5.0 out of 5 stars Great product leaves no build-up
Published on January 13, 2011 by novabrite

1.0 out of 5 stars African American Hair Review
Published on July 24, 2012 by DBSugar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product leaves no build-up, January 13, 2011
This review is from: CHI Keratin Mist, Leave-In Strengthening Treatment, 12 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
This product does exactly what it claims to do, which is to strengthen and repair damaged hair. It also leaves your hair sleek and smooth, without weighing it down or leaving gunky build up. Keep in mind though that this product is not intended to give a lot of gloss or shine to hair. A lot of the reviewers who had said negative things about this product were disappointed by the level of shine that it (does not) provide(s). Keep in mind, this is not a shine spray! There are many shine sprays and gloss drops/serums which will provide varying levels of shine, but these products simply coat the hair, usually with a silicone (the exception being some of the products out now with argon oil; these will repair and add shine). The silicone creates the illusion of shiny smooth hair, but they do NOT repair the hair! This product will repair damaged hair. You may feel a positive result as soon as on the first use. However, if you don't, keep using it! It has a cumulative effect. For very damaged hair, especially if damaged from color or other chemical overprocessing, I recommend using this in conjunction with Redken Extreme anti-snap, in the dark blue pump bottle. The two products together will keep damaged hair from breaking and tangling, and will repair the damaged hair and smooth the cuticle. For a shiny effect, I recommend using a high-shine hairspray such as the one that MoroccanOil makes.

This product can be used on wet or dry hair. For my severely damaged long hair, I wash my hair with an intensely hydrating shampoo and conditioner, and then gently squeeze excess water from my hair with a towel. I then spray the Chi Keratin mist all over my head, and work liberal amounts of the Redken Extreme anti-snap through my hair. I allow it to air dry for about 15-20 minutes and then add an additional heat protectant before blowing it dry on a warm/cool setting. I then spray a little more Keratin Mist on my hair before using a flat iron on a low setting to smooth out the fly-aways. In one month's time, my hair went from so fried and crunchy that I couldn't even comb through it, to sleek and healthy looking, with just those two products. Chi Keratin Mist really works, if you give it a chance to do its magic.

1.0 out of 5 stars African American Hair Review, July 24, 2012
I'm on my natural hair journey and am in the phase of "product junkie" and trying to find my staple products. I wanted to try this leave in based on the reviews so was very excited to try it out. My hair felt very nice after my co-wash (soft, nice shine) so I know the conditioner I used worked well and even after I sealed my ends my hair was still soft and manageable UNTIL I sprayed this CHI leave-in on! OMG! This stuff dried my hair out in a matter of minutes (less than 5 to be exact) to the point that I couldn't and wouldn't even try to comb it out as I'm sure I would have did major damage so I ended up having to co-wash my hair all over again to get it back to what it was before I put this stuff on. After my 2nd co-wash I repeated the same routine and used my regular Garnier leave in conditioner "creme" instead and presto my hair was back to normal! Soft, curly, nice shine and not dry or tangled! So needless to say I will not be using this stuff again and will continue to use my Garnier conditioner and make that my "staple" product.

4.0 out of 5 stars must have, March 1, 2009
This a veeery good product I put it on my wet (towel dryed) hair and with another live-in before having hot rolls or before using the blow dryer and let me tell u this stuff has change my hair... everybody tolds me my ends and overall my hair looks a lot healthier... the only concern that i have is that makes u have some white little things in your hair so you have to control the use of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Straw on top anyone?, July 15, 2013
wonderland (Mesquite, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Yep, fried my hair too. Walked out of Toni & Guy with beautiful hair. The first time after my cut and style, I shampooed and conditioned as usual then applied this on from the middle of the hair down to the ends. Blow dried it and then flat ironed it and the result was hair that felt like straw. The only thing different in my routine was this product. This was even after applying CHI Silk Fusion to the ends to try to calm it down. It looked horrible! The same thing happened when I let it air dry. No more of this stuff form me. I'm returning it!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST product in the world!, June 5, 2013
This is seriously the best product for hair!!! It smells great, makes your hair soft and helps it grow. You can spray it on wet or dry hair. I have ethnic hair and this product helps eliminate frizz and keep it shiny. I love it! ❤

5.0 out of 5 stars I've gotten this multiple times, October 10, 2013
Shelby (Decatur, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
It's amazing. I have really long hair, and I use it on my ends, they're always really soft, and it smells great.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHI-MAZING!!, April 28, 2014
I bought this product because I wanted soft hair. At first when you spray this on your natural hair it feels a little hard, but once you start flat ironing your hair on medium high heat it makes your hair silky smooth. I shampooed my hair with the chi shampoo and sprayed this on after towel blotting my hair. I let my hair air dry and then applied an light argon oil/oil sheen before flat ironing and the end result was amazing. I normally get a relaxer every 2 months, but now I will go without the chemical longer and see if I can just do away with chemicals altoghether. LOVE THE PRODUCTS! THANKS AMAZON FOR HAVING IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, January 2, 2014
I use this daily. It is a great protector for your hair if you flat iron it. Leaves my hair soft, smooth and no damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 2, 2013
My hair are super silky and smooth every time I use this product! Looks shiny and healthy. Definitely recommend to try for smooth look.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHI Keratin Mist, September 13, 2013
Debra Marks (Albany, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I use this product everyday. I love how it works and smells. Smell is very important to me and this is wonderful smelling.

CHI Keratin Mist, Leave-In Strengthening Treatment, 12 Ounce
$14.00 $10.14
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies