4.0 out of 5 stars Hair actually looks better
Published on March 20, 2007 by LK

Purchased this hair dryer six months ago and the heating element failed. Pretty short lifespan for a dryer. Called mfg. and was told warranty is VOID if purchased online (I confirmed this on Chi's website) and they also stated Amazon is not an authorized retailer. Amazon made good on the warranty after a few phone calls and sent a replacement unit.

This...
Published on October 5, 2009 by Avo Domaine

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair actually looks better, March 20, 2007
LK (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHI Pro Hair Ceramic Dryer, Black/Silver, 2.45 lb. (Health and Beauty)
My hairstylist recommended this hair dryer--it is the one she uses on my hair at the salon. My hair always looks better after she styles it--and I use the same shampoo and brush that she does--that meant it was time to invest in the dryer. The dryer is pretty quiet and light. Seems like it is made well enough--must be since my stylist has been using it everyday (multiple times) for more than 3 years. I looked at upgrading since there are newer CHI's out there--but this one was cheaper and I knew for sure that it would do a good job. I don't regret not getting one of their fancier more powerful models--I'm not trying to fry my hair, just dry and shape it. After my other professional hairdryer died (did a good job--but got crushed in an accident), I began using a $20 cheapie--what a mistake. When people tell you that all hairdryers are the same, it is because they don't really know. My research has indicated that CHI is only brand on the market with full ceramic components--not just ceramic coated. I really didn't want to spend all this money--but my hair actually looks much better and others have noticed. I would recommend this dryer--it was worth the price to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 6 months and mfg. warranty is void if purchased from Amazon., October 5, 2009

This warranty exclusion applies to all Farouk Systems products according to the mfg. I'm sure Amazon will honor the existing warranties but be prepared for a little extra work if your unit fails.

5.0 out of 5 stars hair dryer, April 15, 2008
C. Williams (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
After purchasing numerous dryers and returning them for various reasons, my hairdresser recommended this one as she bought one. I love it. It is low on noise. Others I tried were so loud they hurt my ears while I was drying my hair. It does not blow too hard, blowing your hair all over the place. It seems to dry it faster and reduces the frizziness. The heat is hot enough but not so hot it burns your face or scalp. Lastly, it is not too heavy. I bought one for my daugher also, and she really likes it. Hopefully it will last a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Real or Knock Off - You should know this!, January 29, 2010
Jane Gray (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was very interested in buying a good hairdryer and started reading the reviews on this particular hairdryer. I was alarmed at the number and the content of the reviews that said that Farouk wouldn't honor a warranty claim on a hairdryer that didn't work so, I went directly to Farouk's website and contacted them through their contact email asking as much. Their response was very quick and here it is (from Nancy Garcia at Farouk):
Ms Gray,

FAROUK Systems does not authorize our products to be sold on-line. We cannot guarantee any products sold on-line are true
CHI products. You may purchase our items at any one of our authorized retailers or salons. I am attaching a copy of our
return policy that gives you further details.

Nancy L. Garcia
Customer Service Returns Represenative
Farouk Systems Group

So bottom line: Buyer beware. Maybe these are not authentically Farouk products?? But here's the interesting thing ---Amazon explicitly states on the product page that this product is ONLY covered for 30 days (read on)!!!!

Product Description
The CHI PRO Hair Dryer is the latest in Advanced American Technology. This lightweight quiet dryer utilizes Ceramic Technology, Negative Ions, Far Infrared and Low EMF. CHI PRO Hair Dryer includes the CHI Diffuser. All CHI products that are purchased Direct from Amazon.com are covered by a 30 day Amazon warranty. This item is not covered by the manufacture warranty. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace or Auctions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional and Saves (a bit) on Electricity Costs, August 16, 2007
JAC "jjaacc" (Port Charlotte, FL) - See all my reviews
I was skeptical that this 1300 watt dryer would do the job of typical 1850 watt models but the CHI does an excellent job -- even with the heat setting switched off. Although this is the most expensive hair dryer I've purchased, I'm totally satisfied with the results so far. Excellent build quality and perfect size makes it well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chi Dryer Smooths and Softens Hair, July 11, 2007
My stylist uses this Chi dryer at the salon, and I always attributed my end results there to her skill, and not the hair dryer. However, she encouraged me to try a Chi dryer, and I couldn't be happier with the results. The Chi dryer smooths out split ends and damage and gives the hair a softer appearance. Amazon's price with free shipping can't be beat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous hair dryer, May 30, 2007
EBH (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I've heard that a good hair dryer makes a big difference but never really believed it. Found the Farouk CHI 1300 on sale and decided to try it. My hair dries faster, is smoother, shinier, and I really can notice the difference over my old Conair and Revlon driers. If you can find it on sale, definitely buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful dryer, but no less frizz., February 1, 2007
I was very curious to try this, and got it for Xmas. It blows a lot of intense heat, at first I was overwhelmed. My drying time is decreased, yes, but I have to be just as careful to control frizz as I did with my old $14 dryer by Conair. My hair is very curly and about medium weight. I do wish there was at least one more level of heat control. High is very high, and low is very low. I am still in search of my dream hair dryer....

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after six weeks!!, January 30, 2009
I purchased this product late Nov., hoping I bought something that would last a very long time considering the high price of this dryer. The hair dryer worked great at first; then just today it started to die out on me....I noticed the plug was extremely warm. I tried it a few hours later and it was completely dead. The warranty is not valid for purchases made over the internet, so I guess I'm out $80!!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more friz!, November 18, 2008
I thought $80 was a lot to spend on a dryer, but after reading other reviews I thought maybe it would be worth it. And it is! The dryer is lightweight and super quiet. I didn't have any problems with the attachments either. The best part is that my hair doesn't look like I dried it with a flame-thrower. It's shiny and soft with no friz and my hair is rather wavy and thick, plus is regularly colored. I'd definitely suggest you buy this!