5.0 out of 5 stars Some info on the product
I just got my cooling rack yesterday and emailed the company with this question:
"I just bought the 12 X 17 cooling rack. I just want to make sure it is okay to use in the oven as a drip rack. Thanks!" This was not explicitly included in the instructions. I was answered THE NEXT DAY!!

"The CIA Cooling Rack can be used in the oven as a drip rack. We...
Published on August 18, 2011 by JJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Support Broke Before 1st Use
Published on July 4, 2010 by Mark Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Some info on the product, August 18, 2011
JJ (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CIA 23304 Masters Collection 12 Inch x 17 Inch Wire Cooling Rack, Chrome Plate Steel (Kitchen)

"The CIA Cooling Rack can be used in the oven as a drip rack. We suggest no higher temp than 450 degrees be used. Do not use under broiler."

Hope this is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars multitasker, April 27, 2008
Cooking Fool (Richmond, VA USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this along with the Lincoln Food Service Sheet Pan Half size, which it fits exactly. They make a great pair for cooking bacon in the oven and the rack cleans up easily in the dishwasher. We're completely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, March 8, 2007
Looked everywhere for a rack of this size to fit my baking pans, and could not find the right size anywhere. Have used it now for several months and love the fit and quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Support Broke Before 1st Use, July 4, 2010
I was so surprised to find the middle elevation support bracket on the bottom of the rack snapped off with almost no effort. It literally came off in my hand. The little stand off bar seems to have been tack welded on with the tiniest fraction of metal...just enough to hold it in place but not enough to make it last. I have not even used it ONCE and it is falling apart already, just putting it away in my kitchen. Maybe the old versions made it the USA were good but these new Chinese (?) made ones are not something I will ever buy again or recommend. Too much hassle to send back for the money involved so it will just have to be a reminder to not purchase from this manufacture again. Jeeze...its getting so most everything seems to be poor quality no matter what the name. I would be happy to send a jpg to the manufacture if anyone there is remotely interested.... MM

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, July 12, 2008
J. H Johnson (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this rack based on a review I read in Cooks Illustraited magazine. If you need one, this really is the best out there. I use it regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it., June 5, 2009
KB "kathy" (downers grove, il USA) - See all my reviews
I first purchased a Chicago Metallic since the price was less. It rusted shortly after purchase. I do throw everything in my dishwasher,maybe thats the problem. But I then bought the CIA (need at least two racks) and wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on the Chicago Met. one. It has held up great, stands the dishwasher etc. As soon as I can bring myself to throw out the rusting one I will purchase another CIA.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, December 25, 2007
I've already used this rack for roasts and baked goods and it leaves no indentations. It's easy to clean too.

5.0 out of 5 stars so glad I read reviews and bought these!!!, January 20, 2009
Just received these racks today (ordered two of them) and am really pleased. They are very sturdy, the wires are close enough that food won't fall through, and they fit in my jellyroll pans PERFECTLY. I own nonstick cooling racks, but couldn't use them to roast on in my oven. These racks are worth the money compared to the flimsy ones I've seen in stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality, November 23, 2011
Amfi (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
I've had this rack for awhile, but I just realized what a great product it is. Recently I roasted a brined pork shoulder on this rack all day in the oven. The meat also had a dry rub on it with even more salt. After baking there were all of these little bits of meat stuck to the rack so I placed it in the pan upside down and covered it with water. I actually left it to soak for two days as things were a bit hectic. I was dreading pulling the pan out of the oven - expecting to find a rusty mess. Well - what a pleasant surprise! All of the gunk was easy to clean off and amazingly the rack looked like new. Try that with any old cooling rack and I guarantee you won't be pleased. This rack is so well constructed and survived the salt, many hours of baking in the oven, and days underwater so I have to give it five stars. I think I'm going to buy another one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, May 18, 2010
Two racks both had broken parts on arrival. The bases that the racks rest on were improperly welded/soldered and they just fell apart before I even used them once.