2,959 Reviews
 (1,502)

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT HAIR FOREVER!!
Published on September 3, 2005 by Melaka Fray

931 of 1,010 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON!
Published on September 26, 2006 by E. Odom

931 of 1,010 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON!, September 26, 2006
This review is from: CHI Ceramic Hairstyling 1-Inch Iron, Black (Health and Beauty)
I loved my CHI! But when it broke four months after I had paid for it, I found out some bad news. The one year warranty is VOID if you buy it from Amazon, because they are not an authorized dealer!So now I have to buy a new one or pay to have mine fix, which will take from 3-5 WEEKS! Amazon really needs to tell their customers warranty is void when they buy it, because Amazon WILL NOT REPLACE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT HAIR FOREVER!!, September 3, 2005
I just bought a chi.. this chi to be exact. It's the goddess of all flat irons. I had a cheap Wal Mart hair iron. I used to have to wash my hair, take it into section, blow dry w/ a round brush THEN go over every piece of hair w/ my cra**y flat iron, again and again. And when I went outside, if it was rainy or humid, forget it, my hair would fuzz out all over again. I don't have curly curly hair more like really thick, frizzy, wavy sorta curly but not hair. Totally NOT cute. With the chi, my hair is super soft and looks like I was born with perfectly straight beautiful shiny hair. HA! Now I shower, towel dry and take the chii to it. It takes about 15 min. STAYS ALL DAY LONG and feels really great. I don't even need to use any anti frizz serum or anything like that. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, February 11, 2008
Yes, I tried to return this product and they informed me that it was fake too. I bought a new one and compared it to the Internet one and they were different.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great! and I'm not an expert doing my hair..., November 20, 2006
I got it and couldn't wait to use it, so the first time I used it my hair looks great. People at work notice the difference. They thought I went to the Beauty Salon. There is a world of difference between a cheap one and THE CHI. Ok, so for the "no warranty issue", Amazon sells it for $94.00, other places sell it for $135.00. If you have a problem with it you can mail it along with $35.00 and they will fix or replace (per the website), so I took the risk, and anyway, the warranty is only for a year, so after that you have to pay the extra $35.00 if it breaks. Mine works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 3, 2005
This is the best flat iron ever!!! As an black female using this I can go longer without getting a perm. Every female should own one!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 18, 2008
I have struggled to get the hang out of my cheap flat iron for my wedge/bob hairstlye. Well, struggle no more! this iron is awesome and fast. It beats the 'cheapies' hands down. I also like it because it is thin! I thought (in my ignorance) using a larger iron would be easier, but not so. Its much easier to use this one. Plus... It comes in a limited edition pink style if you like that sort of thing (which I do). I also love this iron because its really easy to curl the ends of your hair. Just twist and go.

Make sure to use some product to protect your hair and be careful with it! You can burn your ears, neck and hands -It's HOT!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product/Customer Service lacking, September 19, 2005
I purchased the "set" from my salon that included the BioSilk products, along with the flat iron. Love the products, love the flat iron. However, after some time, the indicater light on the iron started flickering and the unit would lose heat. Eventually, the cord sparked at the clamp end and nearly caught my hair on fire. I have left several messages with Farouk's customer service and have not had a return call. I was given info to return my iron for "repair" by the local distributor, but I would truly like to hear from Farouk to discuss. For the money ($180 for the set) I think this flat iron should have lasted me years and due to the defect, should be replaced without cost to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare yourself for a totally new you., February 5, 2006
If you're tired of the curls and waves in your hair and want to go for a dramatic, straight look, the Farouk Ceramic Iron is for you. It works like a dream and you won't be able to stop touching your hair because it's hard to beleive it could feel so wonderfully smooth and healthy with such little effort. If you have tried to get a sleek look by yanking your hair with a blow dryer and brush, this will save you a world of time and produce far better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Pain, April 23, 2005
Kelly Thompson "geek" (Church Point, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
I had been using a regular old Conair flat iron for about a year or two. While the flat iron worked well for me during the winter months when the Louisiana humidity wouldn't act up, I didn't bother to waste my time with it during the rest of the year because as soon as I'd step outside, my naturally curly hair would resort back to it's natural form.
Last year I was given the CHI model as a gift and let's just say that I "donated" the Conair model. I'm not the kind of person to follow with celebrity trends, but there is a reason why this flat iron is so popular with the "elite," if you will.
It takes up half the time my old Conair model did in heating up. Hell, I can get my hair done in less time with the Chi than it would take for my old flat iron to heat up! My hair is soft, shiny, and it doesn't look or feel like I'm putting it through a torture chamber.
I was raised to believe that it is rude to ask someone how much money they may have spent on a personal gift. My cousin owns a Chi flat iron and slipped the price one day during a conversation. While I am shocked that it cost that much money, I can only tell the fellow curly haired, humidity suffering people that this flat iron is worth every single penny!
Now my only complaint with the flat iron is the heat. I actually had to flat iron my hair with gloves on a few times because my hair would get so hot after running it through the flat iron. The blister on my fingers from the heat should be a warning to the accident prone, but when I walk out of the house in the morning and return home at night with my hair not in a curl frenzy, it's well worth it. I guess you could say pain is love.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - breaks easily and no warranty, September 22, 2008
Miss Neatnik (Evanston, IL USA) - See all my reviews
**Edit: Someone posted a comment on my review saying that Amazon replaced theirs, so I emailed Amazon and they are sending a free replacement. Hooray for Amazon, Boo for Farouk. I'm still skeptical about the quality of these since there are so many reports of the irons breaking.
.........

I bought this about 5 month ago and have only used it a few times but it is already broken- won't turn on. Unfortunately, when you buy their product from Amazon, Farouk does not honor the warranty. From the comments and numerous other reviewers saying theirs broke within the first year, I would say that these are expensive but not very well made.

I will be buying another brand to replace this one. Shame on you, Farouk! I'll never buy another one of your products!

CHI Ceramic Hairstyling 1-Inch Iron, Black