Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 19, 2012
I just purchased it a few months ago. It is set up almost identical to the Swann system and even does some of the same crap. My Swann did not record consistently and Cib is no better. When I do a search it seems to be loosing video over and over. What good does it do to record if it cant keep the recording in order, have a time stamp on it so you can see exactly where you are as you search, and now its not picking up any of my 5 cameras. I also could not get it to switch from one camera to the other based on motion. I was expecting it to be able to do that. It just records all screens the whole time and a little m pops up on the screen. I can be watching someone walk past the camera and the screen goes blank. When I do a search and fast forward or rewind, it freezes or goes blank. The glitches are not something worth dealing with for me. It's not
reliable. Without a time stamp it won't hold up in court and when searching, you can't tell where you are at so you can't mark the time of the occurrence. My only hope is to find a software update on it, I guess. I recommend not buying this unless you have a way of not using the software.
UPDATE: somehow it is back to showing the cameras again, not sure why, so i upped the stars to 3. I still have the other issues to deal with.
UPDATE NUMBER 2: Now I'm getting a time stamp when I do a search after it did it's last reboot. Thank you techs for fixing that issue. It was a big one for me. I have not tried to reset the motion so I don't know if it has been fixed but if it has, I will definitely give it a higher rating. There was an option it does not have in playback that would be really nice. Continuous rewind or playback, and a faster playback time than 8x. It does blackout when I play it back in faster rewings so that would need to be fixed also. Thanks.
on September 13, 2012
This is sold in the USA and video here is NTSC, but the unit is set to PAL. The first line in the instructions say to hook it up to your video monitor with the RCA to BNC connector. This WILL NOT work. I had to hook it up to a VGA monitor and then change the units output from PAL to NTSC to make the video work. For a user without this option, they would be dead in the water.

Other than that, I have it mostly set up without even opening the manual. I do 100% overlap recording, so that is fairly easy to figure out.

I replaced a bad 4 channel CIB unit that failed after 18 months. The hard drive controller is bad, and I couldn't get tech support to give me a price on the part after several phone calls.
on April 3, 2012
Software has many glitches. While reviewing video, hitting play from fast forward will exit the playback function so you have to search and start all over again. gets pretty annoying when you have to review 20 times before you can get to the point of the video you want to see. if its even there. dvr randomly stops recording channels for seconds or minutes at a time periodically. Not good when you are looking for something and the screen blacks out during the time frame you need to see. Works great as a live view/ multiplexer. DVR functions not so good.

Update: DVR now reboots itself every 2 minutes and has no network connectivity, not even on local network even though the network light is on. Now is a $100 paper weight. Save yourself the trouble and buy better quality DVR!!
on November 29, 2014
I bought this to replace a Zmodo DVR that died on me. My most common use case is remote viewing on my computer/tablet/phone and on this unit, it will display fine for a few seconds and then the screen will go gray. I have to constantly refresh or switch cameras to keep the picture good. Extremely annoying and when I get around to replacing it someday (I'm saving up for a full 1080p system), I will enjoy taking a sledgehammer to this unit.

If you ignore my advice and decide to buy this anyway, be sure to do lots of testing in the first week so that when you decide you don't like it, you can return it easily under Amazon's 30-day return policy.
on August 4, 2012
Not recommended for those whom looking for reliable recording DVR, the DVR stops recording for several seconds per channel when it setup on alarm recording. I contacted the Customer support. They response saying they would get back to assist me, over three weeks ago no response from this company.
on April 23, 2012
1. No continuous replay, have to click hour by hours
2. Noisy exhaust fan, and now it does not even run after 2 and a half month of use.

Rule of thumb for a DVR- allow continuous replay

I can't ask for more, since this only cost 139$ without a hard drive..
I did expect cheap quality, but not this poor!
on May 9, 2014
I have been buying DVR's for my stores for that past year.
I tried this one, because the regular DVR's were out of stock.
This Unit does NOT have the HDD inside.

I do NOT recommend buying this unit
on November 23, 2013
Work GOOD about a week + then some happen. Some feature not working. May be look for new version in future
on August 3, 2015
item as described seems to be working well