Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 12, 2012
This product has copper clad steel center conductor, it is NOT solid copper as described. Had to return it. Made in China.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2012
I used half a roll running cables for security cameras outside of my home. The insulation and wire appear to be well-made and I see no video quality or power loss over 50-100 foot runs compared to plugging the cameras directly into the dvr. I fished them through the eaves and walls without any damage to the outer jacket.

I paired them up with the male and female 2.1 adapters for power (link below). The twist on BNC coax adapters (linked below) fit the jacket fine. I finished off the connections with heat shrink tubing, but quality electrical tape would do the trick.

Many people are going with ethernet cat 5 for the video cameras, but I didn't have any experience with it. The traditional Siamese rg59 method worked great.

10 Pcs 2.1x5.5mm Male Jack DC Power Adapter for CCTV Camera
10 Pack 2.1mm x 5.5mm Female CCTV Power Jack Adapter
Twist-On BNC Male Coax Connectors CCTV RG59 Pack of 10
on January 15, 2012
This cable worked well, performed as claimed. My runs were under 100 feet. I used the "GTMax 10pcs CCTV Power Plug Male Adapter + 10pcs CCTV Power Plug Female Adapter(2.1mm x 5.5mm)" from BlueMall (here on Amazon) as connectors. These connectors worked fine and made for a quick installation.
on November 20, 2012
Cable works, If pulling a long distance, Be cautious of stretching the cable as this seems to stretch the copper core and when the cable relaxes the copper starts to pop out of the end, Ended up pulling many "buffers" every 12-15 feet to minimize this. Added some time to the job, But better then possibly snapping the core and spending a day hunting down the break.
on February 5, 2014
great price i put this in for future use if i ever decided to add cameras since my walls and ceiling were off i thought i would run the wire now and take advantage of the timing. wired items are always better the wireless so if walls are off why not run the wires .
great price of 85 bucks
for 500 ft
on September 7, 2012
This cable worked well, performed as claimed. My runs were under 100 feet. I used the "GTMax 10pcs CCTV Power Plug Male Adapter + 10pcs CCTV Power Plug These connectors worked fine and made for a quick installation.
on May 31, 2012
While installing the cable I discovered that the roll was not quite 500'. I filed a complaint with Amazon and tried to get the seller's contact info, but Amazon said the seller would just re-route me back to Amazon anyway, so I thought I was stuck. I wrote feedback to the seller, and they IMMEDIATELY contacted me to resolve the issue. I am very impressed with the way they handled this situation and how important it was to them to resolve the issue. I'm glad to see there are companies out there like this. As for the cable itself, I'm sure it will be fine... It's a simple RG59 with 18/2 power wire... And the seller did say they've been selling this product for several years with no complaints (about the 500' length or the quality of the wire) - and I trust them. I'm sure my situation was an oddball...
on April 12, 2012
I bought the cable a month ago and used for my video system. It is a well-made, good quality cable. No power and picture lost running at all. I would recommend this cable.
on March 11, 2013
Made connections easily and allowed us to change out cables on existing cameras. Definitely a product we will purchase again.
on August 27, 2012
purchased this item on May 18, 2012. ran 8 runs so far i am using 4 flawlessly, easy to pull works fine

See 1 answered question