, but for now these are working well at home. And they seem to give him some of the sensory input he needs too. I got this 5 pack because it was a terrific value and I didn't know what kind would work best. He loves the blue "X" chewy stick the best. He tried the others, but didn't stick with them long. He did figure out the tubes (not the X style) whistle, and we were in the car on a long car ride. It wasn't so loud it was annoying and I figured the blowing is also sensory so why make a big deal out of it - maybe he needs that kind of input as well. The X style one has several textures, is harder, and he has 2 longer sides to hold onto/twist/bend, etc. He even tried to put 2 sides in his mouth at once (which I am sure is a choking hazard) and I had to stop him. My stars may not be great - because of the categories they ask for - educational and fun (this is not that type of toy), but this is a great product and we need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for biters, June 7, 2010
Both of my children have sensory integration disorder and we keep one of these for each in the car, my purse and in their school pencil box. They have withstood a lot of dishwasher trips and chewing and seem to help calm my children down and keeps them from wrecking their toys by chewing on them. They like the varity this combo offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensory kids!, August 7, 2011
Booklovingal (NUNEATON, Warks, GB) - See all my reviews
My son has sensory processing disorder and was constantly chewing on things (his toys, his shirt collar, the outside of his binkie, everything!) and I bought the yellow chewy tube and its been great! Its really durable and holds up to lots of toddler chewing and pulling and is just the right size. I was a little apprehensive about buyting it b/c I was nervous he would use the long piece and put it down his throat and gag, but its not long enough so that was a relief! I only have the yellow tube, but I may get his whole set since the one I have works so well!! Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars builds oral strength and tolerance -- great for oral aversion!, December 16, 2010
My daughter had severe oral aversion from birth; she'd been intubated dozens of times and had a horrible cleft palate repair surgery. She has a G Tube and never learned to eat by mouth until age 2. That said -- these things are great. Our speech therapist spritzes a candy spray she got from Walmart on it to flavor it and my daughter gnaws the junk out of these. Builds oral strength and tolerance!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, March 7, 2014
we use these for my daughter and they work out very nice. Long lasting and very durable
especially for a seven year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars these are life savers, February 12, 2014
these are awesome things to have for any child with a sensory oral motor issue. My son uses his daily. Love, Love, Love these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 18, 2014
These are a great size for discrete oral sensory use. Vibrant colors are attractive to those with sight challenges. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Therapeutic purpose, February 3, 2014
April in ATX "AMAC" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
My youngest child is developmentally delayed, and the speech therapist recommended these for her therapy. They shipped very quickly and she seems to enjoy the textures of them. Also if you blow into them just the right way, she can make them whistle, which is fun and exciting to an 18 month old.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHewy tubes, January 22, 2014
Our granddaughter uses these to improve mouth muscle tone and help with speech and decrease saliva. They work really well for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for oral stimulation, December 27, 2013
We got this set for our daughter who has sensory processing issues, especially with oral stim. She'll chew on anything, even metal (horror). She loves these because they provide the right mouth feel and give her a good mouth workout.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›