5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, easy to use, worth the money

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE
Published 23 months ago by googlebug47

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, easy to use, worth the money, December 16, 2010
E. Koehler "Isabelle" (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHI Ionic Low EMF Professional Hair Dryer, Designer Chameleon (Misc.)
I really love this blow dryer. I used to have a Revlon blow dryer. It boasted 1875 watts, ceramic, ionic, and light-weight as well. However, I could definitely tell the difference between the two. The CHI blow dries in half the time! And that's using medium heat, not even full power heat! It's not the lightest blow dryer in the world, but the power it has is great!

The buttons are what convinced me to buy this dryer over a less expensive CHI dryer. The button placement is good and the ease at which you can change/turn them on/off is great. I have had blow dryers that you literally had to put down just to turn on and off. Some I've used were even so hard to move that you had to use a towel because your wet fingers wouldn't allow you to change them. These are by far the best/easiest buttons I've ever used. There is low & high air, three levels of heat for the air and a cold air button. These options are easy to change back and forth and they are great because I hate burning my ears and neck when I blow dry on the high heat.

I love a good concentrator on a blow dryer because I have thick curly hair that I want straight. My only problem with this concentrator is that it's clear plastic and very difficult to remove. Luckily I don't need to ever take it off. But it's hard to turn it so it faces different directions. I wish they had made it a solid purple or silver instead of this cheap, crappy clear.

The cord on this is heavy duty and pretty long.

I already own a CHI straightener, which I used to have to use after I blow dried each piece of hair. After blow drying with this dryer I didn't have to go over my hair with the straightener at all! It made my hair so smooth.

Overall, I highly recommend a CHI blow dryer and if you're looking for easy to use buttons I'd go with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE, August 15, 2012
I have never written a product review before, but I wish I had known what I know now before I purchased this item. Although it works well, it is not durable at all. I purchased one on vacation and noticed that I could see it spark inside by the buttons when I switched it off. I immediately returned the item to my local store for a replacement. The new one did the exact same thing! I called the company, and they told me that the best option would be to return it to the store. If you want to use the warranty, you have to pay $15 to get a replacement. You also need to have the original receipt for them to even work with you. Terrible company. Also, I have read a lot of reviews where this hair dryer has died within months of purchase. I will NEVER buy anything from CHI again. There are a lot of products that produce similar results, with better durability and more reasonable prices. I find it very weird that two hair dryers purchased from two different places had the same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Opinion, May 18, 2012
This blow dryer is far better than I would have expected, yes nozzles are a bit hard to get on and off, but it really is no big deal as long as you know how to work it. The blow dryer is so light weight that I can use it all day without straining my arms. It also dries hair much faster than the other 5 blow driers that I own. I will never own anything that isnt CHI again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 13, 2012
great product came as advertised. so far, everything it claims to be. Now drying my hair in under 5 minutes..

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chi hair dryer is great., July 1, 2013
The Chi dryer is the best dryer my wife and I have used. It is superior to all the other brands on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars I WOULD GIVE THIS NO STARS, September 25, 2013
USED FOR A MONTH AND LITERALLY SPARKED,CAUGHT ON FIRE, AND BROKE, I took very good care of this product and for spending so much for it to break with barely any use is ridiculous, huge waste of money.....and of course the seller does not allow refunds......

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than a year, March 16, 2014
R. Melanson "Gadget Geek" (People's Republic of New Jersey) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed in this product. It lasted about 9 months or every other day use for my kids - we did not 'stress' it and I always kept the rear air intake clear of dust. It decided to just top getting hot today. No light on the handle but it sure blows cold air well.

I'll stick to the cheapo ConAir's (I ban buy 3 of them for the price of this) and they last as long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hairdryer, October 22, 2013
This is the same hairdryer that my Mother bought me from a dealer -- my Mom wanted one so I turned around and bought one for her but I got it so much cheaper -- and it is the exact same one I have! Love it -- buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 12, 2013
This is a great product and it shipped fast and the price makes it a great bargain.
I'll purchase it again from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, August 22, 2013
Rose (San Antonio,TX) - See all my reviews
My other cheap dryer broke so I was in the market for a new dryer. I must say that I'm pretty happy so far. I have long, thick curly hair and it dried my hair in half the time compared to my old dryer, it also made my hair less frizzy and I didn't use the diffuser. As far as it being hot enough, it's set at the correct temperature. You don't want the dryer to be so hot that you can't even put your hand in front of it, all you doing at that point is damaging your hair. Overall I'm very pleased with it and for the price it's so far worth it. Only time will tell if it holds up.

Rate and Discover Movies